• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's a very interesting situation, to be honest. This person, over the last 5 years or so, has been bringing up anything and everything to appear controversial. It's like they are a teenager trying to rebel, only no one really cares but they can't see it.

From religious to major atheist, atheist to pagan, pagan to goodness knows what right now... And then came the " alternative lifestyles", whatever the hell that means in their book.

And now it's, "oh and I'm bisexual now". I already called it a few years back because I knew she was gearing up to something and it was the only thing that her Facebook hints were getting at. I don't even care, it's not my business, it just seems...I don't know. Contrived, perhaps? My guess is she'll soon "decide" she's transgender, just for the shock value.

Seems kind of demeaning to genuine LGBTs, to me. Like she's run out of drama and now needs to create it. I'm not even sure she's genuinely bisexual, which is why I posed the question, I guess.

People can be weird.

Unfortunately some people sometimes do just want the attention or to see if they can get a reaction. Maybe they really don't know what they are or are just on the lookout for some new novelty to attach to. In the LGBT community, I haven't met too many people who are like this... of those I've known for 10, 12+ years, I know one guy who is "questioning" gender and bi who wanders about between one interest and another but he's like... the exception to dozens I know who don't and don't tend to change their views on core things much. This guy changed his mind about being trans, but it's more like a spectrum than two extremes and given how androgynous he is in all things and has been for a very long time, I take it for truth that he's somewhere in the middle by nature. Can't speculate on the person you know without knowing them but, I'd probably feel the same skepticism if there were not long term indicators or hints before recent.

That person admitting to being transgender would be quite the test. What's said can't be unsaid, and it would take a certain kind of crazy to want to face up to the potential flak and repercussions if it was all just for the attention. People sometimes troll it, but usually only from the safety of an anonymous internet username. To do it in real life... well, you'll know if it's more likely to be B.S. or not if nothing ever comes of the confession. Trans people don't tend to admit to being trans lightly, and if they really are a lot of them are compelled to do something about it. But I've seen a few trolls before. They're nearly always terrible at it, since it's pretty hard to replicate the reality of the condition without 1st hand knowledge.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I wish I could find eel outside of Japanese restaurants. It's so hard to find and I have cravings, dang it. -wants-

+ Wait a sec, you're expecting me to visit the family once a week? Oh, heck no. That ain't happening.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Don't know what to think of the new Dad's Army movie trailer set for 2016 release. Nothing would beat the original, to which is still hilarious today, but the new-movie trailer just seems weak and odd.

Maybe I will be wrong next year.

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
So many games in early access with amazing potential, I really hope some of them manage to get close to reaching that full potential by the time they get to Beta and full release.

You mean games like "Backwards running dog" and "Don't trust whales"? :laugh:

Thinking I want to make a clip for Capcom-Unity's Truestyle Round this weekend, or if I should use one of the clips I already have

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Today feels lazy but I know I've got stuff to do. Nyeh. Think I'll just do the quick version of what I'm supposed to be doing: throw food in the croc pot, mop quickly, do a load of only the essential dishes, and pretend I accomplished something. Maybe, if I'm lucky, people will come on Skype and distract me. -fingers crossed-

Dark Drakan

Admin
You mean games like "Backwards running dog" and "Don't trust whales"? :laugh:

Thinking I want to make a clip for Capcom-Unity's Truestyle Round this weekend, or if I should use one of the clips I already have

Never heard of those but I imagine they aren't the type I'm talking about. :laugh:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Gosh, looking into the needed prerequisites and costs and such are scary. I don't know if I can do this. What if I screw up? What if I fail and humiliate myself? :'(

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Better to try & give it your all and fail than never to have even tried at all.

True. I just...a lot of my relatives look at me like I'm a failure for taking care of mum instead of finishing up all my schooling and...I guess I'm scared that I'll fail and prove them right. :S Also, I'll have to take 2-5 maths classes to graduate with the degree I want...I'm terrible at maths. OTL

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
True. I just...a lot of my relatives look at me like I'm a failure for taking care of mum instead of finishing up all my schooling and...I guess I'm scared that I'll fail and prove them right. :S Also, I'll have to take 2-5 maths classes to graduate with the degree I want...I'm terrible at maths. OTL
You won't fail. If it's at all possible, don't let those specific relatives know about what your goals are and what you're looking to accomplish, because as far as past experience dictates, they'll only bring you down for it and find fault in it. You're an intelligent woman with far more maturity than anyone your age. You'll do well. As long as you don't let their negativity get you down, which is easier said than done, which is why I suggest avoidance. It's sometimes easier to prevent negativity than to deal with it. Chat to your mum about this as well so you can both be on the same page. I'm sure she'll be on your side and rooting for you all the way.

+There's a PIN IT button. On the forum. TOTALLY PINNING THIS PLACE ON MY PINTEREST:woot:

Dark Drakan

Admin

image.jpg

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Dante's Stalker @Dark Drakan Thank you, both. =) I really appreciate all your support. I think I'm going to try for it. Use the time it'll take to prepare for it to find a school that'll suit me and then go from there. Try and keep as much to myself and mum as long as possible until I need to talk to Gran about it (because she'll tell everyone the second anything's official). Maybe it'll work out. It's really scary, though. :S

Top Bottom