• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I played this quite a bit back on the 360, but I've never finished it, plus I think its worth a shot for the platinum.

Its insane how this game is considered dated now. I remember how absolutely groundbreaking this game was when it first came out. And yeah, it shows sadly. Its fascinating and frightning because its gonna happen to the games we have now.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I played this quite a bit back on the 360, but I've never finished it, plus I think its worth a shot for the platinum.

Its insane how this game is considered dated now. I remember how absolutely groundbreaking this game was when it first came out. And yeah, it shows sadly. Its fascinating and frightning because its gonna happen to the games we have now.
The dated aspects of the game really come from the graphics engine it ended up using. You have to remember that Eidos was working on this game before it was acquired by Square Enix, as early as 2007 in fact, so any fancy rendering or high-budget graphical fidelity was saved for its sequel. Things like physics and AI ended up being affected by the engine's age, too.

But even with those shortcomings, it's still my favorite game of the 7th gen. Nothing comes close to the freedom and agency this game allowed, and still allows, for the player. And that's what Deus Ex should always be about.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sonic Mania because it boots up fast, requires no thought and has pretty colors. I am not mocking Sonic Mania rather it is just easy to pick up and play where as the Last Guardian requires thought and dedicated time. I'm a average joe, I want "blast processing power" and easy, mindless fun. I'll finish The Last Guardian one day.

Meg

Gran Turismo Sport! :thumbsup:

Also been playing NBA Live 18 and started a new campaign in Wolfenstein: The New Order to go through the other timeline.

WolfOD64

So, I beat Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Mix today.

Overall, despite this game really, REALLY showing its age in places (mostly to do with level design and horrendous difficulty spikes later in the game), and the fact that I typically don't really go for these Square Enix JRPG's...this game, I liked.

There were a lot of moments in the story where I got invested, and the amount of Disney fanservice here is drool-worthy. Fighting Maleficent in Dragon Form, flying with Peter Pan around Big Ben at night...there's so many moments where I stopped mid-game just to appreciate the pangs of nostalgia I was getting. Now, granted: I still have next to NO idea about what's happening in terms of this whole "LIGHT AND DARKNESS TRUE HEART DOOR OF LIGHT 11!!!11!!" deal with the plot is, but my hope is that I get some answers with the sequels. Key word here being "hope."

Can't wait to play 2.5.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

Overall, despite this game really, REALLY showing its age in places (mostly to do with level design and horrendous difficulty spikes later in the game), and the fact that I typically don't really go for these Square Enix JRPG's...this game, I liked.

There were a lot of moments in the story where I got invested, and the amount of Disney fanservice here is drool-worthy. Fighting Maleficent in Dragon Form, flying with Peter Pan around Big Ben at night...there's so many moments where I stopped mid-game just to appreciate the pangs of nostalgia I was getting. Now, granted: I still have next to NO idea about what's happening in terms of this whole "LIGHT AND DARKNESS TRUE HEART DOOR OF LIGHT 11!!!11!!" deal with the plot is, but my hope is that I get some answers with the sequels. Key word here being "hope."

Can't wait to play 2.5.
Strap in friend, cause after the first game the franchise really starts to get lore heavy with the OC characters. I can totally understand if you get frustrated with Chain of Memories, but bear with it as KH2 has the best gameplay and story of the franchise imo.

Also, Riku is bae and the greatest bro ever. <3

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief

Can't wait to play 2.5.
Story isnt too bad at least until Dream Drops. After that things just got way too messy. Also "DARKNESS" is said even more so in the coming games.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Story isnt too bad at least until Dream Drops. After that things just got way too messy. Also "DARKNESS" is said even more so in the coming games.
Indeed. The lore was already complex, but then DDD unnecessarily throws
Time Travel
into the mix.

Needless to say, it's gotten hard to keep up with - especially with the whole Union X backstory stuff. :dead:

WolfOD64

Strap in friend, cause after the first game the franchise really starts to get lore heavy with the OC characters. I can totally understand if you get frustrated with Chain of Memories, but bear with it as KH2 has the best gameplay and story of the franchise imo.

Also, Riku is bae and the greatest bro ever. <3
Honestly, I welcome the unveiling of new lore and story elements, because I kinda feel this first game lacked that in spades. I have a really agonizing history with the latter-day Final Fantasy games for dumping way too much at too fast a pace, coupled with drunken attempts at terminology like "Time Kompression" and "Pulse Fal'cie", and expecting you to know what in blue hell is happening.

Kingdom Hearts, so far at least, has the opposite problem. The story is really quite simple and easy to grasp, but that's only because they tell you so little. But they dump you into these large, sprawling surrealist landscapes and have these uber-dramatic cutscenes, there's not enough knowledge about the world of the game to have any grasp on what's happening...outside of frustratingly-vague things like: "The Door is Open!" and "You are the One Who can Open The Door To The Light", without ever specifying what any of that even means.

As for Riku, well...he just reminds me of Griffith from Berserk, so he kind of makes my gag reflex activate just by appearing in cutscenes. Maybe that'll change as the series goes on, though. :p

Indeed. The lore was already complex, but then DDD unnecessarily throws
Time Travel
into the mix.

Needless to say, it's gotten hard to keep up with - especially with the whole Union X backstory stuff. :dead:
SERIOUSLY, you can turn it into a suicidal drinking game trying to count the utterances of the word "Darkness", or ****, "DOOR."

"Door to Darkness, Door to Light, The Heart is the Door to the Light of the Door to the Heart of the..."
ENOUGH. Seriously, at that point, I think I'd prefer some kind of Final Fantasy-esque Terminology, just to add some word variety.

Also, traversing time...I'm terrified how that'll be implemented in the plot.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Playing through Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

I randomly found this game today cleaning the room and I remembered that way back when I first got it, I didn't have a PC powerful enough to run it. Years later, I finally decided to try it out (I remember it was a big deal in its days) and my God, what did I miss on.

It's a first person action game with RPG elements, kinda like Shadow of Mordor, it's got a great combat system, with directional inputs, different weapons that have different properties, use of the environment, quick switching between weapons and/or spells, stealth, multiple approaches level design a la Deus Ex, and something I've never seen done in any other game: an actual smithing system. You know how in pretty much every game with crafting, it all comes down to selecting the components, pressing a button and voilà? Here, you gotta actually follow the smithing technique at a forge. Put a metal ingot in a smelter, melt it, put the molten metal into a mold, cool it down, put the blade onto the fire, hammer it, make the hilt. It's so brilliant yet so simple, and makes crafting a sword way more satisfying, at least for me.

What a gem.

darkmessiahelements_1a.jpg

Dark_Messiah_of_Might_and_Magic.jpg

dark_messiah_of_might__magic_38.jpg

dark-messiah-of-might-and-magic-9.jpg

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Playing a lot of Fallout 4 currently, I like the game a lot even with the issues it has. It's just so much fun to play and I feel like it has a nice balance between the bleakness of a post-apocalyptic world and the hopefulness that places like Diamond City bring to the world.

Skagewid

In the vain attempt to finish the League of Legends' season well, i installed South Park the fractured but whole.

Goldsickle

I'm in the middle of attempting a Classic Mode run for The Evil Within 2.

One thing I notice about other people's attempts is that they always either avoid optional items way too much or focus on running away too much.
I try to get as many items as I can and go for complete elimination whenever possible, so that the area is safer and I get a better peace of mind.

My first save is right before the Watcher encounter, in Chapter 6.

Top Bottom