• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Slowly going through all the games I bought on sale from the Steam Halloween special event.

First up is "Detention", a 2D side scrolling point and click horror game made by indie developers RedCandleGames. The game is set in 1960s Taiwan under martial rule, a couple of students get stuck in their school during an unexpected typhoon (hence the title) and otherworldly things start to occur which they must survive.

First of all, the sound design in this game is excellent! The eerie noises that everything causes, from footsteps to the wind howling to the enemy noises. All accompanied by a well done OST.

A really good game that I'd definitely recommend to any fans of the genre. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Playing Fallout 4 still, the '48 hours in past two weeks' Steam timer has made me realise it's getting a little much :cautious: Probably gonna take a break from the game to instead play Persona 3 or DmC (gotta get those world record scores some day right :D)

berto

I Saw the Devil
For Halloween I was playing The Evil Within 2 on nightmare and I beat it. I kind of didn't like it. There were too many instances where it was not hard because it was hard but because it was glitchy and there was too much about it that was unfair and not in a challenging manner. After I beat it I was going to put it away and play something else but I unlocked the brass knuckles and decided I wanted to kill something with them before I put the game away and so I tried them, and I punched a woman's head off... That woman had killed me 3 times prior on my last playthrough and now she couldn't. It was actually pretty satisfying. So now I'm playing the game again, in Nightmare, with the Brass knuckles. I call it my Revenge playthrough. I've punched so many limbs off I could start a collection. At one point a dude graved me so I smacked him with a glass jar to shake him off, I said here's your glass, now have some punch! and I punched that mother****er's head off. In my defence I'd been drinking and I didn't say out loud but damn if it wasn't satisfying.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Well, f*** me.

I just lost hours of progress while attempting The Evil Within 2's Classic mode, because the game decided to die on me as I am about to complete a major objective.

If you developers want to make a "limited save" mode, then at least make sure your game never crashes or is not riddled with fatal bugs.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Forgot I owned Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars on Steam. As the 360 version is plagued with frame rate issues I thought I would give PC version a go & actually really enjoying it.

Goldsickle

More bulls*** fatal bugs in The Evil Within 2's Classic Mode.

If by any chance you can't access the workbench in Sebastian's safe room, either restart your game or just don't interact with anything in the safe room (if you're too far into your save to restart).

If you were to interact with any objects in the safe house, you will be unable to exit from it.
For example, if you interact with the wheelchair to access the lockers.
You will never be able to leave the chair. Ever.
Same thing with the notice board near Sebastian's desk.

Seriously, this "limited save" thing just doesn't work if the developers can't ensure the game being 100% bug-free.
It's by some bizarre miracle I have never got a single bug when trying out Dead Space 2's Hardcore mode.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Just Cause 2. Will probably check something new afterwards, since Sonic Forces preview seems underwhelming

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto @Goldsickle
Jesus, the way you talk about it The Evil Within 2 sounds Bethesda level of glitchy. o_O
This game is definitely more Bethesda-y than the first. The dialogue trees are definitely like their games and a lot of smaller aspects of the game lead me to believe that they had more fingers in this pie than the original.
As for glitchy, yeah, it is, but from what I’ve seen it’s far more so on PC than on council. None my glitches were game breaking so it wasn’t as intrusive for me.

Aurelius

Class builders be like, "I'm going to be this type of character or that type of character."

Myself, I'm going to be an ass... a smart ass that is!
Time to play some Fallout!

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
tumblr_oz5muofmi81rtit9so1_1280.jpg

well gotten to play mobile Lineage II called Lineage II Revolution

Top Bottom