• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil vs Sephiroth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
What is up with all these Vergil vs threads!?
Once again, a complete mismatch. Vergil CANNOT.......UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES......beat Sephiroth, a being who almost DESTROYED A PLANET. And lets not forget that Masamune is way better than Yamato.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dark Esura;118875 said:
What is up with all these Vergil vs threads!?
Once again, a complete mismatch. Vergil CANNOT.......UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES......beat Sephiroth, a being who almost DESTROYED A PLANET. And lets not forget that Masamune is way better than Yamato.

But once again, look at the team who stopped Sephiroth, they were far from extraordinary. Cloud strife, for god's sake!o_O

Anyway, wasn't the masamune a man-made blade anyway. Yes it was, after it's forger called (guess who) Masamune. Howverver Yamato is a demon forged blade that can cut through a lot of things that even the best of man made blades cannot.
Also they're both invincible to current knowledge, so this is stupid.

Sparda™

Sephiroth would kill off the whole cast of Devil May Cry, even though Sparda and his sons would be the only one which he'd encounter difficulties in eliminating.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I gotta say Vergil.

I love Sephiroth, he's very man-licous, but again I must digress.

Sephiroth is a physically enhanced human and his sword is made by man. As far from what I've seen the power that is flowing through Yamato's blade can cause a humans limb to explode from the energy that flows through the blade.

Sephiroth is dead by the way. He is nothing more then a figment of clouds memories.

Sephiroth wouldn't stand a chance in hell against the sons of Sparda and the Dark Knight himself.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I don't think he'd kill off the whole cast. I mean if you look at the latest (chronological) Dante, he hasn't been so much as scratched even by Argosax who (in spite of being ridiculously easy) was a demon overlord. I reckon that it would be like when an unstoppable meets an unmovable object. We have seen Dante pierced by swords more times than anyone else in videogaming history and he always comes out better off.

Vergil (provided he's still alive) will probably be about as strong as Dante. That is a force not to be taken lightly, fully equipped with Force Edge, Yamato and Beowulf (all high level demonic weapons). I think the winner becomes quite evident.

Sparda™

I appreciate your opinions, guys, but you seriously need to see beyond Devil May Cry.

Sephiroth is just mad powerful for anyone of the Devil May Cry cast to confront. There's no demon/human complex with Final Fantasy such as in the demon-slaying saga.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;118953 said:
I appreciate your opinions, guys, but you seriously need to see beyond Devil May Cry.

Sephiroth is just mad powerful for anyone of the Devil May Cry cast to confront. There's no demon/human complex with Final Fantasy such as in the demon-slaying saga.

Vergil is also mad powerful (and just plain mad as well, just like old Sephi). However, Vergil is faster, I've seen both fight. Sephiroth is quick but Vergil is something else. In the time that sephi completes one swipe, Vergil would have cut him into 5 pieces.

Sparda™

This is pretty unfair.

I mean, in one hand, there's Sephiroth. Now, I don't know what else to say about him. His name tells everything.

In the other hand, we have Vergil.

Now, one's power almost destroyed a planet. The others is just so little.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;118956 said:
This is pretty unfair.

I mean, in one hand, there's Sephiroth. Now, I don't know what else to say about him. His name tells everything.

In the other hand, we have Vergil.

Now, one's power almost destroyed a planet. The others is just so little.

Seeing as Vergil can easily dispatch high level demonic gatekeepers (as he displayed against Beowulf), It's pretty insulting to call his power little. On top of the I will say, yet again, that he was stopped in FF7 by a group that are overall very mediocre. Besides, almost is the operative word, his power did not destroy the planet. This is not to mention that Sephiroth seemed to always be mad in the fights whilst as Vergil, in his normal stoicable form, is quite calm which would give him a noticable advantage. Besides, given that Yamato can cut virtually anything cleanly in half, what makes planet Earth immune to its power? Nothing. In the right hands Yamato could do anything (as we pretty much saw in DMC4). I know what you're going to say: A big block of rock and a whole planet are two completely different entities but that's basically what the planet is, a big clump of rock and moten metal. Water populates 70% of it's surface but if natural solids can't stop Yamato, I'm guessing neither can natural liquids or gases. I say natural because, as we've seen, demonic swords can stop it (like rebellion).

Sparda™

If It wouldn't have been for the intervention of the power Holy, Meteor would have destroyed the Planet. Every evil has a bright side which opposes It, so yeah, Cloud Strife has defeated him.

The point is, Devil May Cry is all about stylish ways of killing. Final Fantasy is more deep, more colorful than just that.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Gah, I'm not sure who to go with here, I love them both, Sephiroth is mad, sadistic and twisted, Vergil is just plain mad, both are exceedingly powerful beings...

It's hard to say really, Vergil in DMC 3 would have had NO chance against Sephiroth, for starters, his powers are too underdeveloped, maybe in his oldest incarnation he could take down Sephiroth, but we have yet to see the real power that Vergil has, so...Even that's hard to say, but we're going with the fact that he's equal to Dante , in which case, he's going to be pretty damn powerful.

So, Sephiroth, as Dante has been saying, almost destroyed the planet, ALMOST, and the fact is, he wouldn't have done if he didn't get his hands on the Meteor Materia, sure, if it wasn't for the intervention of Holy, he'd have done it, but it still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't his own physical powers that did it, rather, the powers of one Materia.

On another note though, in Advent Children, Sephiroth was IMMENSELY powerful, but, as Hironobu Sakaguchi has previously stated, Sephiroth wasn't even at a fraction of his power while fighting Cloud, and those of us who have seen Advent Children, saw what Sephiroth could do at that power...And even then, you've got to take his Safer Sephiroth god like form into account, IF he could pull that off again, then there's very little stopping him.

I think eventually, coming down to sheer power, sure, Vergil may have the moves and the skills, but Sephiroth's got more than enough power, as was stated before, he wasn't even at a small percentage of his power in Advent Children.

Keaton

Premium
IMO, if a group of humans (or atleast not-superhuman) people can defeat Seph, then a Devil like Virgil wouldn't have much trouble.

In Crisis Core a human, Zack defeated Seph, Cloud also managed to land a deadly strike before he was Mako infused.

Then in VII the group defeated him...stating that he would kill off the entire DMC cast is a bit of an exaggeration...Dante and Virgil aren't idiots, they fight seriously when they need to fight seriously and Seph wouldn't stand much of a chance...Earth Destorying Powers' or not.

As for beating Sparda...meh, if Virgil and Dante can take him down in my eyes...then he is little more of a challenge for the LDK.

Intresting discussion :)

EDIT: AS Angelo stated, it wasn't Seph's own power that threatened the Earth...it was Materia, although its power is determined by S's power that doesn't mean it is a clear representation of it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The thing is though, at the stage where Zack fought Sephiroth, his power was nothing compared to that in Advent Children, and even then, in AC Sephiroth wasn't even using a tiny fraction of his power, it's been stated many times by Hironobu Sakaguchi and the rest of the Final Fantasy cast that even during Advent Children, Sephiroth held back against Cloud greatly.

Given his destructive show of force in Advent Children, I think it's pretty safe to say that if Sephiroth pulled out the full extent of his abilities and didn't hold back on Vergil, our much loved Devil May Cry villan would bite the dust pretty sharpish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom