• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Last game I played was the Strangers of Paradise demo and I keep forgetting to play the actual game since it’s now out :oops:

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Get it. The demo save file and achievements transfer over to the actual game.
KILL CHAOS!
I did preordered it couple weeks back. I’ve just been a neglectful noodle to actually play it lol. And I still need to finish the demo

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I did preordered it couple weeks back. I’ve just been a neglectful noodle to actually play it lol. And I still need to finish the demo
Neglect it no more, for it is actually an enjoyable game!
Plus there's co-op. We can squad up after you finish the story. Or you can do co-op WHILE you're doing the story. Even in the demo.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Dawn of the Monster (PS4) - A super fun Kaiju Brawler! The title might as well be called Pacific Eva Rim: The Game. You can either select 1 of 4 characters in each stage. Either one of the two monsters, or one of the two robots. The game has co-op and everyone plays completely differently. You have your standard light attack, heavy attack, and a dash attack. You can dodge with R2, and block with L1. Blocking at the last moment nets you a parry. The game has a perfect dodge system as well. What's a little odd is that there is no jumping, but you can juggle enemies. The X button is used for executions that give you health back when enemies are in the red.

The more you progress, moves automatically unlock when playing the next stage. You can use buildings, electrical towers, a monster's head, water towers, and even trains as weapons to bash their skulls in. Completing stage segments at S ranks nets you cool bonuses and color palettes you can buy. Health and rage attack upgrades can be bought too. Those bonuses nets you perks too, that can be used to augment your characters. These perks have 3 slots and can be changed before a fight and can be shared with all characters.

The game is partially visual novel. I'd say about 10% of the game. Don't worry, there is nothing complicated and no puzzles you have to figure out. It's mainly scenarios that flesh out either characters, story, or adds lore. They're good and well acted. Adds levity when needed, but can get serious.

I already completed Chapter 1. Four chapters total, with eight missions in each. Chapter 1 is in Canada, and Chapter 2 is in Brazil. Missions can be replayed for better score. I am glad Matt McMuscles covered this game, as I did not even know about, until seeing his video. We need more monster fighting action games of all types. Looks like they are making another big comeback. For those interested: please play this game! You will not regret it. Limited Run Games is offering physical versions, if you're interested in having a copy in your hands.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Testing out my after market Game Cube controller and tried out Viewtiful Joe 2, and Ikaruga. The controller works perfectly. I might buy another controller next week. So I can have 4 GC controllers total. I have two of my OG controllers: a silver controller and black controller. I used to have two purple controllers that came with the console, but the Analog stick stopped working on one, and the other's yellow C-Stick stopped working. I had another black one, but I broke it.

VJ2 is still a good game, but it is more of the same. The only difference being you can tag between Joe or Silvia, yet you will be using Joe 95% of the time. You will only bring out Silvia, if it's a puzzle only she can do, or certain exploit with certain bosses or mini-bosses. I do love you can level select and they tried to add some extra replay value with the 36th Chamber missions. I realized I never completed my V-Rated difficulty run, but I still have no interests. I beat the game once, and it was enough. Another problem with the game is there are more puzzles and some of them take longer or are more challenging to do. Kills the pacing slightly for a brawler. The game ends on a sequel hook, but Clover Studios got shut down after completing God Hand. The rest is history and no official 3rd game in sight. Double Trouble does not count.

The GC version of Ikaruga is still the best version ever!. You have all of these training, practice, and conquest modes that have never been done again in any SHMUP, nor ever brought back in future HD ports. Why Treasure? Why not bring back these awesome features that make the player more prepared to tackle the arcade mode. It's a tough game; easier than Radiant Silvergun, yet hard as ****.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Was on a bit of an xbox 360/ps3 era binge lately, so i have been playing

Velvet assassin, fuse, binary domain and warhammer space marine. This weekend i plan to play afro samurai and true crime streets of la.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Finished Dawn of the Monsters. A good brawler, but it does get repetitive by late game. 13 Days Studio's does annoying thing of fighting the main bosses all over again in the next to last stage. Not every brawler needs to do this! The only reason that was done back in the day was due to memory space on cartridges and arcade boards. There is no excuse for that nowadays, other than "tradition". Smaller studio, but they could have removed the boss rush entirely, and skip straight to the final boss.

Ganira, turns this game in to a joke with certain perks and her summon ability. To the point of me using her for the rest of the game. Late chapter 4, and all of chapter 5, I preferred her over Aegis Prime. Summoning a minion distracts the enemies and bosses lets you damage them with little risks and repercussions. Which sucks, because Aegis is my favorite character to use. The game also has a habit in the later stages of spawning so many enemies, that it expects you to know how to either parry or perfect dodge. I preferred dodging as parry could be finicky for me at times.

The story gets surprisingly dark with a few twists. One twist you will see coming two miles away and won't be shocked in the slightest. You will know when. The ending is not a complete downer, but the game ends on several sequel hooks. I hope the game does well enough for it to happen. The story ends with open-endedness, but they're clearly expecting to make another game down the line. I wish most modern games would do a complete story in one game, or keep the conclusion open-ended in case things don't go well. That way you ain't playing a stillborn franchise.

If they do get a sequel, 13D is going to need add more combo moves, more level variety, and new monsters or robots to control.

Aurelius

One more week left of my staycation...
Quake and Oldrim (aka OG Skyrim) on PC. Legend of Mana on PS4. These should keep me entertained for a while.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Now that I'm done w/ Elden Ring (will resist the desire to get into the dueling community), my current rotation is:

- Dark Souls
- Devil May Cry
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Ring of Pain

(Yes, those are the #1's of DMC and DS lol)

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I decided to use the Wii and play some GC games. That HDMI converter I have worked so well and makes all the games work look crisp clean at 1080p. I didn't notice any input lag either.

I popped in Crazy Taxi, and my God, I forgot how hard it is to get A & S ranks on arcade. I usually do fine on 5 or 10 minute mode, but standard arcade is tough. I don't know how to drift properly. Still a fun game and I'm glad I got it clean copy.

Viewtiful Joe I played as well, in the last time I played this game was in 2014. I did not realize it had been that long. Game still looks and plays great. With the HD lift I gave it, it looks even prettier. I played on one of my old save files just to get familiar. The game can get tough and it is fun. Something that's missing in a lot of AAA games nowadays. You can punch, kick slide kick, jump kick, dodge up and down, etc. Joe has 3 main powers: slow, Mach speed, and zoom. All are integrated well with the combat, platforming, and puzzles. I love how even though this is a 2.5D game, Joe can interact with the foreground and background depending on the power is he uses. Same applies with certain enemies and hazards. Kamiya and his team really went out on all the stops for this game. Beautiful game that has age like fine wine. I might do a playthrough on one of my save files later.

Later in the evening, I'll pop in Soul Calibur II.

Aurelius

GTA Trilogy Definitive (mostly Vice City as it’s my favorite of the trio). I’d also like to point out it isn’t as bad as critics were describing it when it first came out.

FYI, Tommy and Claude still can’t swim, and GTA3 finally has an in-game map.

Top Bottom