• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just beat OniMusha 1 & 2. I've heard bad things about OniMusha 2 and I can say that I was not as pleased with it as I was with 1. Aside from the Japanese audio options the game suffers from having tank controls in a game designed not to. The fat lady boss is a perfect example. It wasn't bad but I won't be playing it again. Too frustrating the first time and it doesn't even give you the courtesy of giving you a heads up that one of the most important mechanics will only be accessible on the first quarter of the game and after you're stuck with what you had never to go back again. That is some poor design choices right there. I know it was meant to add replayability but the fact is it just made things infuriating.

I don't know when I'll get to OniMusha 3, I got work and school but I'll hit it up one of these days. I do remember liking that game quite a bit.

Aurelius

Well Fallout didn't last long!

Spent my weekend playing some old school Resident Evil. Decided to try my hand at my least favorite, Zero. Not gonna lie, I've played the game several times but have only beat it once using a trainer (cheat device). Definitely not the biggest fan of having to control both protagonists throughout the game as it feels like I'm constantly having to babysit the other character. I also find the item drop system to be quite the nuisance. Yes, I understand the game was trying to aim for a more realistic survival approach but... come one! It just adds to the backtracking! Despite the peeves that I may have with the game, Zero still is a pretty wicked entry.

*SPOILER ALERT*
".... Did I mention you can unlock Albert Wesker as a playable character upon completing the game! He even comes complete with fancy super powers that he doesn't get until way later into the franchise's story. I blame Capcom for the immersion breaker but playing as Wesker has always been a good time nonetheless."

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
23593650_1862306413809602_5779980345851384374_o.jpg

well im back and playing OW

berto

I Saw the Devil
Horizon Zero Dawn. Got it from Black Friday for$20 and I’m kind of glad I didn’t pay more for it. Not because it’s a bad game, it’s not. I just feel like open world games are oversaturating the market and as fun as they are and impressive to see they’re becoming a dime a dozen. Still, the game is a lot of fun and the story is more interesting than I thought it was going to be so I’m really enjoying it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, so after playing a few more hours of Horizon Zero Dawn I have to retract part of my previous statement. It isn’t open world games that have flustered it’s open world games with bow and arrows. I realised that all the plant gathering and animal hunting, crafting arrows, stealth missions, clearing out compounds, and random animal attacks are what I am loosing my patience with because I’ve done it so many times before in Tomb Raider 1 & 2 and, even if they have no bows and arrows, any other open world games that just more of this. It’s the factory line of game mechanics and ideas that I am just tired of. The game certainly has me interested but the repetition is really making me loose patience.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, that is until I completed all the Achievements... Come on DLC #6! :eek:

Sonic Forces because I like Infinite. Don't judge me. :bored:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, man so many memories. :thumbsup: But the audio is still terrible and I can't hear the characters! :eek: Also the camera control during the Treasure Hunting stages is vomit inducing. :vomit:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just Platinumed Horizon Zero Dawn. I actually didn't want to, it sort of just happened. I was playing the game and by the time I beat it I realized I only had 1 easy trophy left to complete the game so I did it in like 15 minutes. This game was long.

I like it but the Latin American dub definitely needs some work. They translate things way too exact too often. Sometimes they do so and while I'm sure it's grammatically correct I just sit there and think to myself '¿Que p***s estan diciendo? They do this a lot with English to Spanish dubs and I hate it, specially when they so such great work with Japanese to Spanish dubs.

Anyway, done with Horizon. I have 0 interest in the DLC so I'll be moving along to Okami.

Edit:
Weird fact. If you played Okami on the PS3 and then got it again on the PS4 the game will basically give over the trophies to the PS4 version. I put the game in to install it for later play but while I was installing I noticed that the trophy count was at 98%. Weird. All other PS3 to 4 ports came with their own trophies, not just let you have the old ones. I was actually looking forward to getting the trophies again and actually getting the pics that came with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom