• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Too Complicated?(CENSORED)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, I don't blame him for repeating that... you can only be extremely vague in so many ways.

However, I don't think importing is worth the effort.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I don't blame him for repeating that... you can only be extremely vague in so many ways.

However, I don't think importing is worth the effort.
I didn't mean to put that there as a point of accusation. I just thought it was funny.

When it comes to some of these things they must be handled with a degree of fineness, it's probably easier to defuse a bomb than to explain certain video game choices like this one to angry fans, so those words are a provably picked very carefully to make the least amount of people mad at them. I remember JP from the P* forums did something similar a few years ago where he copied and pasted his response repeatedly. I don't blame either of them, like I said, I just thought it was funny.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't blame either of them, like I said, I just thought it was funny.
Yeah, I know. It really is hilarious. You have to keep repeating the same "mantra" to everyone just to get the message out. It's a PR thing, you can't do anything about that.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Here's a thought, J Stars Victory Versus aka Super Smash Bros. Anime actually didn't do very well in Japan, and it was the number of imported copies that got the game an official western release. They saw the appeal and demand for it here.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
....Cept the fact importing is freakin expensive.
It honestly depends on where you live.
Where I live, the only difference between downloading the US version and importing the Japanese version is $5-6....which is far from expensive.
Here's a thought, J Stars Victory Versus aka Super Smash Bros. Anime actually didn't do very well in Japan, and it was the number of imported copies that got the game an official western release. They saw the appeal and demand for it here.
That's also true. The same thing happened with Yakuza 5...it was doing moderately in Japan, and then SEGA discovered that a significant number of their sales were due to Western gamers importing the game. So recently, they just ended up localizing the game for the West, and will probably do the same thing for Yakuza Zero (if we're lucky).

Khundy

Berserker
Just a little bit of a fan, recently just got the PC editions, still missing 2 of my games to people but its okay sense I'm trying to infect more people.
So what is the cheapest online retailer so far for Japanese special edition?
11074927_10206009495334947_4046979934853909195_n.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
My guess is that Capcom will wait a few years for a physical release once they see (enough) fan demand.

scionicspectre

Has that ever happened?

If anything, I've heard of games only releasing physical copies (like limited editions) initially, while all further versions are digital. I can't say I've ever heard of a game coming out digital and eventually getting a physical release.

GregaMan

Hey again, guys.

First off, I want to give a personal thank-you for the kind words some have shared following my post. They've certainly helped me sleep better (because they're encouraging, not because they put me to sleep :tongue:).

And yeah, as the link that started this very thread exemplifies, you never know how people will interpret what you say, so you have to take a lot of care. We've had a lot of inquiries on Ask Capcom, as you'd likely imagine, so I shared the post there as well, but please don't think that makes it disingenuous. My top priority was framing a post for this site, which I sort of feel is the DMC community's "home," or at least the one with which I'm most familiar.

Anyway, with regards to @Vergilius's post:

Please confirm that Capcom didn't do this to "help" DmCDE sell more. I know that that wasn't the case here (if it were, then they wouldn't release DMC4SE at all, let alone in the same year), but that hasn't stopped a select few from saying so.

I can definitely confirm that the delivery method chosen for DMC4SE had nothing to do with DmC: DE, and vice versa. We strive for success and a positive reception for every title we put out; we do not pit them against one another—these are our babies. As I said before, the decision was made before the game was even announced, based on a huge variety of factors that vary from one case to the next. I’d also like to note that DmC: DE has actually done very well since its release, and I have complete faith that DMC4SE will be a success as well.

We've got both games side-by-side on our console dashboard here in the office, and danged if it don't bring a little tear to my eye.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thanks for answering, GregaMan.

Sorry about that last post, btw. Looking forward to DMC4SE and DmC GMD "Turbo-Hardcore" Must Style Mode (which I've yet to master).

Also, I'm very glad to hear that you never intended to pit the two games against each other. Great news.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
We've got both games side-by-side on our console dashboard here in the office, and danged if it don't bring a little tear to my eye.
Well, while you're around, if you don't mind a question that has me a bit concerned. Do you know if the Japanese retail release will have an english dub and menus/text options? RE4 on the PS3 didn't have english text option so I'm worried about importing. I know the Asia release was confirmed by Capcom to have them but there was no mention of the Japan release.

GregaMan

They have been advertising that the game will include both Japanese and English VO options in Japan, but I'm afraid I don't know about text. Though I don't imagine navigating this game would be too cumbersome without English text since it's not that text-heavy to begin with. Could also be an opportunity to learn some katakana! Even in Japan, most of the modes and many of the characters' moves are just English words anyway.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
@GregaMan While you're here, just thought I'd ask. Been hearing rumors for awhile about a new DMC game (could be DMC5, DmC2, or a remake for all I know) in development. Not asking for anything specific, but are there any plans for the series?

scionicspectre

Lol, @AgentRedgrave, even if they were working on something do you think he would be allowed to tell us? Confirmation of anything less specific than an actual project would be what we already know- they care about DMC.

Needless to say, I've seen these rumors popping up all over the place and none of them are substantiated so far as I've seen. People are just making insinuations.

Top Bottom