• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

berto

I Saw the Devil
No, not a thought, an angry rant. It shouldn't go in the thinking thread.

So here's the thing. I get a lot of the rumors I pass on to here from 4chan and they love DMC4. Not my favorite, I've mentioned that once or twice. When the DMC5 threads come up and I post my grievances with 4, like the repeating stages, boring stages, the dullest BGM in the series, Dante's outfit and tankish movement, and so on, they respond with a combi vid. Every time! And they act like they just won the argument. Those things don't mean squat. 3 million recorded sales and they think that every single person who bought and liked the game bothered to even learned what jump canceling was. The odd one to me is how many of them get po'd if you mention wanting a dodge button for V. When you ask why the hell not they pretty much go 'because you can already do this' and post a combo vid. No. You can do that. Most people neither can nor will ever care enough to try to do that, and if a game caters only to elitists tossers like yourselves they will literally sell only thousands, tens of thousands at best. Not a very financially sound approach.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
hey dragon ball fighterz devs, cell's 3-meter attack landing first no matter how much later he does it after anyone else does one is absolutely dumb, please fix that already

Goldsickle

Every fixed camera fetishist I talk to will always use words in mouth or strawman responses because they can't f***ing argue how fixed camera can objectively be better than over-the-shoulder or first person.
I could go all day listing flaws of fixed camera and all they can do is say the usual responses like:

"So you're saying this..."
"So you're implying that..."

And I lost count how many times I had to reply:

"No, I didn't say that."
"Don't put words in my mouth."

Fixed camera is doomed and will utterly, miserably fail if even their most hardened fetishists can't defend the scheme.
They stick to strawman and can never actually come up with objective pros on how fixed camera can pull of certain aspects better than other more popular camera formats.
This is representative of how fixed camera will fare in the real world if you try to pitch for a fixed camera game but can't convince your publishers or colleagues on getting it green lighted.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Battlefield 5 is gonna have Battle Royale too?!

You know what, let them. Let EVERYONE implement that goddamn mode into their games. Let people get sick of that utter disgrace of a trend as soon as possible so it’s over with and back to the oblivion it came from already.

**** Battle Royale in games where it doesn’t belong.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I know it has a good story, but Fallout 4's Vault 81 quest is bs and I loathe it. If my companion or a robot following me gets bitten, then I shouldn't be infected. That's not how diseases work, unless Preston is secretly biting me when I'm not looking. I hate this quest.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DOA6 announced that they are toning down the sexuality in an effort to be taken seriously. They tried this in DOA5 and it sort of worked/failed.

So maybe they use the sexuality to be taken more seriously? you know actually being mature with the character's sexuality instead of the 12 year old trying to peep at playboy tone they had in the past games?

NG had potential with this because Ryu's future wife Irene is a CIA agent. There's potential for some sexy Mr and Mrs Smith action.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
really enjoy it when I hold L1 down for ten years before it actually switches my characters out, arcsys. glad you guys refuse to fix this after nearly 5 months of the game's release.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
No, not a thought, an angry rant. It shouldn't go in the thinking thread.

So here's the thing. I get a lot of the rumors I pass on to here from 4chan and they love DMC4. Not my favorite, I've mentioned that once or twice. When the DMC5 threads come up and I post my grievances with 4, like the repeating stages, boring stages, the dullest BGM in the series, Dante's outfit and tankish movement, and so on, they respond with a combi vid. Every time! And they act like they just won the argument. Those things don't mean squat. 3 million recorded sales and they think that every single person who bought and liked the game bothered to even learned what jump canceling was. The odd one to me is how many of them get po'd if you mention wanting a dodge button for V. When you ask why the hell not they pretty much go 'because you can already do this' and post a combo vid. No. You can do that. Most people neither can nor will ever care enough to try to do that, and if a game caters only to elitists tossers like yourselves they will literally sell only thousands, tens of thousands at best. Not a very financially sound approach.
4chan and NeoGAF (and yes, the respawn "ResetEra") are both (and all) dumpster fires, anyway. Just ignore those losers.

