• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Could you explain this a bit more and how it relates to the inclusion of a female main character not being a good thing?

I get that it's annoying to sit through something like that, but it only being one trailer doesn't need to be a bad thing per se. Sure it's less than what Black Ops 4 got, but as far as I know one trailer is the standard for most events. In any case, I was talking more about the women situation in the trailer. If the community feels like the trailer/event itself sucked I can understand the BF V dislike more.
I'll focus on the bolded for a sec. SJW's mission is to divide users on Social Media (Twitter/Facebook/Whatever) over women in any industry. Video Games is being the poster child of them all. This is a subject that has been brewing since the "GamerGate" incident that involved a woman journalist, and her angry boyfriend.

Every time there's a woman in a Video Game, SJW's cry wolf for women in general. It's basically artificial outrage. "Artificial" being the operative word here. Scroll up, find my post where I linked to a few videos talking about it. People want to find something to complain about, and this is where SJW's come in. There are genuine feedback, and there's artificial feedback. This confuses companies more than you know. It really sends the wrong message. Women don't have a problem with being included, the problem is the SJW's are muddying the actual, genuine feedback.

The genuine feedback towards women is complaining about "historical accuracy." While SJW's are complaining about WOMEN in their favorite Video Game. In this case, it's Battlefield V's turn. Same happened with Last of Us, same happened with Call of Duty. Same situation, different Video Game.

It's stupid. It's dumb.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I just don't get the issue really. Most people that are against it probably think they did it to fill a female quota (if so what'd be wrong with that if it doesn't end up hurting the game in any way), but they're forgetting about the equally possible case that they put a woman in just because they wanted to.

Additionally, there's a lot of cool women in history that would make for interesting stories. I agree about not really seeing an issue here. Sure, when diversity is forced, it's annoying (because you can tell the creator doesn't care and is just doing it for the bonus points) but it doesn't really seem like the case here. Besides, it's just a game. Why get so upset about it? If people don't like it, then just...don't play it? Don't buy it? I thought that was just common sense....

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I'll focus on the bolded for a sec. SJW's mission is to divide users on Social Media (Twitter/Facebook/Whatever) over women in any industry. Video Games is being the poster child of them all. This is a subject that has been brewing since the "GamerGate" incident that involved a woman journalist, and her angry boyfriend.

Every time there's a woman in a Video Game, SJW's cry wolf for women in general. It's basically artificial outrage. "Artificial" being the operative word here. Scroll up, find my post where I linked to a few videos talking about it. People want to find something to complain about, and this is where SJW's come in. There are genuine feedback, and there's artificial feedback. This confuses companies more than you know. It really sends the wrong message. Women don't have a problem with being included, the problem is the SJW's are muddying the actual, genuine feedback.

The genuine feedback towards women is complaining about "historical accuracy." While SJW's are complaining about WOMEN in their favorite Video Game. In this case, it's Battlefield V's turn. Same happened with Last of Us, same happened with Call of Duty. Same situation, different Video Game.

It's stupid. It's dumb.
So your point is that they artificially cause women to be in games? If that's what you're saying then I assume your problem with BF V is that even though it's historically inaccurate, there is a female protagonist in a World War 2 game. I can agree with the historical inaccuracy argument cause that would indicate that the adding of the female character was done artificially. I also found this on wikipedia:

"During World War II, approximately 400,000 U.S. women served with the armed forces and more than 460 — some sources say the figure is closer to 543 — lost their lives as a result of the war, including 16 from enemy fire. However, the U.S. decided not to use women in combat because public opinion would not tolerate it. Women became officially recognized as a permanent part of the U.S. armed forces after the war, with the passing of the Women's Armed Services Integration Act of 1948." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_women_in_World_War_II)

The woman in the trailer is actively part of combat, so this quote applies. Still, in some of these discussions it seems like it's pretty difficult to find a difference between those that hate the game because of the historical inaccuracy and those that hate it because a woman was added to the game. There's plenty of people on the second side (incels, Red Pillers) so it's never entirely clear which side people are talking about, especially because this has become a larger blowup than I feel is necessary.

Additionally, there's a lot of cool women in history that would make for interesting stories. I agree about not really seeing an issue here. Sure, when diversity is forced, it's annoying (because you can tell the creator doesn't care and is just doing it for the bonus points) but it doesn't really seem like the case here. Besides, it's just a game. Why get so upset about it? If people don't like it, then just...don't play it? Don't buy it? I thought that was just common sense....

I think the people that don't like the woman from the BF V trailer think the diversity was forced because of the historical inaccuracy. To me it still feels a bit overblown and honestly it's hard for me to think there's no people out there that dislike it purely because of the woman rather than the inaccuracy.

About the it's just a game part, people can be veeeery passionate about games. I suppose it could be because gaming was looked down upon for so long (and still is to a certain extent).

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
So your point is that they artificially cause women to be in games? If that's what you're saying then I assume your problem with BF V is that even though it's historically inaccurate, there is a female protagonist in a World War 2 game. I can agree with the historical inaccuracy argument cause that would indicate that the adding of the female character was done artificially. I also found this on wikipedia:

"During World War II, approximately 400,000 U.S. women served with the armed forces and more than 460 — some sources say the figure is closer to 543 — lost their lives as a result of the war, including 16 from enemy fire. However, the U.S. decided not to use women in combat because public opinion would not tolerate it. Women became officially recognized as a permanent part of the U.S. armed forces after the war, with the passing of the Women's Armed Services Integration Act of 1948." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_women_in_World_War_II)

The woman in the trailer is actively part of combat, so this quote applies. Still, in some of these discussions it seems like it's pretty difficult to find a difference between those that hate the game because of the historical inaccuracy and those that hate it because a woman was added to the game. There's plenty of people on the second side (incels, Red Pillers) so it's never entirely clear which side people are talking about, especially because this has become a larger blowup than I feel is necessary.
Did you even read what I posted? Did you even try to comprehend it? I don't have a problem with having a woman in a game like Battlefield. The lady character wasn't added "artificially." When I said "artificial outrage," I actually meant false outrage, fake outrage. Like the Infinite Warfare's reveal trailer - those likes to dislike ratio was artificial. Most of the accounts were fake users, most of it was bots, etc. Which obscures the real feedback. Go back and actually read what I said.

You misunderstood me. You misunderstood my entire point. You even communicated to another user and understood what he was saying, and turns out you were responding to exactly what I was talking about...
I think the people that don't like the woman from the BF V trailer think the diversity was forced because of the historical inaccuracy. To me it still feels a bit overblown and honestly it's hard for me to think there's no people out there that dislike it purely because of the woman rather than the inaccuracy.

About the it's just a game part, people can be veeeery passionate about games. I suppose it could be because gaming was looked down upon for so long (and still is to a certain extent).
The genuine feedback are saying that they don't like the forced inclusion of 'diversity' (ahem; women) but like I said, watch the other videos I posted up there. Yes, it's overblown, but that overblown feedback is from SJW's (Social Justice Warriors) who are trying to speak for all women or 'everyone.' There ARE people who dislike it purely because of the woman in the trailer, they're called SJW's.

How do you think Infinite Warfare got the amount of hate it got? It's because of the very same fake outrage. Infinite Warfare went on to becoming the best selling game of that year, and then some. It just didn't sell the same amount of copies as BO3.

Last of Us was the best selling PlayStation exclusive for the year it sold, DESPITE the SJW outrage for the girl inclusion.

Maxman

**** i wish PUBG never succeeded in the first place

All good it did was to make an influx of half-assed EA Battle Royale Games on Steam
**** fam it feels like there aint a week where a new Battle Royale Game is not announced
**** even PUBG is half assed , how it managed to succeed is beyond my ability to understand

Last edited:

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Did you even read what I posted? Did you even try to comprehend it? I don't have a problem with having a woman in a game like Battlefield. The lady character wasn't added "artificially." When I said "artificial outrage," I actually meant false outrage, fake outrage. Like the Infinite Warfare's reveal trailer - those likes to dislike ratio was artificial. Most of the accounts were fake users, most of it was bots, etc. Which obscures the real feedback. Go back and actually read what I said.

You misunderstood me. You misunderstood my entire point. You even communicated to another user and understood what he was saying, and turns out you were responding to exactly what I was talking about...

The genuine feedback are saying that they don't like the forced inclusion of 'diversity' (ahem; women) but like I said, watch the other videos I posted up there. Yes, it's overblown, but that overblown feedback is from SJW's (Social Justice Warriors) who are trying to speak for all women or 'everyone.' There ARE people who dislike it purely because of the woman in the trailer, they're called SJW's.

How do you think Infinite Warfare got the amount of hate it got? It's because of the very same fake outrage. Infinite Warfare went on to becoming the best selling game of that year, and then some. It just didn't sell the same amount of copies as BO3.

Last of Us was the best selling PlayStation exclusive for the year it sold, DESPITE the SJW outrage for the girl inclusion.

You're right, I completely misunderstood your post, sorry about that. I started jumping to conclusions too soon, I'll be more careful about that in the future.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You know guys, misunderstandings happen all the time. That’s life. Let’s not get too worked up about things.

And since when do people play games for realism or historical accuracy? Personally I’ve never given two sh*ts about those things. Let me shoot things, stab things and blow sh*t up!

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
You know guys, misunderstandings happen all the time. That’s life. Let’s not get too worked up about things.
Right, but he wasn't trying to read. I'm trying to explain something, and when someone misunderstand me, I get frustrated. It disrupts the flow of the conversation.
And since when do people play games for realism or historical accuracy? Personally I’ve never given two sh*ts about those things. Let me shoot things, stab things and blow sh*t up!
You can fault Call of Duty for that. Modern Warfare changed the way we feel about modern shooters. There were WWII shooters before Modern Warfare came to the picture, but the thing is, nobody cared about World War 2 games other than the history buffs. Now? Thanks to World of War, Black Ops, and the new WWII, people have high expectations of what to expect from a realistic World War 2 shooter. D.I.C.E has always been known for historical accuracy in their Battlefield games, bar the Bad Company series and other spin-offs.

COD4 was famous for the realism, and "accuracy" of the world that the game inhabits - since at the time of release, we WERE in the middle of the same kind of war.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Somehow the cats (specifically Stilts, because Rosie's too small to jump onto cabinets) broke a bottle of honey all over the kitchen floor...gfdi. :shifty:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

All good it did was to make an influx of half-assed EA Battle Royale Games on Steam
**** fam it feels like there aint a week where a new Battle Royale Game is not announced
**** even PUBG is half assed , how it managed to succeed is beyond my ability to understand
It succeeded because DayZ and H1Z1 provided customers/consumers a broad look into the future of gaming.

EA made Battle Royale? We're talking about Electronic Arts, here... right? But yes, the rise of Battle Royale games will bring out the ****ty implementation of the mode, the ****ty imitators of Battle Royale. It will get worse before it gets better. Even Call of Duty is even dabbling in there, too...

Maxman

It succeeded because DayZ and H1Z1 provided customers/consumers a broad look into the future of gaming.

EA made Battle Royale? We're talking about Electronic Arts, here... right? But yes, the rise of Battle Royale games will bring out the ****ty implementation of the mode, the ****ty imitators of Battle Royale. It will get worse before it gets better. Even Call of Duty is even dabbling in there, too...

By EA i meant Early Access
But dunno mang , PUBG as a game itself left a sour taste in my mouth, how it managed to succeed in the state it was launched in is beyond my understanding. Game just devolves into a running a simulator most of the time for me

But goddayumn, the amount of EA BR games announced these days, its just crazy

Now Ubisoft milking Assassins Creed doesnt seem as bad , lol

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know, I feel like reviewers of entertainment media often get too emotionally invested in their jobs. I used to be part of this site that reviewed stuff and day after day I would clash with the people who did reviews as I didn't always agree with their views on shows/games etc. They would often berate me for having the "wrong opinions" and such. They seem to be unable to comprehend that their evaluation of a piece of entertainment is subjective and open to debate with people possessing different views. But it got even worse in these recent politicised climate, if you didn't think a certain show that featured a sexually diverse cast was a 10/10 masterpiece then you were branded various kinds of bigotry. Even admitting you were even slightly right of centre is practically suicide on there. The number of times personal attacks were thrown around made things toxic and ultimately unbearable.

Anyways, I left as quietly as possible to avoid further stress and am just blowing off steam here.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I honestly can’t stand reading reviews about things. At the end of the day, I’m always going to go with how I feel about something. No review or score for that matter will subsequently change my mind about how I feel. And, to be honest, if you’re swayed by what others think and feel about things to the point that someone else’s opinion or viewpoint becomes your own then you’re not really thinking for yourself or genuinely expressing how you feel, you’re just trying to follow what you believe is the ‘generally accepted opinion’ of something.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
"Pate a choux is the easiest and most versatile pastry dough!" Literally go f*** yourself. If the next batch doesn't turn out, I'm just gonna eat this custard by itself.

My arms hurt....

Edit: Finally got it right! Alton Brown to the rescue once more.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin

It is a pain that the market is now getting flooded with half assed clones but it happens with most games/modes in multiple genres that get popular for whatever reason, everyone wants a piece of the action (and money).

In a way im glad PUBG and Fortnite succeeded as it might drag the players who play survival games as if they were Battle Royale/Deathmatch games already to those games instead and leave the players who want a survival experience to play that way. Im more into the PvE side of things than standard PVP and far too many players in survival games play them like a deathmatch games where they HAVE to kill every single player they come across and if that happens with every player interaction it could ruin your experience. Also might burn people out of playing that way and try a new play style in other survival games instead of killing everyone they come across.

Last edited:

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
this "racism dog" account is the worst twitter account I've ever seen

"hey lemme just go ahead and sic all my followers on random people for saying something I don't approve of, lemme just send a bunch of people to harass them, that's a good idea"

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Love being the fattest person in a gym class.

Like, you skinny people, can't you go be all skinny somewhere else? Do you need to even be here? Can't you just drink water and look fabulous near a gym studio somewhere far away from here?

And to everyone with fantastic coordination: I hate you all. How do you even keep up with the dance teacher? How do you seem to be in perfect sync with her brain and be able to anticipate all her super-complex moves? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GOSH DARNED MIRRORS EVERYWHERE?!?!?

Sigh...I'm so fat...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Modern dating is weird and hard. In my experience I have learned that rule #1 Never, ever, ever acknowledge the relationship. Basically go with the flow because if you acknowledge it the relationship ends. Rule #2 Never show feelings (if you are the male) because saying things "Man I like having you in life, you make me feel good" will doom the relationship.
Rule #3 Don't rush kissing, don't rush sex, don't rush period. (Yes this is general rule of thumb mind you) Rule #4 If she leaves you for any any reason deal with it and move on. Again don't show emotion. Rule #5 "Treating someone like crap" works. Yes it is a cliche, but I have actual experience to back this bizarre behaivor up. It's disheartening. The problem is if you're like me, a sensitive guy then all these behaviors go against your very core. But despite these "rules" you're never sure where you stand thus taking away any semblance of control, self worth, and common sense!
Now folks may comment "you're dating the 'wrong type of girl's and 'not everyone is the same.'" Fair enough I say, but I am speaking from personal experience that is my credentials; what is yours?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Modern dating is weird and hard. In my experience I have learned that rule #1 Never, ever, ever acknowledge the relationship. Basically go with the flow because if you acknowledge it the relationship ends. Rule #2 Never show feelings (if you are the male) because saying things "Man I like having you in life, you make me feel good" will doom the relationship.
Rule #3 Don't rush kissing, don't rush sex, don't rush period. (Yes this is general rule of thumb mind you) Rule #4 If she leaves you for any any reason deal with it and move on. Again don't show emotion. Rule #5 "Treating someone like crap" works. Yes it is a cliche, but I have actual experience to back this bizarre behaivor up. It's disheartening. The problem is if you're like me, a sensitive guy then all these behaviors go against your very core. But despite these "rules" you're never sure where you stand thus taking away any semblance of control, self worth, and common sense!
Now folks may comment "you're dating the 'wrong type of girl's and 'not everyone is the same.'" Fair enough I say, but I am speaking from personal experience that is my credentials; what is yours?
You're not "dating the wrong type of girls." Women are like that. In my opinion women think they have control over the relationship, which is why you'd think "never acknowledge the relationship." Like, she's trying to keep it secret until something just clicks in her mind. *slaps face and rubs it slowly* Ugh. Okay. I can go with the flow, but are we dating? Are we flirting, or "just flirting and having fun?" I can't tell you how many times women sat on my lap only to hurt me in the end anyway. Some women sit on my lap and flirt for months, and at one point, for years before I figured out on my own that the woman has a boyfriend on the side. *closes eyes like Futurama's Fry* My heart was racing when I found out on my own, but I said to myself "Okay, that's fine with me. I can get better, bitch." I sucked it up, swallowed that pain, and kept trucking on.

And it would surprise you how far you can take that "Treating someone like crap" cliche. I did that to a bad girl, and was able to take the flirting all the way until she says "Go away." That's a good thing, and a bad thing. Thing is, women are confusing as hell. One day she might want to flirt with you, the next day she's in love with you because you said something that tugged her heart, or you have a great hair, the next she wants to be a bitch to you. That's why I don't have a girlfriend. I had all the chances over the last 10-20 years now.

Now, granted, not every woman (or girl) is like that, but the vast majority of them act like these rules "exist." Like that whole "if she leaves you for any reason, just move on," that one is true. But what you can do, is date anyone using confidence. Just learn confidence. If I learnt that before I was 21, I would be a much bigger rockstar than I was in High School.

That applies to everyone: Learn confidence. Master it.
Love being the fattest person in a gym class.

Like, you skinny people, can't you go be all skinny somewhere else? Do you need to even be here? Can't you just drink water and look fabulous near a gym studio somewhere far away from here?

And to everyone with fantastic coordination: I hate you all. How do you even keep up with the dance teacher? How do you seem to be in perfect sync with her brain and be able to anticipate all her super-complex moves? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GOSH DARNED MIRRORS EVERYWHERE?!?!?

Sigh...I'm so fat...
And as for you... Maybe if you cut down on a few foods that make you fat, that water would do you a world of good. Walk, run, do weights, whatever makes you comfortable.

I'm fat, but not overly fat. Some women brought up that I am skinny, so I grew some meat and fat. You're supposed to. But don't go overboard by eating too much, and I do mean too much fat. Drinking too much, and I do mean too much Soda, and whatnot.

Let me put it in perspective for you:

- I ate a lot of bread, which actually makes you fat.
- I drank a lot of soda, which actually makes you fat.
- I drank a lot of "Tang," which literally is just "flavor."

I used to hate salads, but I learned to eat them, because supposedly, they're good for you - they help you slim down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom