• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Viewtiful Joe is is done and finished earlier this week! It was fun going back to a game I had not played in a long time. The final boss is tough. But once you know the strategy, he's mostly easy. That message screen at the end is still beautiful it brings a tear to your eye.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I finished House of the Dead Remake and managed to get the rank of Average Agent. Surprisingly, I got the good ending on my first try. I'll make list of the qualities make this quick.

Pros
  • HotD1 is back at at 1-to-1 recreation. MegaPixel are clearly big fans of the series and genre. They clearly have a passion for this series.
  • The visuals have a cool look and face lift that fits. It is using the Unity Engine, but to good effect.
  • The game has all of these cool bonus and alternative modes. There is 5 difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Arcade. All of them have difficulty and score modifiers too.
  • Alternate control options and different customization options for crosshair color and such.
  • You're given 10 credits to start with on a fresh playthrough. If you use all of your credits, you can sacrifice your score to continue.
  • Game is on sale for $22.50 right now. You got about 10 days before the sale ends.
Cons
  • No light gun for this game is a sin. I already an not touching the joy cons for this. I opted for my wireless turbo controller. It has the gyro sensor. A standard wireless controller w/gyro turned on, or gyro with left stick aiming is the best way and easier way to play. The only problem is even with the gyro reset and these two options, I still lose my cross hair in the mayhem at times, or goes to a side of the screen I did not ask for. It did not happen that often, but it was annoying. This makes it more harder than it should for no damage or save all the hostage runs. There are achievements for those btw.
  • Enemies can be cheap. I know it's an arcade game, but this ties in the gyro controls. There are zombies that will straight up cheap shot you, or sometimes at random take too many hits to kill. I have some zombies still attack even though I blew up their ****ing head! Once again, this makes certain challenge runs harder than they should.
  • No original soundtrack.* This is not the game nor developer's/publisher's fault, but they had to do a soundalike soundtrack that mostly works. Mainly because of music rights issues, and Mega nor Sega could get the rights, because all of those songs belong to different people or record labels now. Just something to be aware of. The music is surprisingly good, works, and is close enough.
  • It's on the Switch. The console itself is holding the game back in certain regards. This game is gonna get ported to PC and more powerful consoles at some point. The same thing happened to Panzer Dragoon Remake. The Playstation Move has proven it can handle House of the Dead games. Don't be surprised, when these games get ported.
  • The physical Switch version comes out in June. They're doing the double dip again.
Speaking rumored ports:

I thought the game was worth paying for. I do recommend the game, but if you want to wait for a better version, I do no blame you guys and gals for choosing to do so.

@berto, can this thread get pinned please? I never realized it until now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Double Dragon IV - The game knows what it wants to be: An NES style throwback that improves upon the games on that system. It's not a perfect game, but is good overall, and has some neat bonuses that will have you be coming back for more. While challenging is much more bearable in difficulty than NES games; III especially. The platforming is surprisingly fun, if basic, and is nowhere near as annoying with a few minor exception. I will say the game starts getting really good around stage 5 and after where you go to Tokyo. The levels have mostly fun or better gimmicks and locales.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I decided to alternate between AC Black Flag and Unity.

EDIT- Unity's combat is tougher than Black Flag's.

Arno can't use the whistle mechanic which is kinda funny. Maybe he can't actually whistle canonically?

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Finally dived into "Triangle Strategy".

I'm like five hours in so far and I'm loving it. For my first playthrough I'm playing Serenoa as the total paladin-esque character in the choices. Only thing I don't really care for is the ENG dub so thankfully they have the option to change it. Also I kinda suck as "Final Fantasy Tactics" is so engrained into me that I keep trying to use strategies from that game when the gameplay is different enough that I keep screwing up.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I suppose I'll just post a new update every month or when enough games get finished. Now, I'm rotating in:

- Dark Souls 3
- Resident Evil 2 (2019)
- Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Forgive Me Father
- Norco
- SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamesh
- Heroes of the Storm

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Finished Razor's Edge. Final boss sucks. I stepped down to Hero mode, so I could just finish and be done. Kasumi is now unlocked and I can use any character in Chapter Challenge Mode. It's the only way to do a NG+. To unlock the harder modes for chapter challenge, I have to do a completely new game on the harder modes.

Yeah....

Not worth the effort.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Silent Hill 3 on PCSX2. Just at first boss. Realized I should have saved more ammo for the boss and use pipe instead. Will I bother start over. I dont know. Maybe there is some ammo around I missed.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Trek to yomi , and thief deadly shadows
How is Deadly Shadows so far? I'm fairly ignorant to the series, except how well-praised the first one is, I believe.

But as a celebration of Embracer getting the rights to the franchise, I decided to bump up all 4 games (1/Gold, 2, Deadly Shadows, reboot) way higher on my backlog list. I'm really excited to start playing them. Hopefully soon (sort of deciding how to plan the next chunk of my backlog now, as I type this lol).

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
PS3 emu on Ubuntu 20.04.4. LTS. Trying to run it with minimal settings. Works in windows but linux is falling a bit short. Not so playable. At least it is starting. Running high settings even in windows is tough. I need a stronger pc to run RPCS3. It's quite heavy to run.

Clive Barker's Jericho
Clive Barker Jericho Cover.jpg
Developer(s)MercurySteam

It is this game I'm trying to run. An understated game I say. It is quite fun. Short but fun and some sci fi story thats kinda interesting. I have no other ways to go than emu since it's nowhere to be seen. It was on steam for a while but was taken down. It's probably still somehwere in some online stores for ps3 but I wanted to use mouse for the fps so pc is a bust. Besides both my ps3 just shutdown. So now I need a PS3,PS4 and PS5. Nothing I can afford now. Next on the list is a cooler for my cpu. It keeps overheating and the pc shuts down at 90 degrees celsius. Need a better pc and back to windows. Then it's roll game!

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
How is Deadly Shadows so far? I'm fairly ignorant to the series, except how well-praised the first one is, I believe.

But as a celebration of Embracer getting the rights to the franchise, I decided to bump up all 4 games (1/Gold, 2, Deadly Shadows, reboot) way higher on my backlog list. I'm really excited to start playing them. Hopefully soon (sort of deciding how to plan the next chunk of my backlog now, as I type this lol).
Thief deadly shadows is brilliant, my personal favourite in the series

Such a shame thief was sold along with deus ex and tomb raider by se

Top Bottom