• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Started getting our first bit of snowfall last night. It won't last, of course (already melting), but it was fun seeing Kaz's reaction to it.

+I hope we can get the fence up this week. And the raking done, because holy ****, there are a ton of leaves in our yard. :cautious:The joys of having a forest directly behind you. No seriously, I love it...but the yard work. x_x

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Doctor who probably made me afraid of spiders. Good episode tho.

Sam witwer killed it on Supergirl as this episode was a character's journey to villainhood.

norman reedus might be a good fancast for john marston.

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I've been playing Dark Cloud with my older brothers while I visit. I'm not usually one to fall into gameplay loops but building up the weapons in that game as I progress is satisfying enough to not feel repetitive even though it totally is if you are trying to focus on building up more than one.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
After 48 hours of no heating or hot water, we discover we could have fixed it ourselves in seconds - if the installer has just shown us how. Which he should have done, apparently. 11 years ago.

But hey, pay day!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just saw a catfight. A stray had walked in on our cat's territory and had the audacity to sit on her mat and she was NOT impressed.

The old girl still had plenty of fight in her and sent that stray packing. Good cat. :kiss:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Kind of had something huge dropped on me yesterday. Nothing bad, no deaths or anything--just shocking, and I don't even know what else I'm feeling right now.

So if I'm a bit more AWOL/haven't replied to anyone, don't worry, I will. Just need to process things.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I find it funny that ClusterTruck has a Superhot mode considering both are indie games with neat concepts that are ruined by terrible execution.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Did my Halloween play through of Lone Survivor earlier tonight. Last year I didn't get the chance to because my job at the time was hitting me with all of the hours. I might give Claire: The Extended cut another play through soon too.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm just going to throw myself into my work today. I think that's the only way I'm going to be able to stay grounded until the next time he and I talk--and then I'll make sure to address the proverbial elephant...well, not in the room, literally, but the metaphorical one of the past. Because if I don't say anything about it, it might never come up, and then what the hell kind of closure will either of us get from this?

Gods, over 20 ****ing years...how the hell am I supposed to process this? All that time, lost... But would I ever have been ready for this?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Ugh, it's four in the morning and you can just finally feel yourself drifting off to sleep when suddenly the alarm clock goes off, telling you it's time to go to work. :grumpy:
I had a similar situation. I was awake at 11am, and I needed to go to work at 12am. Best solution is to treat it as your exercise. Drink caffeine, which isn't good for you, but wakes you up. Alcohol helps me stay awake, and power through. If you have a boss that tolerates you having it in your system, show why it's a good thing to have it in your system. It helps you tell your brain to shut up and power through.

Between breaks, sleep for a while and turn on your vibrator or alarm so you go back to work when the time is up. Even a little sleep works wonders, but when you need to go to work pronto, you need something in your system to keep you going.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So the ex Minister for Economical Progress had something to say about videogames.

Cattura.png

"The problem is passivity when compared to reading and playing. You react, you don't act. Furthermore, they get the mind used to a speed which makes any other activity slow and boring."

I'm noticing blatant mistakes and ignorance about the subject there. Like ok, I do agree with the last sentence. It is true that videogames offer instant gratification, which generally makes people vastly prefer them to "slower" activities such as reading. It's also why people can get addicted to videogames.
But everything before that, I find questionable. For starters, you deem videogames as passive hobbies while reading and "traditional" playing as active ones. I can agree on the latter but reading? That's notoriously a passive activity, my dude. Videogames are not at all a passive medium, and you very much act as well as react while playing them. Unless you're playing a Telltale game or something like that, which is pretty much comparable to another passive activity such as watching a movie, videogames inevitably challenge you one way or the other.

It's pretty evident to me the guy never really bothered to get to know the medium, and is thus merely talking from a biased, willfully ignorant point of view. I didn't even need him saying, and I quote, "I won't let them [videogames] in my house" to realize this.

Top Bottom