• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil vs Sephiroth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Phantarch! I've seen radical arguments such as yours, which truly don't stand at all with Vergil. We're just assuming what Vergil would be like. It's just hypothetical. Never happened.

Sephiroth?! Everybody knows what he's capable of and all know not to get on his bad side. He is mad powerful, and not psychologically mad, just as calm as a monk, just as lunatic as the most black heart being on existence.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;119229 said:
Phantarch! I've seen radical arguments such as yours, which truly don't stand at all with Vergil. We're just assuming what Vergil would be like. It's just hypothetical. Never happened.

Sephiroth?! Everybody knows what he's capable of and all know not to get on his bad side. He is mad powerful, and not psychologically mad, just as calm as a monk, just as lunatic as the most black heart being on existence.

If it happened to Dante then what would stop it happening to Vergil, given similar circumstances.
Either way, you've only seen Sephiroth go against foes which are mediocre at best. True, he was only using a small portion of his power but Vergil could deal with foes such as those before anyone could bat an eyelid.
As regards speculation, all of this thread is speculative. We have been saying what if this, what if that...etc. So accusing me of being hypoTHETICAL maybe true but it's also definitely hypoCRITICAL on your part. As I've said before, we haven't really seen what either of them are capable of maxed out so this thread is probably going to end inconclusively. Though I argue Vergil, that was on account of his swordsmanship as I knew with potential power discussions, this was going to happen. We know that MOST people who **** off Sephiroth die as MOST people/ demons who **** off Vergil die. Therefore how can you argue in that manner and say that you are not being speculative. It is completely absurd and you must realise this.

Sparda™

It has been proven to GameFAQS, a multi-gaming forum, that Sephiroth is ultimately, undoubtedly, the king, the man, the God, the ultimate destroyer of life on Earth - Vergil, Dante, Sparda - whoever is in front of him, will just die.

Character of the Year...And these are not speculations my friend. These are facts.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;119244 said:
It has been proven to GameFAQS, a multi-gaming forum, that Sephiroth is ultimately, undoubtedly, the king, the man, the God, the ultimate destroyer of life on Earth - Vergil, Dante, Sparda - whoever is in front of him, will just die.

Character of the Year...And these are not speculations my friend. These are facts.

^That's a popularity contest! Besides, what incentive would any of the protagonists have to destroy all life on earth?

Sparda™

The Phantarch;119252 said:
^That's a popularity contest! Besides, what incentive would any of the protagonists have to destroy all life on earth?

Sephiroth would live without the Earth. In fact, he planed to use It as a vessel, travelling through space in search of a new planet. Not Earth, actually, but a planet with life.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Thanks, but I was talking about the DMC protagonists. As they've saved it so many times, it would have been a wasted effort if they just thought 'sod it' and destroyed it which I don't think would be beyond their power especially if all 3 are together.

I know Sephiroth's story.

Sparda™

The DMC characters have nothing to with what I said, except that they will die in Sephiroth's way, nothing else. But he's the Ultimate Destroyer of Life on Gaia, at least! :p

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;119244 said:

I don't know a thing about Sephiroth; but GameFAQ's have silly fan-based contests over who likes who. It's only a forum and no fact.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Hasn't it strook you though that he never seems to be as quick with his blade as Vergil. That kind of foils his chances against all three of them Dante, Vergil and Sparda. Don't go saying, 'Sephiroth could destroy them by snapping his fingers' or anything like that because I'm fairly sure that the skills and power of Sparda alone are at least comparable.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
The Phantarch;119258 said:
Hasn't it strook you though that he never seems to be as quick with his blade as Vergil. That kind of foils his chances against all three of them Dante, Vergil and Sparda. Don't go saying, 'Sephiroth could destroy them by snapping his fingers' or anything like that because I'm fairly sure that the skills and power of Sparda alone are at least comparable.

^No way. Sephiroth is just as fast, if not faster.^_^

We are talking about someone who is capable of destroying the earth! His power is incredible.:D

What has Vergil done? He fought Dante, that is it. And he lost.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Black Angel;119262 said:
^No way. Sephiroth is just as fast, if not faster.^_^

We are talking about someone who is capable of destroying the earth! His power is incredible.:D

What has Vergil done? He fought Dante, that is it. And he lost.

No, with a blade Vergil can't be so much as seen. Sephiroth is not that fast. He's fast but his blade is still visible.

Sparda, Dante and Vergil... None of them are exactly pushovers.

Vergil has also won the first fight in DMCs 1 and in DMC3. He brutally decapitated Beowulf, Saved Dante and helped him destroy Arkham, fully imbued with the power of Sparda.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
The Phantarch;119263 said:
No, with a blade Vergil can't be so much as seen. Sephiroth is not that fast. He's fast but his blade is still visible.

Sparda, Dante and Vergil... None of them are exactly pushovers.

Vergil has also won the first fight in DMCs 1 and in DMC3. He brutally decapitated Beowulf, Saved Dante and helped him destroy Arkham, fully imbued with the power of Sparda.

^Not true again.

Sephiroth can alter his form(become huge and stuff),disappear, teleport, and is a master of magic.

And when Vergil beat Dante in DMC it was because Dante had not yet awakened. And even then Dante was a challenge!

Dante isn't super fast like Vergil and he still owned him.

Sephiroth would win.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Black Angel;119265 said:
^Not true again.

Sephiroth can alter his form(become huge and stuff),disappear, teleport, and is a master of magic.

And when Vergil beat Dante in DMC it was because Dante had not yet awakened. And even then Dante was a challenge!

Dante isn't super fast like Vergil and he still owned him.

Sephiroth would win.
Vergil can also disappear, teleport, and all that jazz, just on a higher level.

It is foolish to think, let alone believe that he could take Dante and Vergil+Sparda at the same time. If thats the case then your saying that he is stronger the Mundus, and if I'm correct Mundus is Satan. If they can take down a entity not bound by this realm, then they can take down a physical being A.K.A an alien.

Sparda™

Sephiroth maybe can't fight against three adversaries such as Dante, Vergil and Sparda, but If he was to confront them one by one, he'd definitely have the upper hand.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i agree...............weak when he would fight all 3 at once but not when he fights them one by one

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
This debate is still goin' on!
I thought it has been decided that Sephiroth is pwniful over Vergil. The only person who could truly destroy Sephiroth without Holy is Goku from DBZ, but I'll save that topic for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom