• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Found a gameplay video of a low cost low dev game on youtube recently. I have gotten addicted to it. After watching it 24/7 I thought maybe I try it myself. Currently I am too freaked out to play far out. I have taken some steps at least... *shudders* Maybe the unpredictable variation of the ambient backgrounds gets me most. After 20 mins of the game afk it suddenly comes to several points of sounds and ambient tunes that just freaks me out more. Seriously this game is creepy but it is not bad at all. It is short but to be a low dev low cost game it is very good. The demo was Wrong Floor. Some changes to the final one. Now it is From the Darkness. Also the speakers are running wild on some of these music backgrounds. It is going to be fun to play. If you like horror stuff I would recommend this. Good stuff. Do not necessarily need high profile dev production company for making a decent game. Something to think about eh. Well I am off to play.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Cats organised neatly
Find All
Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with love

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What are your thoughts? I'm quite intrigued by this game

Currently playing Tiny Bang Story
I quite liked it, felt like it was missing a step but overall i liked the world and the bosses and really liked the combat once i got to grips with it

Dark Drakan

Admin
Got so many games on the go at the moment and dont seem to be making much progress on many of them:

Assassins Creed Valhalla,
The Division 2,
Ghost Recon Breakpoint,
Dying Light,
Mad Max,
TitanFall 2,
Outriders,
Valheim,
Yakuza 0,
Red Dead Redemption 2,
The Forest,
Remnant from the Ashes,
Monster Hunter World,
No Mans Sky,

These are just the ones ive been playing in the last week... many many more in the backlog...

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
SMT_III_HD_Remaster_PS4_JP_Cover.png

@Demi-fiend

berto

I Saw the Devil
My kid sister wanted to try PS Now so we got it and I'm giving Okage a go. I have the game on the PS4 but it is trash on the PS5. That was such a huge disappointment.

Aurelius

Diving into my backlog and reinstalled New Vegas for the umpteenth time. I've always been drawn towards the Fallout series but have barely played them. Every time I've tried, I've only gotten as far as the tutorial and then I lose interest. In Fallout 4, I got as far as rescuing Preston Garvey and his group but once again, lost interest.

Mental block I guess. They sure are hard to tear down...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Okage The Shadow King.
For whatever reason, the transfer to the PS5 for this game is terrible. THere are some major graphical issues with this game. At first, the theory was that the game just started to buckle when it tries to play at 4k, but I lowered the resolution on my PS5 to 1080 and the issues persist.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I finished Arkham Asylum. The game is not that long, if you don't bother to do all of the Riddler trophies. The game is a standard 6-8 hour action game with Metroid elements. I focused mainly on combat upgrades first, but got stealth as my 2nd upgrade, then armor and the batarang upgrades. Those definitely spice up the combat, and the ultra bat claw you get late game can break the combat and stealth when you know what you're doing. The boss fights are the weakest parts of the game. Either they copy the Bane fight, or it's fight mooks, wait for boss to open up/be vulnerable, rinse and repeat three times. The best section was with Killer Croc, since it was different from everything else.

The voice acting is top-notch with 3 returning actors from the Animated series. Conroy and Hamill are the top of their game as always, and it's sad that Arleen Sorkin retired from voice acting after this, understandable. She did get plenty of funny lines. I guess Arkham City is next, but I might play something else in between. I'm usually told that either Asylum or City is the best, and fans still argue til this day. I know Asylum has a tighter structure, yet City has better combat and is more expansive. Guess I'll see, but I'll most likely favor the second game in the franchise.

