• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Don't be that guy. Don't be that guy ****ing on what everyone else is excited about, just because you either aren't part of that fandom, or think most everyone seeing the movies are "fake fans", just because they weren't raised on the comics. Newsflash: not all of us were privileged enough to have access to them. Some of us are trying to make up for lost time by getting to know said characters, both through the cinematic universe, and through other source material. Some of us won't bother (what with those daunting, hundreds of thousands of comics out there), and guess what? That's okay, too.

People are allowed to enjoy whatever the hell they want, whether you think they "qualify" as fans or not. Last I checked, nobody has the damn authority to say otherwise. Get over yourself.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I realise it's been ten years since my gran's brother tried to crush my self-esteem and convince me I'm worthless as a writer and would never get anywhere, and, honestly, I should be over it. But I'm far too petty for that; f*** him.

I have to see him today for the first time in years and I'm not taking it graciously.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If you look at the inscriptions on the wall, you’ll see the giants refer to Kratos as Farbauti.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I can't believe she's still playing the victim. :rolleyes: Guess what, sweetheart? Your fifteen minutes are almost up, and when they are? You can kiss your career goodbye. There's no ****ing way in hell that trademark b.s. is gonna stick.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Judging from the ambiguous post, the loss of that person as a follower, the sudden spike on GR (not mine; still a ghost town) and the fact that of the three posts viewed on my Wordpress (all by one person in a specific country), one of the posts viewed had to do with reviewing/not drinking the Kool-Aid? Yeah, I think I've narrowed down part of (or perhaps two parts) of the reason the unfollow happened.

*Shrugs* Oops? >.> If the viewer is who I think it is, I didn't actually expect them to see it, since they never actually followed my blog to begin with. That said, it's not like I named names, either. I'd rather have integrity than bullshit for someone else's fragile ego.

Now the only question is, will there be more to this? Or is this the shoe dropping in its entirety? Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

+There. Maybe this way, the garbage will take itself out. Ain't nobody got time for your immature, passive-aggressive bullshit. Part of me is sorry, remembering that we used to be good friends once. The other part of me is tired of your crap. Either wake up, or **** off. I don't much care which.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why is it that us writers have "to muster up morale/courage/strength just to write?" Like why is writing/editing such a struggle? Why can't we just write and have fun and make something with it? Why do we over think plots in a foolish attempt to make our stories special? It's usually "good vs evil" in some form or another so why rack out brains over this?
Why damn it, why?!

DDutchguy

DmC hype
The summer (well, technically it's still spring but whatever) always tricks me into liking it. First few weeks when winter starts blowing over are nice, but once the sun really starts to get going you've got nights where you can't sleep because it's feels like it's 80 degrees Celsius and your body is basically melting. Give me winter any time, I'd take cold and a bit of darkness over sweating my ass off for three to four months straight.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The summer (well, technically it's still spring but whatever) always tricks me into liking it. First few weeks when winter starts blowing over are nice, but once the sun really starts to get going you've got nights where you can't sleep because it's feels like it's 80 degrees Celsius and your body is basically melting. Give me winter any time, I'd take cold and a bit of darkness over sweating my ass off for three to four months straight.

We're part of a rare breed, it seems. I'm pretty sure I'd get lynched around here (not the forums, where I live) if I came right out and said I dislike summer. ^^;

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@DDutchguy @Rebel Dynasty I loathe summer. Or...I loathe Arizona summer. It's already in the triple digits. I'm burning alive even with the AC on. We haven't even gotten to the monsoons yet, during which nature will attempt to drown us with water warm enough for a bath. And all around me people are chorusing "It's not so bad, yet...it's not even 115 (about 46C) yet." Summer is terrible. -is definitely on your team-

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hi guys: I don’t need to be telling anyone this, but I’ve been a part of this community for long enough now, and I appreciate and respect everyone so I’m just going to let you all know.

Well, this is going back to before Christmas (November to be exact). Me and the Fiancée were trying for a baby, and she fell pregnant. Long story short it wasn’t in the right place (ectopic), so during December and January we were back and forth to the hospital getting it all sorted out. Needless to say the worst experience of my life, and well, of course logging on here wasn’t on my mind at the time (naturally) so I stayed away for months and months and didn’t think I’d actually come back on here to be truthful with you.

The only members that I spoke to about this were the staff, just to let them know why I’d be inactive. They were incredibly supportive and understanding as I knew and expected they would be.

I didn’t owe it to anyone to explain my absence or my personal life, but this place has been a big part of me for almost 10 years now and that’s a very long time. I just thought it was the right thing to do just letting you all know I would never abandon this place without sufficient reason.

Love you guys <3

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Hi guys: I don’t need to be telling anyone this, but I’ve been a part of this community for long enough now, and I appreciate and respect everyone so I’m just going to let you all know.

Well, this is going back to before Christmas (November to be exact). Me and the Fiancée were trying for a baby, and she fell pregnant. Long story short it wasn’t in the right place (ectopic), so during December and January we were back and forth to the hospital getting it all sorted out. Needless to say the worst experience of my life, and well, of course logging on here wasn’t on my mind at the time (naturally) so I stayed away for months and months and didn’t think I’d actually come back on here to be truthful with you.

The only members that I spoke to about this were the staff, just to let them know why I’d be inactive. They were incredibly supportive and understanding as I knew and expected they would be.

I didn’t owe it to anyone to explain my absence or my personal life, but this place has been a big part of me for almost 10 years now and that’s a very long time. I just thought it was the right thing to do just letting you all know I would never abandon this place without sufficient reason.

Love you guys <3
Sounds horrible. Like Miscarriage horrible. :unsure:

You have a worse life than me nowdays. My mom decided it was a great ****ing idea to move from California to Alabama. :sleep: I am knee deep into business, that I want to grow not as just a person, but also as a professional. This whole thing, is just one big bullshit. She doesn't understand anything I say, or have any faith in me, doesn't believe in me enough to keep going. Just assumes that I won't be able to be successful. She wants to buy a house to set me up for life, but I could do that "when" I become a person with a high net worth. I am ambitious, and I want to go far in life.

Also, the new Thundercats is bullshit. TV studios need to stop destroying my childhood memories. ****ing piece of ****s.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
All these whiners bitching about women being in Battlefield V should just, like, think about enjoying the game, stop getting so political over a videogame, take it easy and shut the **** up.
I say the same, and this is what I said in the other thread...
I didn't see it as a "totally" accurate interpretation of WW2. Instead, I saw it as Bad Company 3, which is what people have been begging EA/D.I.C.E for. I think EA/D.I.C.E. is combining the ideals of the BFBC series, with the numbered Battlefield series to create one awesome game. Rumor is that a Battle Royale mode is being built into BF5, but so far, we haven't seen that, yet.

I also saw it as lots of customization, and a few YouTubers are saying as much, here's JackFrags...

You can customize everything from character(s), to weapons, to VEHICLES. YES, your ****ing tanks. :cool: It's also worth noting, that Drift0r and other YouTuber(s) touched on why the "woman" gender is in the game...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Why does Kevin have to abandon me at work tomorrow??

All the fun people will be at the County Show. I'll be in the shop, wishing I was at the County Show taking the mick out of wealthy idiots with guns and stupid coats...

DDutchguy

DmC hype
All these whiners bitching about women being in Battlefield V should just, like, think about enjoying the game, stop getting so political over a videogame, take it easy and shut the **** up.

I just don't get the issue really. Most people that are against it probably think they did it to fill a female quota (if so what'd be wrong with that if it doesn't end up hurting the game in any way), but they're forgetting about the equally possible case that they put a woman in just because they wanted to.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I just don't get the issue really. Most people that are against it probably think they did it to fill a female quota (if so what'd be wrong with that if it doesn't end up hurting the game in any way), but they're forgetting about the equally possible case that they put a woman in just because they wanted to.
The problem is the toxic users - the stupid SJW's that cry wolf for women. This trailer also brought out the hashtag "FakeSocialJustice" to fight against the fake outrage. I liked the trailer, but not the event itself. EA made some users (like myself), wait 2 hours, and spent 1 hour talking about Battlefield V - Only then, to get a SINGLE Trailer of the game. Not 5 trailers like, I dunno, the Black Ops 4 event? Have they learned nothing?

Electronic Arts and D.I.C.E. doesn't understand marketing. When you're EA/D.I.C.E., your job is to 1up your competition. That BFV reveal was for me a "two steps forward, one step backwards" thing.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
The problem is the toxic users - the stupid SJW's that cry wolf for women.
Could you explain this a bit more and how it relates to the inclusion of a female main character not being a good thing?

EA made some users (like myself), wait 2 hours, and spent 1 hour talking about Battlefield V - Only then, to get a SINGLE Trailer of the game. Not 5 trailers like, I dunno, the Black Ops 4 event? Have they learned nothing?
I get that it's annoying to sit through something like that, but it only being one trailer doesn't need to be a bad thing per se. Sure it's less than what Black Ops 4 got, but as far as I know one trailer is the standard for most events. In any case, I was talking more about the women situation in the trailer. If the community feels like the trailer/event itself sucked I can understand the BF V dislike more.

Top Bottom