• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I finished Doom 64. Holy Hell, the Mother of Demons is so unfair, unless you upgraded The Unmaker at least once. I was able to beat her, but I lucked out by spamming all of my BFG rounds, and a quarter of my plasma rounds, with a double barrel to finish her off. Only 7.4% of people have beaten her according to PlayStation trophies. Goes to show how unfairly tough she is.

Overall, it was great going down memory lane. The last time I played this game was in 1998. Rented this a couple of times from Hollywood video and Blockbuster. With new life improvements with the modern ports, it is pointless to even track down the N64 version. Unless you're a Doom nut or collector, there is no point. If you're the former, you most likely already have it on Steam/PC or The Absolution fan port done back in the early 2010s.

Goldsickle

I wasn't expecting to enjoy Breath Of The Wild this much =0
It's a typical open-world game but it's a fun one.

This is the first Zelda game I have ever played.

• Love
Reactions: Meg

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1. My Vita crashing and corrupting my save data on my first run years ago finally got the better of my conscience.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: Noctune on the switch… Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series :LOL:

Goldsickle

Finally completed Breath Of The Wild.
I never felt sooo empty after completing a game.

The game kept giving and giving, rewarding me for every exploration or curiosity.
I always discover something any time I go to an empty location and I often solve puzzles before the official mission for it begin.

I am truly experiencing that "what do I do with my life now?" feeling.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm playing a LN called A Summer's End: Hong Kong 1984. It's a lesbian romance with very 80's Hong Kong esthetics. I don't LN. I like the idea but I rather read my stories on paper but I'm a huge advocate for the endless formats that video games are capable of being so I want to support as many different experiences that video games can provide. It's a matter of principal and I want to support such efforts. Won't know if I like it till I get through it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sifu. Quite refreshing to see a martial arts game that's not a fighting game.

So far the only thing I can't stand is the double forward motions for some moves. Goddammit, action game developers! Stop with the double forward crap! I hate it so much. And of course they gotta be some of the best moves too. The game has dodge on RT, they could have just made it RT + forward + button. I'll just have to live with the DmC PTSD I guess.

Also I wonder if the sweep could have felt more intuitive to pull off on a circle motion rather than back to forward. Although they were smart with the animation, they made it a front sweep instead of the leg coming around in a circle so the back to forward feels appropriate in terms of the visual-to-execution feeling.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I tried putting my Wii through an HDMI converter for the first time. Looks good with everything up-scaled at 1080p. The only issue is that in the Wii options, it won't let me go to 480p HD, even though I am running it through a converted. Anybody know how to correct this?

I played some Mad World after not touching the game in a long while. For Platinum's first game, it still holds up well and is the beat'em up on the Wii...ever. Sure, does not the combat depth of Bayonetta, DMC, God Hand, or even your average Dynasty Warriors game/clone, but everything feels good and controls near perfect. This is game is about the bloody spectacle, story, and the soundtrack. It's just fun building multipliers and how far you can wreck your enemies before they expire. Especially if you're sticking caution signs on a mini boss or knock them in to a wall of spikes. It's was and still fun to do crazy things like that. The camera be a wonky at times. and I agree with critics there.

You get all these cool weapons and fun bonus-mini games during the stages after getting high scores. The game encourages you to be as brutal as possible to gain new weapons, more lives, health, or unlock more death traps to knock your opponents in. The motion controls actually work the only trouble is reading vertical strikes during QTEs. Here is a hint: when doing vertical strike with the wii mote, do not turn it when doing the motion. The game will think you're doing a horizontal strike. Keep the wii mote still and completely vertically straight. You won't beleive how many gamers screwed this up.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Don't tell me you still haven't finished it in 7 years. XD

Nope still havent, I got around 3/4 of way through on Xbox but then sold my Xbox and Playstation and repurchased on PC and had to start all over again. Probably would have finished it on Xbox already if I hadnt spent around 50 hours playing Gwent in the game.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Nope still havent, I got around 3/4 of way through on Xbox but then sold my Xbox and Playstation and repurchased on PC and had to start all over again. Probably would have finished it on Xbox already if I hadnt spent around 50 hours playing Gwent in the game.
Hey, a buddy of mine just finally finished RDR1 after having started it 12 years ago lol. Heck, I still need to finish GTAV after starting it 9 years ago. I AM about to finally finish Chrono Trigger hopefully soon after having started it in January 2015 (so cool the 3DS keeps track of your first play date). So, nothing wrong w/ taking years to finish a game. Hell, i think i read the average game only gets finished by 30% of gamers anyway lol.

Anyway, as of this immediate past and upcoming week, I'm just playing Elden Ring and Heroes of the Storm. But I'll gradually start mixing back in Mega Man X5, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and Shadow Warrior 2013, all games I was playing right before Elden Ring released.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey, a buddy of mine just finally finished RDR1 after having started it 12 years ago lol. Heck, I still need to finish GTAV after starting it 9 years ago. I AM about to finally finish Chrono Trigger hopefully soon after having started it in January 2015 (so cool the 3DS keeps track of your first play date). So, nothing wrong w/ taking years to finish a game. Hell, i think i read the average game only gets finished by 30% of gamers anyway lol.

Anyway, as of this immediate past and upcoming week, I'm just playing Elden Ring and Heroes of the Storm. But I'll gradually start mixing back in Mega Man X5, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and Shadow Warrior 2013, all games I was playing right before Elden Ring released.

Im still yet to finish RDR2 also (I did finish RDR1 and GTAV however), I do have a lot of games ive started but not finished in my backlog due to time restraints though.

Top Bottom