• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Virgil used pistols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yup. People get confused because in Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy from which DMC took some names for its characters, there is a person (which led Dante Alighieri in hell, kinda like Dante's brother) named Virgil. But in the DMC universe, its Vergil for everyone as DA stated.

After all, even in the japanese version of DMC games, the characters still speak english with the voices we know;)

Sparda™

^ That person is called Virgil, and Dante Aligheri used his figure, a pagan one, being one of the best Roman poets of his time - which took inspiration from the famous Greek poet Homer - to lead him into the Hell Gates, and then, into the Circles of Hell itself.

Some free news for you, folks! :p...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dante Aseroth;121955 said:
^ That person is called Virgil, and Dante Aligheri used his figure, a pagan one, being one of the best Roman poets of his time - which took inspiration from the famous Greek poet Homer - to lead him into the Hell Gates, and then, into the Circles of Hell itself.

Some free news for you, folks! :p...

I already know this. I've read the Divine Comedy 5 times, read some encyclopedic book on Dante Aligheri at school, and I wrote a 8 page essay on Dante Aligheri. Tell me something I dont know.

Zato-OW

King
I'm not sure if this is correct but didn't he replace his gun(for obvious reasons) with Summoned Swords which he gained though studying in the highest level of black magic?

Evil Nero

If it didn't appear in a cutscene, it didn't happen =]

or if DMC creators gave the proof then I guess it did.

Zato-OW

King
Well I remember reading that after Eva died Vergil became very interested in Demonic power and obtaining it. So he studied demonic scriptures and books(There is alot of proof of him studying demonic relations and spells). I'm pretty sure this is how he came across his ability to use his demonic powers to produce Summoned Swords. Like how Arkham used it transform into a demon.

Sparda™

Esura;121998 said:
I already know this. I've read the Divine Comedy 5 times, read some encyclopedic book on Dante Aligheri at school, and I wrote a 8 page essay on Dante Aligheri. Tell me something I dont know.

And?! I've read the Divine Comedy in 5 different languages.

Zato-OW;122008 said:
Well I remember reading that after Eva died Vergil became very interested in Demonic power and obtaining it. So he studied demonic scriptures and books(There is alot of proof of him studying demonic relations and spells). I'm pretty sure this is how he came across his ability to use his demonic powers to produce Summoned Swords. Like how Arkham used it transform into a demon.

His Summoned Swords look like magical copies of the Force Edge, maybe for the reason that he wanted Sparda's power.

But getting to the topic, I think those can be considered as some kind of 'pistols', and they are way more 'cheap' than guns.

Zato-OW

King
When compared to guns yeah its cheap but anybody can use a gun. But a few to none can create summoned swords from will power in the dmc universe. Even though Vergil is the only one seen who used them well and the DB it must take a good amount of energy and concentration to produce them. But I find it odd that he never used the move during any of the cut scenes.

Sparda™

^ A lot of moves are not shown in cut-scenes. Doesn't mean they aren't. Or moves that appear in cut-scenes, doesn't mean they are in the move-sets of the game.

Zato-OW

King
Uh ok? I was just pointing out that they never shown him using the move during a cut scene and that's all, nothing more.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;122424 said:
Uh ok? I was just pointing out that they never shown him using the move during a cut scene and that's all, nothing more.

Take It easy...:lol:

I was just clearing up something I noticed too...:p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nope, it wasn't even in the novels. In any DMC-thing Dante is the only one to ever have used Ebony & Ivory with the exception of the DMC3 cut-scene when both twins shoot Arkham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom