• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Goldsickle

Completed the stupid Riddler challenges in Arkham City, including the "campaigns".
Those "campaigns" are the worst kind of padding to stretch out the stupid challenges.

Aurelius

It’s a bloody clash between Red Dead 2 and Skyrim. Since I’ve switched back to Oldrim on PC, Skyrim is fighting dirty...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Last Saturday, I did my first attempt at Arcade Mode, Mania+ Difficulty! I played as Blaze and got the S Rank, Time - 2:00:23, Score: 485,198 pts. #49. Not bad for a first attempt. I did die 3 times, but was able snag 9 lives total in the end with 1 star left.

Aurelius

GTA San Andreas

I have come to realize that one of the hardest part of this game is maintaining CJ’s body weight. I also forgot how awesome it is to ride the BMX bikes. Who needs a car?!?!

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The new WarioWare demo.

I was never the biggest fan of the franchise, but this demo might have just sold me if I can get it at a good price. :unsure:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I played No More Heroes III for a couple of hours. I will give a more in-depth review later. So here's quick summation so far:

Pros:

• The combat is at it's best in the series. Taking elements from the previous games and Killer Is Dead. You can see what kept and got rid of what didn't work. Travis can now jump and dodge with their own dedicated buttons now. So no more having to hold block (though still a good idea) to do a dodge or perfect dodge (used to be called Dark Step). You have Death Chip attacks that can be equipable and run on a cool-down timer. Just like TSA.
  • This game has so much style, and Suda is just going full nuts.
  • Each boss battle has it's own unique gimmick or theme. I've only done two so far though. I'll be working on side activities for a while.
  • The side activities are fun and can be done at higher levels for more rewards.
  • Upgrading Travis can all be done at one place now at his home.
  • You can fight bosses you've beaten again, and up the difficulty for bigger rewards when at home base.
Cons:

• The open world is pretty barren with not much to do other than going to point A to B. There are important collectibles you can get, but that is about it. I would have just preferred the menu system from NMH2. The only good thing I can say it's easy to go where you need, and there is fast travel.
  • Surprise Difficulty. You can die fast in this game before you get the chance to upgrade Travis, that it will catch veteran and new players alike unguarded. The first boss actually killed me a 4 times, and I picked Normal. The second boss only killed me once. So I recommend you try to activities as much as possible to get the currencies to level Travis up properly.
  • Dash and Charge Attacks are moves you have to unlocked, instead being defaulted like the 2nd game. Why? They were always default moves. This just adds padding to moves you should already have.
  • Some of it might be overwhelming for people with all the tutorial pop ups for new mechanics. Thankfully, you can go back and look at them easily in the menu any time.
I'll play so more either later tonight or tomorrow.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I've been playing around the open world activities in NMH III. Now that I've unlocked them, things open up more and easier to get cash from doing activities and combat challenges. You're also rewarded for getting collectibles like trading cards or crystal scorpions as bringing them back to the designated NPC gets you tons of cash for both currencies. You can mark locations on your map to so you won't get lost. The open world is still pretty basic, but a huge improvement over the first game. I still don't like the entry fees, but thankfully, you can grind activities as much as you want.

Another improvement I noticed is that this game has way better enemy variety than either of the previous mainline games. Each enemy or mini boss gets own style Killer 7 introduction and some fan fare unlike the past games. No constant annoying shouts or insults from basic enemies now. So a definite plus!

I've powered Travis more and have his health and attack power at level 4, his batter power at level 3, and got the dash and charge attack. I really want to get that million stab style move he has, but that will take a minute. I already put in the entry fee to face Superhero#8. I'll do the boss fight later in the morning.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
More NMH3. I got the rest of the Death Glove Techniques while doing a boss battle. Suda does that thing where he does a bait and switch boss fight. Twice, and one right after the other. Black Knight (#8) gets killed by some dude from the future (who is most likely Travis's kid or grand kid). Vanishing Point (#7) gets killed by returning character from 2, Kimmy Howell. Now called Kimmy Love and a pop diva. Her boss battle I find definitely better here, than the 2nd game. Feels more polished and fun to fight her. Shame he had to die, but I guess they wanted to close loose end. I am sure there's going to be a couple of more bait and switch bosses before near the end of the game. On to fight Rank #6.

As far the entire line up of Grasshopper games where melee combat is the focus, I still give the slight edge to Killer Is Dead. NMH3 does make up it for it with more variety and activities you can do of course. My favorite enemy type are the dudes with the biker helmets and twin katanas. They remind me so much of the Dreamrunners minus the teleport spamming. I love Dark Stepping those guys!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I beat Rank #6, Vanishing Chair Girl....Musical ****ing chairs? Really? You have to do it three times, and failing it is insta-death. And the rhythm game only gets harder by the third time. Thankfully, you can do thing called the pause trick to make it a bit smoother. Once you beat her, she kills herself out of despair, and you have to fight her space octopus side kick. It's annoying when she constantly shouts out "Adrian!" when attacking. Thankfully, she is not hard.

I've unlocked the move that gives Travis Million Stab, and man it's a beast! I've learned that you can grab enemies from behind to do wrestling moves without being stunned, though you won't get the battery charged unlike a stunned opponent. Also, to make the grind easier and less tedious, you can sell all the materials you get in battles, side quest, and challenges. You go to Beef Head videos and sell them to Bishop. This makes meeting the quota for entry fees, so much better! I already have 46,000 UC, so when I beat the designated fights in Neo Brazil, I'll already have more than enough and some more to spare.

There is another side quest I found where planting trees gives you WEN currency. That is sooo useful. Makes upgrading Travis even easier.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, out of curiosity I checked out the demo for the latest Yoko Taro game "Voice of Cards", the one that's basically a Tabletop RPG with cards - and they really go all in on that ascetic as for example when you engage in battle a separate board floats in and hovers above the overworld complete with multiple dice and stuff on it as if the GM really just pulled it out. Speaking of, that was unusual to have no voice acting other than the Narrator/Game Master himself having to do all the dialogue as well. Anyways, the demo itself is somewhat of a small prequel campaign, following a different set of characters on a journey set a little bit before the main plot to give you the gist of the style and gameplay. The only thing that can be a little hit or miss is the character designs...you'll know what I mean if you've seen the fisherman.

Overall I really dig it and for such a reasonable price I'm going to give the full game a whirl. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Witcher 3, didnt finish it on Xbox before I sold mine and had the PC version with all DLC on Steam so started again.

Meg

Been busy replaying a lot of old favorites. Currently working on ACIV: Black Flag. Also playing NHL19 despite not knowing anything about hockey. It’s fun though!

Top Bottom