• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Too Complicated?(CENSORED)

Weiss Schnee

My collection so far, lent out American vanilla DMC4 and DMCHD collection.
1508174_10204712072780194_4577502867634231694_n.jpg

What's with the duplicate Devil May Cry titles? NTSC and PAL regional differences?

Viper

Premium
when besides that one time with his mother being killed? He's always went willinglt looking for trouble. Rarely do demons come after him at will.
The question was how Dante got into shape, which he later maintained through swinging heavy sword, and the answer is that before we met classic Dante as big bad demon hunter he was just a kid on the street, hunted by demons and with scarce resources, yet you seem to keep judging him based on his post-DMC1 adult version who had his revenge and is now just taking care of troublemakers, preferably some that can give him challenge.
Oh, and that demon attack in town where kid Dante lived as Tony indicates that the night his mother was killed was not the only instance where he had to run for his life.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
So capcom is slowly releasing info about the game, which don't get me wrong its all good, but why haven't they addressed fan concern about its viable release?

Judge

I think one thing is for certain it wont be selling anywhere near 3 mil like the original lol. I wonder if DmC DE sales had anything to do with their decision to go digital only in the west?I guess we will find out when the sales report comes in.I'm going to download it as importing is expensive,from Japan anyway.I have experience with Fatal Frame 4 and it cost close to if not $80.

Don't see how DmC's sales have anything to do with DMC4's release. Besides I thought DmC had some decent sales, although I know thats a disputed topic between fans.

Although I believe its to do with sales of the DMC HD Collection (which I bought two copies of). Its possible that Capcom didn't make much profit on the DMC HD Collection and decided that the most profitable decision was to make DMC4 a digitial only release. Which makes sense because it eliminates second hand sales.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wait is that article serious? "If you want a physical copy just import it!" That is...No way! They didn't really say that did they? Just bring the Japanese disk over here and place English subs over the Japanese text. That seems simple in theory.

Veloran

Wait is that article serious? "If you want a physical copy just import it!" That is...No way! They didn't really say that did they? Just bring the Japanese disk over here and place English subs over the Japanese text. That seems simple in theory.
It will be fully voiced in English, and will likely have full English as a text option for the menus as well.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yes...and no. It did less then the other DMC's in the original series despite it being a so-called "HD collection".
How many re-releases actually manage to sell better then the initial release. Let's not forget, it was just the first three games, something most fans already have.

GregaMan

Hey guys, just so you know, I check these boards on a pretty regular basis, even though I don't always respond right away. It looks like something I said was interpreted by some in a way I hadn't intended at all, so I want to give a bit more substantial response here.

I want to stress that we were well aware of this inevitable demand (for a disc) before the public was even aware of the game's existence. There's always demand within the core community for physical versions of games. I would like people to understand that when we do digital only, it's the result of a huge variety of factors, and completely case-by-case in nature. It does not mean we weren't aware of interest, or that we didn't care.

Having faced this discussion time and again in the West over the last few years, it has become standard procedure to give consideration to the potential for a physical release with each title. The factors are assessed and outcome determined case-by-case, as I said. Because many of the relevant factors vary from region to region, you will see cases where some versions happen in one territory but not in another. You will find this to be the case for most publishers active on a global scale, and even companies in other industries. It is the publisher's responsibility to make the tough decisions that consider a bigger picture and, we hope, serve a greater good--all while still trying to make as many people happy as possible.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify those points. I know some of you won’t or can’t purchase a digital product, but it is going to be an incredible value and one of the best games of its kind, so I do hope this title gets the support it deserves. Either way, I encourage you all to keep voicing your feedback on how you think we can improve moving forward.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
@GregaMan I am about to sleep now but I didn't want to leave without a reply. Greg, I think you are a real nice guy and both Capcom and us are lucky to have you as this community's face. Thank you for your efforts, you're doing god's work.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Hey guys, just so you know, I check these boards on a pretty regular basis, even though I don't always respond right away. It looks like something I said was interpreted by some in a way I hadn't intended at all, so I want to give a bit more substantial response here.

I want to stress that we were well aware of this inevitable demand (for a disc) before the public was even aware of the game's existence. There's always demand within the core community for physical versions of games. I would like people to understand that when we do digital only, it's the result of a huge variety of factors, and completely case-by-case in nature. It does not mean we weren't aware of interest, or that we didn't care.

Having faced this discussion time and again in the West over the last few years, it has become standard procedure to give consideration to the potential for a physical release with each title. The factors are assessed and outcome determined case-by-case, as I said. Because many of the relevant factors vary from region to region, you will see cases where some versions happen in one territory but not in another. You will find this to be the case for most publishers active on a global scale, and even companies in other industries. It is the publisher's responsibility to make the tough decisions that consider a bigger picture and, we hope, serve a greater good--all while still trying to make as many people happy as possible.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify those points. I know some of you won’t or can’t purchase a digital product, but it is going to be an incredible value and one of the best games of its kind, so I do hope this title gets the support it deserves. Either way, I encourage you all to keep voicing your feedback on how you think we can improve moving forward.
Ditto to the previous post...Just checked before bed, didn't think I'd be posting anything..Anyway, I apologize for how I expressed my....displeasure....I clearly took the statement the wrong way (Though I doubt I was the only one, but I can't speak for other people)...I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't feel disappointment over the situation, cause I do. But I probably could have expressed it better. I hope the game still gets supported so that maybe a retail version will become possible, or better yet another DMC title in the future.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Either way, I encourage you all to keep voicing your feedback on how you think we can improve moving forward.
@GregaMan

First off, I would like to apologize in advance if this post offends you or anyone else. I'm trying to be realistic but still civilized about this at the same time. I really am. Again, I'm very sorry if what I'm about to say comes off as rude.

Second, I'm not sure if you've seen my opinion on this already, but here it is.

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/what-are-you-sick-of.13684/page-48

-----------------------------------------------

Third, I would like you to clarify something for me (if possible):

Please confirm that Capcom didn't do this to "help" DmCDE sell more. I know that that wasn't the case here (if it were, then they wouldn't release DMC4SE at all, let alone in the same year), but that hasn't stopped a select few from saying so.

----------------------------------------------

While I hated the fact that its digital-only at first, I've learned to accept it in time.

Furthermore, I personally am not able to purchase it at the moment -- but who knows what'll happen in the future, right?

But in any case, I'd just like to state that I honestly think that the reason there's no physical release is to cut costs. I've read your post on the matter, and have come back to the same conclusion that I've reached when I first heard the announcement.

Capcom simply can't afford a physical release.

--------------------------------------------

However, like I've said before, I know that it'll sell well, no matter who exactly out there is capable of downloading it. A sale's a sale.

DMC4SE is simply just that popular. If Capcom themselves can save cash on physical costs, then hey, more power to them.

It has to be done.

-------------------------------------------

However, not having to worry about secondhand sales is also a huge bonus as well. I won't pretend that it isn't.

This is what I hear when I read the words, 'various factors.' That's just the way business is run for the most part.

Do I like the situation? No. Of course not. But I'm not going to hold it against you or Capcom, either.

However, this isn't going to change what I think of this whole ordeal.

We all know what's really happening not only with Capcom, but with the AAA game industry at large. Studios are closing their doors more and more every day. On the whole, it's in serious financial trouble.

I don't mean to sound callous about this, but I really don't think your or anyone else's argument is going to convince me otherwise -- because I think this is going to set a precedent for more digital-only "remastered" (and even current-gen) releases.

The fact is, it's time for us to accept the reality of what's happening here. Simple as that.

Edit:

I don't expect you to reply to this, because even hinting that one's company could be in trouble would make anyone "upstairs" throw a fit.

I'll settle for silence, a veiled explanation, or even an insult hurled my way. I honestly won't mind at all.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
See, like all Physical and Digital catastrophes, it never bothers me because of the simple convenience of importing, especially with games that have English Audio. Resident Evil Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles HD got a Japan-only physical release? Imported it. Okami HD had a Japanese-only physical release? Imported it.

There exists a physical copy DMC4: SE, and it's available for import as well. I've talked to Japanese friends overseas about how DmC: DE was a Western exclusive in ALL manners of release, let alone physical, and they just shrugged it off and imported it.

Import your games. The empty space on your shelf will ache a whole lot less.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
See, like all Physical and Digital catastrophes, it never bothers me because of the simple convenience of importing, especially with games that have English Audio. Resident Evil Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles HD got a Japan-only physical release? Imported it. Okami HD had a Japanese-only physical release? Imported it.

There exists a physical copy DMC4: SE, and it's available for import as well. I've talked to Japanese friends overseas about how DmC: DE was a Western exclusive in ALL manners of release, let alone physical, and they just shrugged it off and imported it.

Import your games. The empty space on your shelf will ache a whole lot less.
....Cept the fact importing is freakin expensive.

Top Bottom