• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Gold Supporter
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
At least yesterday was kind of fun, but damned if it didn't drain my batteries. And I have a raging headache today. x_x Now that my word count is taken care of, maybe I can spend the rest of today getting some serious R&R. Maybe a nap. Gods, I'm getting old...

Z218

the man with doubts
My take on "the problem with Apu" documentary is that it's should be gris for the mill (sorry if I botched that saying).

Use it as inspiration to get your voice out there. If you want to change how South Asians are percieved in media, you gotta do it yourself. Expecting anyone else to do it for you is wishful thinking or passing the buck.

Z218

the man with doubts
Ninja Gaiden would be harder to adapt as a movie than DMC because I don't think Ryu is as compelling a presence as Dante can be.

I should like him because he's a ninja fighting monsters but he's pretty flat and stoic and not even Troy Baker's inherent awesomeness can save him.

Granted there are bits and pieces of good ideas in NG that you could heck stitch together to make something out of. Plus DOA provides a wider range of personalities to play him off of and the Yokai of Ni-oh are more appealing than the fiends.

So you got options.

Sparda's rejected son

The true Ultra Instinct
Contributor
Gold Supporter
Question: Would you deny a date with someone because they live in a bad neighborhood?

The logic I was given was that going into such areas could lead to things such as theft , bodily injury, "a uneasy feeling," getting lost, (due to being unfamiliar with the area and/or Google Maps dropping the ball) "lack luster demographics" and more. While I can agree these are valid points should the "risk" be taken anyway?

Z218

the man with doubts
It fells like the new God of War went down a similar path to DmC and NG3.

But where DmC faltered and NG3 failed, God of War suceeded.

interesting.

Angel

proudly intolerant
Staff member
Finally got around to watching last Jedi.

It was...meh.

Some stuff badly done, some dodgy green screen moments, daisy ridley still cannot act, predictable "twist" stuff, swearing (which just doesn't belong in the star wars universe) and bad humour which was too try hard and nowhere near as organic and funny as the original trilogy.

Porgs, fathiers and crystal wolf things were cool though.

6/10

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Gold Supporter
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
I've been doing more editing than writing this past week (by a wide margin), and at this juncture, I think I just need a few more days to focus solely on making those minor adjustments. First my focus was screwed because of knowing he was leaving. Now it's screwed 'cause he's gone--and no matter how much I want to, I can't make "5 months" sound positive in my head.

Gods, I hope it isn't half as daunting to get through as it currently feels like it's going to be. x_x