• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil vs Sephiroth

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It's pretty hard to say at this point because we haven't really witnessed them at their pinnacle of power.

Also, if I may comment, Vergil doesn't try to make his techniques stylish, it just looks that way because he is so damn fast. Ripped out of their respective arenas I'd definitely say Vergil because, as was previously pointed out, it was not Sephiroth's power itelf that posed the threat. Dante is the one who is overly deliberate on the stylish delivery of his actions. Vergil just looks for an opening and exploits it very quickly. DMC3 Vergil may not have stood a chance but if (which he probably will) returns to the series, he will be a force to be reckoned with. Even for Sephiroth.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Technically, Sephiroth isnt human. Prior to FFVII and Crisis Core, his father Hojo injected cells of the alien planet destroyer Jenova into Sephiroth while still in the womb of Lucrecia, making Sephiroth NOT human, or at least partially human, just for FYI.

But even without the Black Materia to call on Meteor, Sephiroth can do alot. He can fly, he has bizzare strength, bizzare speed, bizzare invulnerability and has multiple forms such as Bizzaro Sephiroth and Safer Sephiroth. He can also teleport and invoke illusions and cause a supernova.

Also Cloud and the gang won off a fluke. If it werent for Aerith's White Materia partially invoking Holy, Cloud and the gang would have been screwed.

I agree with DA (we finally agree on something), Sephiroth would murder the entire cast of DMC. On Advent Children, Sephiroth destroyed that WHOLE area him and Cloud was fighting in. He caused the sky to go black and lightning to fall, with only a small percent of his power. I should know, I watched AC 28 times.

Sparda™

Dark Esura;119003 said:
Technically, Sephiroth isnt human. Prior to FFVII and Crisis Core, his father Hojo injected cells of the alien planet destroyer Jenova into Sephiroth while still in the womb of Lucrecia, making Sephiroth NOT human, or at least partially human, just for FYI.

But even without the Black Materia to call on Meteor, Sephiroth can do alot. He can fly, he has bizzare strength, bizzare speed, bizzare invulnerability and has multiple forms such as Bizzaro Sephiroth and Safer Sephiroth. He can also teleport and invoke illusions and cause a supernova.

Also Cloud and the gang won off a fluke. If it werent for Aerith's White Materia partially invoking Holy, Cloud and the gang would have been screwed.

I agree with DA (we finally agree on something), Sephiroth would murder the entire cast of DMC. On Advent Children, Sephiroth destroyed that WHOLE area him and Cloud was fighting in. He caused the sky to go black and lightning to fall, with only a small percent of his power. I should know, I watched AC 28 times.

:D...FINALLY TOGETHER!!! :lol:

Seriously, Sephiroth would massacre the whole Devil May Cry cast.

By the way, FF7 Advent Children will be remade by 2009.:D

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119005 said:
:D...FINALLY TOGETHER!!! :lol:

Seriously, Sephiroth would massacre the whole Devil May Cry cast.

By the way, FF7 Advent Children will be remade by 2009.:D

Sephiroth PWNS ALL!

And you lie! Are you serious? Another AC!? LIEK OMFG!!!
*screams like a giddy school girl*

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dante Aseroth;118962 said:
If It wouldn't have been for the intervention of the power Holy, Meteor would have destroyed the Planet. Every evil has a bright side which opposes It, so yeah, Cloud Strife has defeated him.
That is exactly my point. Sephiroth resorts to summoning magical powers, while Vergil on the other hand plays it fair and if Sephiroth can't use that magic he would surely fall.
I'm also surprised that you, Dante would give up Sparda's title!:huh:

Then sephiroth cannot stand a direct hit from Yamato, but Vergil can undoughtably with stand this human weapon.

And as The Phantarch said, sephiroth lost to the easiest person to fight ever, Cloud. If he can be defeated by omni-slash; Judgement cut would without a dought destroy him.

Esura

BringerOfChaos;119020 said:
That is exactly my point. Sephiroth resorts to summoning magical powers, while Vergil on the other hand plays it fair and if Sephiroth can't use that magic he would surely fall.
I'm also surprised that you, Dante would give up Sparda's title!:huh:

Then sephiroth cannot stand a direct hit from Yamato, but Vergil can undoughtably with stand this human weapon.

And as The Phantarch said, sephiroth lost to the easiest person to fight ever, Cloud. If he can be defeated by omni-slash; Judgement cut would without a dought destroy him.

Cloud only won due to Holy, Jenova's major weakness. Sephiroth is infused with Jenova so he is weak to Holy too. Only the Cetra (Ancients) such as Aerith can invoke Holy.

And yes Sephiroth CAN withstand Yamato. As I said before, Sephiroth isnt human. He has powers of Jenova.

Also, Sephiroth doesnt need summoning to defeat Vergil. His Supernova will suffice. Or Sephiroth can just.......pwn him via swordplay.

Esura

BringerOfChaos;119055 said:
It's still a human body.

Well, by your logic, Vergil has a human body then.

Sephiroth entire DNA makeup and genes were completely altered by Jenova's cells. In fact, his whole human essence was altered by Jenova. Sephiroth is NOT human!!! His body ISNT human!! How many times do I have to explain this. And they injected into him while in the womb!

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
In turn by your logic Vergil is a full demon!:lol:
I think a supernatural being has a higher chance of taking out an alien.

Esura

BringerOfChaos;119094 said:
In turn by your logic Vergil is a full demon!:lol:
I think a supernatural being has a higher chance of taking out an alien.

Bah!

Ya.....right.
DA, Creedo, and I already explained why Sephiroth would own Vergil.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Albeit none too convincingly.
I'm not addicted to this game, I can register some chars that would wipe the floor with all of them. Sephiroth is not one of them. He is, admittedly in lamest terms, a madder Frankenstein's monster.

Sparda™

The Phantarch;119200 said:
Albeit none too convincingly.
I'm not addicted to this game, I can register some chars that would wipe the floor with all of them. Sephiroth is not one of them. He is, admittedly in lamest terms, a madder Frankenstein's monster.

With all due respect, you must have balls to say that.

Convincing?! He didn't even use 1% of his power throughout the Final Fantasy VII saga. How's that about convincing.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119204 said:
With all due respect, you must have balls to say that.

Convincing?! He didn't even use 1% of his power throughout the Final Fantasy VII saga. How's that about convincing.

Yeah.

Aerith's Holy somewhat restricted Sephiroth's power.

Sparda™

Even If we take Holy and Meteor off, Sephiroth is someone all characters from all the other games can't withstand against.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante wiped the floor with Mundus, remember?
I did say "in lamest terms" but that's what he is. He's a monster created by his father who happens to be a mad scientist. Same case scenario. Sephi is a lot more powerful than the Frankenstein's monster (obviously) Sorry but if we maxed out both of them. Vergil with the perfect amulet and force edge and allow Sephiroth access to a crap load of materia, it would be an intense battle.

Also, basic sword fighting- Vergil wins hands down.

Hand to hand combat: Well, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen Sephi up for a good knuckle bruising.

Power battle: If Vergil is maxed out with the perfect amulet as Dante was in DMC1 his potential would be nigh on limitless. Sephiroth's power would also be. No clear winner.

I make that 2 and a draw to a draw in Vergil's favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom