• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Virgil used pistols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Nero

I was playing DMC3 and i stumbled accross the scene with Dante and Virgil using the famous catchphrase "Jackpot".

If you think about it , the way he held the the pistol isn't something a person , who thinks pistol's are a human weapon , would normally hold one.

Plus , he must have learnt somewhere how to shoot the blue energy out of Dante's pistol.

I think there was a time before Virgil went to the demon world where Dante and Virgil both used firearms and worked as a team.

I'm not saying it happened , i'm saying its a possibility.

Sparda™

Of course Vergil used firearms. The time between Eva's death and Vergil's corruption from darkness is the time both twins worked as a team.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Are u serious?, everyone knows this... They use to work together, and Vergil used Ivory, and Dante used Ebony *that's why he gives him Ivory* :lol:

Sparda™

The novels are NOT canonical to the storyline of Devil May Cry, as they contradict new materials, such as Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.

ManOfMayhem

LOD is completely correct. There is a novel. Vergil used firearms in a period of time and learnt how to handle them. Ebony-Ivory teamwork from Dante-Vergil.

Keaton

Premium
^but as Dante said they cannot always be taken into concideration since they often contradict the current game story.

Many times it is a fan who writes the stories, an informed fan.
But because this person doesn't work directly with Capcom or the DMC plot crew there is no real evidence beyond its pages to suggest that it is actually a part of the series.

But, Virgil would've used guns at somepoint...but the Summoned Swords are his firearm, and they are alot cooler :D

Sparda™

It's not like they contradict a little. Capcom has announced that the Manga and the Anime are the only outside the game stories canonically related to the main storyline.

DarkDoodz

huh, no wonder their almost equaly matched when they fight at the top of the tower.
I]

Kodanshi

R·O·C·K·S·T·A·R
Firstly, it’s Vergil (not Virgil), and secondly Vergil detests the use of firearms and even mocks Dante for it. During the Blobkham killing scene he says to Dante he’ll try it Dante’s way for once. Like Dante he has the ability to channel his demonic power into energy, hence why he could produce that Jackpot bullet.

Sparda™

Kodanshi;112368 said:
Firstly, it’s Vergil (not Virgil), and secondly Vergil detests the use of firearms and even mocks Dante for it. During the Blobkham killing scene he says to Dante he’ll try it Dante’s way for once. Like Dante he has the ability to channel his demonic power into energy, hence why he could produce that Jackpot bullet.

Vergil has used firearms.

Ryuuji

Dark slayer
Kodanshi;112368 said:

your right just becase vergil saied (remember what we uesed to say) that doesn't mean he tried the guns maybe he and dante saied jackpot about another move
(maybe)

Sparda™

Ryuuji;114121 said:
your right just becase vergil saied (remember what we uesed to say) that doesn't mean he tried the guns maybe he and dante saied jackpot about another move
(maybe)

Read the Manga, It's there...He used firearms.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
First of all even without the Manga/Novel/Whatever we can assume that Vergil probably has used Firearms. Remember that he doesn't view them as a true weapon? To create that opinion he must have used them and saw for himself that according to him they are kinda lame. And yes I have to agree that Summoned Swords are way cooler and more suited for him.

The phrase "Remember what we used to say" is not any kind of proof. Dante in all the games (except DMC4) and in the Anime as well (even in the novels) says Jackpot when he delivers the final blow to a worthy enemy. Probably they did that together when they were kids or something(saying Jackpot in some kinds of important situations - important for kids maybe - )but that is not proof that he used firearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom