• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Too Complicated?(CENSORED)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
God, I really hate it when they blatantly lie to us like this.

This really makes me want to boycott Capcom, you know. And since they have almost nothing I want (outside of DMC4SE), then that really wouldn't be an issue for me.

Capcom is definitely something I can live without these days... :cautious:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
God, I really hate it when they blatantly lie to us like this.

This really makes me want to boycott Capcom, you know. And since they have almost nothing I want (outside of DMC4SE), then that really wouldn't be an issue for me.

Capcom is definitely something I can live without these days... :cautious:
You know the sad part is I actually did intend to get DmC DE as well. Despite my mixed feelings about the initial release, I thought it sounded like it would address a lot of the issues (They even added a cut-scene of Dante telling Vergil off for when he killed Mundus' baby and caused thousands to die). But now I'm not getting that either. Unless we get a disk release of DMC4 SE, I'm done with Capcom.....Devil May Cry was the only series of theirs I was a fan of anyway.

scionicspectre

Well, this is just marketing jargon. I was going to buy it anyway, and although this is offensive to those who really want a physical copy, it doesn't impact me much. I'm definitely not saying you guys should feel the same way I do, I just thought I'd represent those of us to whom it isn't a big deal.

That said, Greg Moore never said the game was too complicated to fit on a disc or anything like that. He said that the decision to publish on physical media for each territory is different, and outside of Japan it's more complicated than 'just doing it'. The supply chain and market conditions likely have a lot to do with these decisions.

Khundy

Berserker
I want the Physical copy just to collect but I was gonna get the Digital copy anyways, for Modding! Sucks and its really crappy way to treat the non-Japanese fanbase. Maybe because we didn't appreciate their reboot enough ha. But I hear that they didn't like it either. There was a roomer that the Japanese version of playstation all-stars got the DMC3 Dante instead of the New one in game

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
That was "sarcasm"....lol
Sorry, it's hard to read sarcasm
Well, this is just marketing jargon. I was going to buy it anyway, and although this is offensive to those who really want a physical copy, it doesn't impact me much. I'm definitely not saying you guys should feel the same way I do, I just thought I'd represent those of us to whom it isn't a big deal.

That said, Greg Moore never said the game was too complicated to fit on a disc or anything like that. He said that the decision to publish on physical media for each territory is different, and outside of Japan it's more complicated than 'just doing it'. The supply chain and market conditions likely have a lot to do with these decisions.
I hope people still support it, cause then maybe they will see the demand and come to their senses. But I am unable to download it, and with how expensive I hear importing is, it's more then what I'd be willing to pay for all five games. Which is really disappointing for me, cause I got more excited from the first teaser with Vergil, then I have in a long time (even more then when Godzilla used his atomic breath in the new film, and I was grinning like a fool for that)

scionicspectre

Yeah, it's not ideal by any means, but I think the backlash is disproportional to the 'crime', as it were, especially given how much more we're getting than expected from the actual game. In a sense, it almost feels like some of the people who are upset about this (not all) are just looking for something to complain about.

I own the collector's edition of the original for PS3, so of course I'd want another one, but I've never seen this as something I'm owed. Also, recent events in my life have convinced me that physical media, while preferable, isn't always the best choice for every situation. In the end, so long as I have continued access to the game that's all that matters to me.

Being able to play the game on multiple devices, of course, is one big reason I do want a physical release, but you can do that with digital releases on the PS4 and Steam, if I'm not mistaken. Sharing the game with friends would also be nice, but I'm not going to be heartbroken over it.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yeah, it's not ideal by any means, but I think the backlash is disproportional to the 'crime', as it were, especially given how much more we're getting than expected from the actual game. In a sense, it almost feels like some of the people who are upset about this (not all) are just looking for something to complain about.

I own the collector's edition of the original for PS3, so of course I'd want another one, but I've never seen this as something I'm owed. Also, recent events in my life have convinced me that physical media, while preferable, isn't always the best choice for every situation. In the end, so long as I have continued access to the game that's all that matters to me.

Being able to play the game on multiple devices, of course, is one big reason I do want a physical release, but you can do that with digital releases on the PS4 and Steam, if I'm not mistaken. Sharing the game with friends would also be nice, but I'm not going to be heartbroken over it.
Yes but I am actually incapable of downloading it. The internet in my area's too poor to download games.

Khundy

Berserker
My collection so far, lent out American vanilla DMC4 and DMCHD collection.
1508174_10204712072780194_4577502867634231694_n.jpg

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well in mine case is complicated situation as i have sometimes ISP what likes to lag and well all know that it can make difficulty in moments when it strikes and doing download of game for ex. in Steam ( if it is for PC) on mine case ends on infinite download time and in end I have to wait or pause whole download. Also Im sad for DMC 4 SE not having psychical copy as I have DMC 3 SE and original 4 in their Retail versions, wanted to have this too like them but well i gonna swallow it that SE version of 4 will be only as Download.

scionicspectre

Yes but I am actually incapable of downloading it. The internet in my area's too poor to download games.

Right, that's one thing I was wondering about but thinking of asking you privately. I wonder if there's anything we can do to assist people with that particular issue. I mean, is it a physical incapability with data caps and such, or is it a matter of waiting a week for it to download? Either way, that really does suck and is incredibly restrictive, and in your case I can certainly understand the frustration.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Do any of you seriously believe this game will sell more than 1 million on west? I don't want to sound harsh but almost literally no one cares about DMC here and Capcom is well aware of it. Not to mention they are broke right now.

Capcom needs money hence they aren't gonna release the game on the west physically ''until'' they're sure it will cover it's expenses. If you want a retail disc just import it.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, first off, don't start your post, or name your thread with cursing or hateful words. We wouldn't allow it in the DmC section, we won't allow it on any other forum section.

I don't believe that they are lying. I think they didn't plan for the DmC DE to do as poorly as they were doing and their financial projections don't allow for printing the game on disc. If you haven't seen it NT has a new game coming out called Hellblade. As it happens that game is going to be a $40 downloadable title; the reason for that is because, as they mentioned, if they were to pay for printing and distribution they would have to make it a full $60 title. With Japan it's not the same market; They might not be running as big a risk. It is complicated, there are reasons we don't know and can only guess at and they won't tell us because they'll get reactions just like this one and who wants that headache?

All I can guess that this is directly related to the sales of DmC and we are seeing the results of that. All we can do is insist on it and hope that they'll listen to our request. I still insist that if they are not going to give us a print to have them help us get one by selling the japanese one here.

Last edited:

GabrielXx

I just pre-ordered my limited edition so i'm set that dose not mean i still will not fight for one to come over here. do you know how much the LE would cost here ? around 80 something bucks without all the shipping and stuff. i never owned the DMC4 Soundtrack so since they might add new songs i thought it might be worth it that and i am really interested in the book..won't be able to read it worth a crap but i can post some scans from kinkos maybe so we can get someone to translate them. who know's it might go over stuff a lot of us wanted to know about for years. i bought the DMC4 steal case back when it came out that was so cool but just asking has anyone noticed recently for these collectors editions they tell you you are getting a box lol so now the box everything comes in is special.

Lani

Do any of you seriously believe this game will sell more than 1 million on west? I don't want to sound harsh but almost literally no one cares about DMC here and Capcom is well aware of it. Not to mention they are broke right now.

Capcom needs money hence they aren't gonna release the game on the west physically ''until'' they're sure it will cover it's expenses. If you want a retail disc just import it.
I think one thing is for certain it wont be selling anywhere near 3 mil like the original lol. I wonder if DmC DE sales had anything to do with their decision to go digital only in the west?I guess we will find out when the sales report comes in.I'm going to download it as importing is expensive,from Japan anyway.I have experience with Fatal Frame 4 and it cost close to if not $80.

Top Bottom