They just sit there, post a GIF, and then be lazy. That's just how they are. *rolleyes*

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
DMC5 hype is making people insufferable.

I already said I won't stand for people who hated the reboot suddenly being okay with the Westernized, urban aesthetic of this new DMC.
I already said it doesn't make any sense that Capcom's supposedly "making the DMC4 novel canon" when not many fans actually liked that novel for the following: sounding like fanfiction, contradicting actual events seen in the games, retconning director statements, being written by a freelancer, lack of international release for NA/EU audiences in the first place giving the novel a limited audience, more story-related things being revealed in other supplementary material anyway, it being a secondary source of canon rather than a mainline title, Capcom's own lack of care for secondary sources + the fact that more often than not they keep flat-out ignoring their own novels and pushing them firmly into non-canon territory except for a few, inconsequential details.
I already said I don't appreciate Capcom ripping from the retconned DMC1 novel even more than they already have in an effort to seem clever (the presence of a demonic tree, "Redgrave" City, a mysterious cloaked figure that's really just Vergil back from the dead).
I already said it doesn't make sense for Capcom to suddenly care about continuity enough to bring back non-Sparda/Rebellion/Yamato Devil Arms from past DMC games into mainline installments. They're five games too late for that. I haven't seen Alastor and Ifrit in a DMC game in 17 straight years. They keep replacing them with copies. Alastor and Agni and Rudra appeared in a Drama CD of the Anime, and that wasn't given English voicework either.
I already said I won't support Capcom's business practices with regards to anything DMC-related: after Pachislots, DMC4, DMC4SE and its microtransactions for people who hate playing videogames, and them holding the life of DMC5 ransom by dangling the Special Edition? I'm done. Fans were attempting to be vocal with their hatred of the reboot and their purchases of the DMC HD Collection. I may not have agreed with it, but they were trying to be as loud as possible.

So what exactly do people think I'm going to say when they come at me raving about how hyped they are for anything I just said I didn't agree with? Stop talking to me. Find someone who cares. There's plenty of people around for that.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC5 hype is making people insufferable.

I already said I won't stand for people who hated the reboot suddenly being okay with the Westernized, urban aesthetic of this new DMC.
I already said it doesn't make any sense that Capcom's supposedly "making the DMC4 novel canon" when not many fans actually liked that novel for the following: sounding like fanfiction, contradicting actual events seen in the games, retconning director statements, being written by a freelancer, lack of international release for NA/EU audiences in the first place giving the novel a limited audience, more story-related things being revealed in other supplementary material anyway, it being a secondary source of canon rather than a mainline title, Capcom's own lack of care for secondary sources + the fact that more often than not they keep flat-out ignoring their own novels and pushing them firmly into non-canon territory except for a few, inconsequential details.
I already said I don't appreciate Capcom ripping from the retconned DMC1 novel even more than they already have in an effort to seem clever (the presence of a demonic tree, "Redgrave" City, a mysterious cloaked figure that's really just Vergil back from the dead).
I already said it doesn't make sense for Capcom to suddenly care about continuity enough to bring back non-Sparda/Rebellion/Yamato Devil Arms from past DMC games into mainline installments. They're five games too late for that. I haven't seen Alastor and Ifrit in a DMC game in 17 straight years. They keep replacing them with copies. Alastor and Agni and Rudra appeared in a Drama CD of the Anime, and that wasn't given English voicework either.
I already said I won't support Capcom's business practices with regards to anything DMC-related: after Pachislots, DMC4, DMC4SE and its microtransactions for people who hate playing videogames, and them holding the life of DMC5 ransom by dangling the Special Edition? I'm done. Fans were attempting to be vocal with their hatred of the reboot and their purchases of the DMC HD Collection. I may not have agreed with it, but they were trying to be as loud as possible.

So what exactly do people think I'm going to say when they come at me raving about how hyped they are for anything I just said I didn't agree with? Stop talking to me. Find someone who cares. There's plenty of people around for that.
Geez. Can you calm down...?

The characters are demons on both sides of the coin, anyone can be brought back at any time if you really try to make sense of the story. I see two characters with justifiable returns. I don't even think we are done with Vergil in any storyline. Mundus? He's no more mysterious than the legend himself - Sparda. And even Sparda can return at any point.

I kinda liked DmC: Devil May Cry, but it has its own problems.

I want to see more novel stuff into the actual game, than you give it credit for. I didn't like the anime, or any of that "side story" crap, but hey, it's Devil May Cry, baby.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Geez. Can you calm down...?

I don't know what you expected from the ranting thinking thread or what you think you walked in on, but I am ranting about something that aggravates me. Don't like it, you can feel free to be hype someplace else. I'm talking about other people's behavior. Annoying fans are annoying and can't take "I'm not excited about this" as an answer or take their conversations to an appropriate audience. Not knowing who you're talking to or ignoring someone's lack of interest in a topic to keep talking at them more is called being a rude sh*t. Is that you, is that behavior something you get up to? Stop that nonsense.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't know what you expected from the ranting thinking thread or what you think you walked in on, but I am ranting about something that aggravates me. Don't like it, you can feel free to be hype someplace else. I'm talking about other people's behavior. Annoying fans are annoying and can't take "I'm not excited about this" as an answer or take their conversations to an appropriate audience. Not knowing who you're talking to or ignoring someone's lack of interest in a topic to keep talking at them more is called being a rude sh*t. Is that you, is that behavior something you get up to? Stop that nonsense.
Yes, I realize this is a ranting thread, but you sound bitter. Like nothing will calm you down. *shrugs*

I'm getting a negative vibe from your posts, but I guess you don't care. So, I guess its whatever. You want to be mad, be mad. If you want to be positive, then be positive, but right now? You're negative.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Yes, I realize this is a ranting thread, but you sound bitter. Like nothing will calm you down. *shrugs*

I'm getting a negative vibe from your posts, but I guess you don't care. So, I guess its whatever. You want to be mad, be mad. If you want to be positive, then be positive, but right now? You're negative.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah................ I began my post saying that I already made clear my opinions on DMC5 and Capcom in general-- as in, I stated these opinions once before, very straightforward that I am not the person to come to about support for Capcom and DMC5, and then mentioned that people still keep coming at me about the topic and ignoring my opinion on it as if I never said anything. I'm going to be negative about it. Do you understand how human responses work? None of what you had to say in your initial response was relevant to what I said, and this new reply of yours isn't either. Your direct response to my post was inappropriate: this thread is not about confronting people over negative opinions you don't like. People are negative. People will rant. People will be bitter about things. That's exactly what this thread is about.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah................ I began my post saying that I already made clear my opinions on DMC5 and Capcom in general-- as in, I stated these opinions once before, very straightforward that I am not the person to come to about support for Capcom and DMC5, and then mentioned that people still keep coming at me about the topic and ignoring my opinion on it as if I never said anything. I'm going to be negative about it. Do you understand how human responses work? None of what you had to say in your initial response was relevant to what I said, and this new reply of yours isn't either. Your direct response to my post was inappropriate: this thread is not about confronting people over negative opinions you don't like. People are negative. People will rant. People will be bitter about things. That's exactly what this thread is about.
*facepalms* Whatever. Be what you want.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Edit: Oh, thank the ****ing gods. the criteria has been met. That hour of going over the spreadsheet was, apparently, well spent.

Now let's just hope the outcome is favourable.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Legit, hayfever is trying to kill me. I think. Either way, it's not been this bad for a few years so it has taken me entirely by surprise. And I can't take pills for it because they clash with my meds and the home remedy of upping my vitamin C intake is just doing crap all.

Worst of it is, only one eye is swelling up. So basically I look like a deranged, snotfilled pirate.

Ugh

Top Bottom