• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Pssst... Hey... Neverwinter Nights...

I definitely plan on looking into it when I next have money...which probably won't be for another couple weeks. OTL Presents are too expensive....

Please refer to my post above.

tumblr_o3aex1hyAN1ttma2yo1_250.gif

Aurelius

I got Agents of Mayhem for Christmas. Pretty fun game actually! It is set in the same universe as the Saints Row series, and includes several plot and character crossovers.

- Persephone Brimstone (despite not making an appearance in the original Saints Row story, Brimstone appears in the ending cutscene of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 's Retcon ending.)
- Johnny Gat
- Pierce Washington (now known as Kingpin)
- Oleg Kirlov (now known as Yeti)
- Kinzie Kensington (now known as Safeword)

Side note: Kinzie and Gat are DLC characters only.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Platinumed Gravity Rush 2 on Christmas. Lucky 13. I only had 2 easy trophies left that I just happened to not have gotten on my first playthrough. Taking a break from games to get some work done before the year's end.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Spec Ops the Line. I’ve heard nothing but good things and while the presentation is so by the numbers, the story, the characters, the dialogue, gameplay and even the camera work all just scream stock video game it still a pretty strong game with a surprisingly impactful narrative.

Edit:
Beat if. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. Kinda of a pain in the ass, actually. The story was ok but honestly nothing worth writing about. Played it, beat it, glad I did.
Even with the whole Tyler Durden ending I had an Ok time.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
I played the demo and my interest dropped immediately after realizing I had been playing a walking and talking simulator half the time.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Telltale Batman.
How in the hell do you exit out of the results screen after every episode? I’ve pushed every button on the controller but it does nothing.
Other than that major oversight the story is good. I’m probably only going to play it once but it seems like a fun ride.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
ELEX, by the dudes who made the Risen and Gothic games if you're familiar with them. So far the combat has been a bit weird, but the game has voice acting ranging from good at worst to excellent at best, the game world and the NPCs look great, soundtrack is really good, story and quests seem solid...

The game certainly isn't for everyone because you have to make some compromises to make it really work, but so far I'm really enjoying it and as a role-playing snob who loves really long RPGs, I'm excited to see what I'm still going to see in the game.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"If a paper plane could whisk my dreams away from here..."
det_1.png

So I managed to knock another game off my massive Steam backlog. This time it was "Detention" - a Taiwanese indie horror game. The basic premise is that two students got stuck in school due to a typhoon and as the sun sets some eldritch shenanigans start happening. Really good use of sound design, both the music and the general noises are well timed to unsettle and the game really doesn't lean on jump-scares. The other thing is that it isn't just a typical horror story since as you progress, you slowly discover the school's sordid history and a heartrending tragedy that unfolded during Taiwan's "White Terror" period. It almost made me cry at the end...almost.

Definitely recommended. :thumbsup:

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
The games I've been playing over the last few months are; Fifa 18, Star Wars Battlefront II, Knack 2, Tekken 7, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, AC:Origins & Sonic Forces.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix from the... Sigh... "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Collection" on PS4. I'm playing every game in storyline order so that means I should lose my sanity very fu@kin' soon! That KH 2.8 Prologue Final Chapter game is going to be sitting on my desk for a long time...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Playing "Digimon: Hacker's Memory" a kinda-sequel to "Cyber Sleuth" which came out last year.

Basically, you're a newbie hacker diving into Cyberspace looking for the guy who stole your identity. Along the way you battle other hackers using programs called Digital Monsters or "Digimon" for short. Eventually you uncover a dark conspiracy threatening both the real and virtual world etc etc.

Really good game. I highly recommend the series to anyone looking for a good sci-fi JRPG. :thumbsup:
Though do start with Cyber Sleuth.

Top Bottom