• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Viper: I had the same problem happen to me before. I had three jobs I was hoping to get interviews for. The one that I was least interested in was the only one I got a call from.

@Innsmouth: Good advice. I know for me personally, looking over it now, taking up that job was a bad idea. I'm in a much better position now though. So it helps to just say "Is it worth it? Should I really take it?". It's best to keep your options open.

A little piece of advice I can offer would be that if you do decide you need to take up this job, you can always still look for work whilst you're in employment. Especially if you do really fancy leaving the job at any point. You'll hopefully have other possibilities lined up for yourself.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Good advice. I know for me personally, looking over it now, taking up that job was a bad idea. I'm in a much better position now though. So it helps to just say "Is it worth it? Should I really take it?". It's best to keep your options open.

A little piece of advice I can offer would be that if you do decide you need to take up this job, you can always still look for work whilst you're in employment. Especially if you do really fancy leaving the job at any point. You'll hopefully have other possibilities lined up for yourself.
Yeah, I know how you feel. I have same stuff going on now, so I gonna look for another place to work in, since imho bashing your head on wall is pointless, better quit when you understand there is nothing in there for you and keep looking for better places.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
So in English we were assigned to Recast The Princess Bride movie. My first though was to recast Prince Humperdink to be played by Peter Dinklage....therefor making him Prince Humperdinklage

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ehm... what do you do when a girl talks to you while doing whatever she can to slap her boobs in your face? No seriously. It's not a rhetorical question.

I didn't understand if she was trying to hit on me or just... showing off for vanity.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
It's better you talk to her boobs, since their owner are not listening to you.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I want to join a fencing/sword fighting group, but they're all about an hour away and so I have no way to get there. >_< Seriously, my town has next to nothing to do in it for someone looking for something that isn't a gym (which would bore me after a couple tries).

+ *pokes person she knows* Please stop acting like all my hobby ideas are a joke. I don't mock your ides of hobbies when you bring them up. >_<

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I want to join a fencing/sword fighting group, but they're all about an hour away and so I have no way to get there. >_<
No kendo dojos in your area, huh? That really sucks. I hate that.

Edit: This is a really lame idea, but get a plastic pipe, or a broom handle, or a cane, or something and copy the movements you see on youtube.

Hwa Rang Do has pretty much everything though. It's like ninjutsu, only without the historical inaccuracy.

----------------------------------------------------------

+ Random: How awesome would it be if Nintendo's next console (the NX) were to be made in conjunction with Sega-Sammy and they ended up calling it, "Dreamscape"?

I'd buy that in a minute. I'd buy ten of them with all the launch games... even the ones I don't like.

Dreamscape 2017 -- Escape your reality.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
No kendo dojos in your area, huh? That really sucks. I hate that.

Hwa Rang Do has pretty much everything though. It's like ninjutsu, only without the historical inaccuracy.

Nope. Extremely basic karate (which I took years ago) and then those zumba/yoga classes (which make me uncomfortable), so all that I'm really open to are gyms. Nothing else. >_< Everything is in the next city over. It does suck. =( Makes me wonder why they don't. Maybe cuz my town is somewhat new (and really close to three retirement communities ._.). I might have to resort to looking up videos of techniques from dojos and practice those until I can find an actual place to learn from. >_<

Top Bottom