Aurelius

Multiplayer aside, I am playing Halo for the first time ever. Bought the Master Chief Collection and I’m quite enjoying it actually. It’s a nice feeling to finally learn the controls and not get spawned killed every where I turn! It only took me 20 years to get into this game, haha!
... I still hate driving the Warthog though!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I played some GG Strive last night. Giovanna was my first pick and I'm already in love with the character. I did a couple of mission trials and palyed around in training last night. I did Arcade mode, but I quit after the 4th fight because I was tired. I don't like how difficulty works in this mode. You automatically start on Hard, and drop based on losing a round or entire match. I know I was on Extreme when I quit. When playing again just early, I went from Hard to Normal for most of the run, only get back to hard on the last two matches. Why couldn't they just do a standard: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Expert mode? Or do the thing in SF3: 3rd Strike where you can choose a more difficult path in your arcade run? I hope they fix that.

I managed to get 8 wins in a row and was able to co-op with Axel (AI only) on the final boss. I played as Gio and the co-op with partner mechanic is awesome. I just wish that there was a dramatic battle mode a la Street Fighter Alpha 2. Arc System needs to make an update and have a Dramatic Battle mode. My brother and I would go nuts for that co-op mode.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I popped in No More Heroes on Switch. It's awkward not playing with the motion controls at first, but I'm getting used to regular control already. I'm glad they give you options for either control method. The open world has not aged well. It's not the worst, but could have been better. Getting entry fees still sucks. To take down the tedium by doing side jobs or kill missions that give the highest rewards each time. The good thing is you can replay them any time, but it does involve going back to job spot to do them again. I do notice the huge removal of "Heavenly Star" by Genki Rockets. Licensing issue, so it's replaced by "Kill or Be Killed" from No More Heroes 2.

The combat is good, but don't go expecting DMC, God of War, or Bayonetta. The funny thing is NMH had a bullet time dodge mechanic called Dark Step that beats Witch Time by 2 years. The huge difference being Witch Time has a dedicated dodge button, while Dark Step is a hidden mechanic the game nor instruction manual tell you about. You do by blocking an attack and tapping the control stick from left to right as soon as it hits. Travis will go slide to the left or right, and you get free hits while in slow-mo. This mechanic would be refined at its best in Killer Is Dead. The Grasshopper game with the best combat from the studio. What's unique about this game is the Beam Katana (Light Saber) and the wrestling moves to perform on stunned enemies and bosses. You can stun enemies with punch and kicks called beat attacks. These can be upgraded once you unlock the gym and train Travis to have stronger attacks. The same can be done with his health too. I know you can unlock more Beam Katanas later in the game. You need the final sword to get the true ending. I recommend you get the infinite battery for it too. A heads up for those wondering or curious.

I've killed Dr. Peace already. I would have fought Shinobu early, but I had to buy a Tsubaki, go to gym and upgrade Travis, and bought some accessories for aesthetic differences. I had to do a quick grind, but it did not take me long to get the entry fee. So I will be fighting Shinobu next. With everything said, the grind is only going to get worse from here.

There are some neat stuff in the open-world to fine like hidden shirts and money, but it does not make up for the over all experience.
Edit: I finally beat Shinobu, and man does the camera suck. I forgot tedious it can be depending on where you fight and what objects are blocking your way. You can't change the sensitivity of the camera, which was bad for even 2007. It took me 4 tries to finally beat her, and with 3 pixels of health left. Now on my way to Destroy Man; a much easier boss.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Found a gameplay video of a low cost low dev game on youtube recently. I have gotten addicted to it. After watching it 24/7 I thought maybe I try it myself. Currently I am too freaked out to play far out. I have taken some steps at least... *shudders* Maybe the unpredictable variation of the ambient backgrounds gets me most. After 20 mins of the game afk it suddenly comes to several points of sounds and ambient tunes that just freaks me out more. Seriously this game is creepy but it is not bad at all. It is short but to be a low dev low cost game it is very good. The demo was Wrong Floor. Some changes to the final one. Now it is From the Darkness. Also the speakers are running wild on some of these music backgrounds. It is going to be fun to play. If you like horror stuff I would recommend this. Good stuff. Do not necessarily need high profile dev production company for making a decent game. Something to think about eh. Well I am off to play.

Have you tried SCP - Containment Breach?

https://www.scpcbgame.com/

Top Bottom