• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Had a pleasant moment while editing my story today. So my original story is very Power Ranger based. (Multiple people in costumes fighting evil) Now I cut my tale's content super short because I wanted to finish it. Instead of letting it drag on and possibly never ending it.
So that meant many characters were cut. The "team" was supposed to have seven members but instead capped at the orignal four. So while editing one of the chapters I realized that their will be seven characters participating in the final battle! It turns out three side characters who were merely that, "side characters" have weaved their way into the narrative.
What's better is that these three characters have fighting experience which was already established! They may not be the "true" characters meant to grace the pages but I'd be lying if I didn't think the current scenario was indeed opportune. I love when a story just falls in place without me really trying because the results aren't shabby at all.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I know the feeling, had someting similar with Life is Strange. That feeling is how you'll be remembering the game and it's really satisfying.

+Just hit my knee but it didn't hurt. Nice.

It (Hellblade, that is) is a really good game. I'm proud of the devs for how it turned out. It's beautiful and I'm really intrigued by the story. It's mainly the way they're depicting her mental illness that gets to me because...it's almost painfully accurate. And, y'know, good; we need more accurate depictions of stuff like that in media. But it's definitely unsettling to see symptoms you or friends have experienced portrayed to accurately. (I'm fine now that I've slept and all that, but I was shaky and on edge the rest of the day after only getting 85min into the game.)

Thinking:
Oh, gods, why is there only two days left? I might need to extend the deadline by a week.

Viper

Premium
Sad truth of life is that when I was younger and had no money I dreamed of buying figurines for my favorite series, and now that I have money, not only did the price make my heart skip a beat, but it's also just not worth it to have my parents bitch and moan about wasting it on silly toys.

And yet I really really want that Play Arts Kai Liquid Snake.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
What was the point in it updating the appearance of the browser? o_O

+ The living room looks so much bigger without the sectional. We still need an armchair, though.

++I will finish reading that today.

Viper

Premium
Chicken liver can actually be quite delicious when prepared nicely, however, breaded and fried chicken breasts stuffed with liver sound more like a prank than a recipe I want to prepare.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sad truth of life is that when I was younger and had no money I dreamed of buying figurines for my favorite series, and now that I have money, not only did the price make my heart skip a beat, but it's also just not worth it to have my parents bitch and moan about wasting it on silly toys.

And yet I really really want that Play Arts Kai Liquid Snake.

If you earned that money then buy the figures. Nothing wrong with indulging yourself. I have tons of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider figuarts myself. Love those damn figures too.

____

I beileve my original story has the ingredients to be highly entertaining. With tighter editing, addtional content, removal of some content and some shaved off body hair I believe I've created something fun, silly, and adventurous.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
"Why do you Italians always do your own anime opening songs instead of sticking to the original Japanese ones?"

Eh, rumor is that it's cheaper to make a new one than buying the original's rights. Also for art sake, I guess. Otherwise why hiring a famous professional pop singer like Marco Masini for Shaman King for example, instead of using the usual and surely less expensive, although still amazing, Giorgio Vanni or Cristina D'avena.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Nah, they were typically original lyrics written by actual bands. Often very 90's in style because it was the 90's. :tongue:

But now we usually just get the JPN subbed OP which is kinda disappointing.

*Nods* Sailor Moon comes to mind; the tune was the same, but the lyrics were about very different things. The Japanese had more depth in terms of romance, whereas the English version spoke about Sailor Moon's virtues in fighting the enemy.

Also, am I the only one caught between the nostalgia of the dubs from their childhood and knowing they were "terrible" in the sense that they completely changed characters/storyline? It makes me crazy. T_T (Cardcaptors, I'm looking at you; so much nostalgia there, but I feel like I have to watch Cardcaptor Sakura subbed in order to see it as it was meant to be seen, despite the fact that it was the dub I fell in love with all those years ago).

CT: Slowly going crazy. Oh, who the hell am I kidding? We've been heading that way at Mach speed. :cautious:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nah, they were typically original lyrics written by actual bands. Often very 90's in style because it was the 90's. :tongue:

But now we usually just get the JPN subbed OP which is kinda disappointing.

Yeah I know what you mean, for example for Dragon Ball Super they made that poor Giorgio Vanni make his own opening, and then they use the Japanese one. Wtf.

Top Bottom