• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Lani

I fking hate group work with a passion. I never had a problem before but this semester I get stuck in a group where 3 aholes did absolutely no work and one who did like maybe 5 percent. And one of the three aholes just messaged me to ask if anyones done anything cause our project is due tomorrow. Oh if thoughts could kill man:mad:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh if thoughts could kill man:mad:
tumblr_mdfybfvfUM1r5paieo1_500.gif

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Kids screaming about more and more bs and I'm just like...ugh, idk. I'm so done. Tired of censoring myself for people my life was probably better without before. I shouldn't have to apologize for being offended by something someone said to me. I stfg some of these people are old enough to know better, too. Acting like children because "oh, no, this one thing that is totally private and doesn't effect me at all is ew so no one else anywhere is allowed to like it". I mean, f you. It doesn't affect your life in any way, shape, or form, so get over yourself. I really don't give a s*** and don't want to listen to it.

(Not directed at anyone here, of course, just bringing it up because it was truly a subject that is completely and utterly meaningless compared to actual world issues. And that subject is literally fanfiction. Yes, serious. Someone wrote a friggen essay screaming about something in fanfiction/shipping and I just...please shut up. I don't care. There was also some other stuff, but I don't think it's forum appropriate so let's just pretend all half-dozen b****fits I saw today were fanfiction related. Yeah.)

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
(SPOILERS FOR STRANGER THINGS 2)

Why was Kali's gang the first thing we see in the season when they only show up in one episode that's towards the end? When I saw the 008 on her arm I figured the whole season revolved around the first 10 number people from the lab reuniting or something, but that ended up having nothing to do with anything? Why have the hook at the beginning of the season have no relevance to the rest of it?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I see that scummy Physical Education teacher is still blackmailing her students into attending her husband's training sessions (obviously charging and in the early afternoon, when they should be studying) in order to get a grade of 8 or higher. Such a piece of ****, I remember that bitch ****ing up my average.

----------

Feeling lonely.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
So I turn on my laptop, and it says:

"Your system is repairing itself."

I think: "ah, this must be referring to the fact that the battery is stuck at 1% and can't charge any higher. Glad it's fixing this."

Then the "repair" finishes.

My wallpaper is gone, all of my saved photos are gone, I'm logged out of every site, and the battery still won't charge.

At least the wallpaper and saved images were restored a couple minutes later, but come on, what was the repair?!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
An acquaintance once told me I had commitment issues. That was related to my love life but now I'm thinking that affects all areas of my life. So maybe the restlessness i feel is a sign that I should think about what i really want? Or what i can do to get it?

I can't fix everything but i can start with something.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
CPAP machine.

I hate you.

I have never been more tired than I am now since I started using this stupid machine.

Sound like Darth Vader, look like a Dalek, feel like crap.

Henceforth, this machine shall no longer be known as CPAP but rather CRAP.

Not the first to call it that and won't be the last. But it's a fitting name for a diabolical piece of Skynet evil.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Band-related rant stuff:

Dude, I may not know much about that particular band, but given that the lead singer you preferred surrendered that position three years ago to become the band's manager instead, I can't wrap my head around why you're only bashing the current lead singer now. It's either you are new to liking the band, and have been listening to their music in chronological order, just to realize the vocal change (in which maybe you should do your bloody research before triggering) or you're a fan that's been out of the loop for the past few years (in which the previously mentioned stipulation should still be followed).

And bashing? I mean, really...why do so many people take it personally when singers change, and why do they always heap the blame on the new singer, like they had any choice in what the previous singer decided? o_O If you don't like her voice, fine--but don't act like she's personally responsible for the choices made by the other band mates. Sometimes people just move on; sometimes it's health complications; sometimes (as with Xandria) it's because the band fails to be good to their singers.

Whatever the reason, it's guaranteed it has nothing to do with the new singer. *Shakes head* Reminds me of how ****y people got when Roy Khan left Kamelot, and went out of their way to pick apart Tommy Karevik for "acting" like Khan in the videos--never once thinking it was less a Khan thing, and more of a, "the videos between vocalists were directed by the same person with a flair for the dramatic" things.

As usual, people get uppity over some of the most inane ****. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Wow. Once again I get patronized by someone who clearly mistook the purpose behind me dropping a message on their profile (DA).

1. I didn't ask you if you'd be posting excerpts on the site; I said I'd be sure to check out your work if/when it was published (including if it already was--as in feel free to promote your work; I'm always looking for more reading material).

2. I said nothing about seeking feedback, and being told to go to AbsoluteWrite to find it is ****ing laughable, since A) I was a member of that site early in WoN's development, and found far too many elitists there unwilling to branch outside of their cliques, and B) As I'm publishing this bitch next year, feedback would be pretty ****ing moot at this point. :meh:

Again--why? Why say either of those things, when the comment was simply "I love your profile page, and a fellow writer, besides? Cheers!" I get that some people have ulterior motives, but unless it's heavily implied they want something from you, don't ****ing jump to conclusions. I was only there 'cause you gave me a frigging Llama to begin with (which always spikes my curiosity as to whether it's someone trying to promote themselves, or someone who's genuinely looked over my page and liked what they saw--it's usually the former).

Anyway, I digress...I frigging hate when people talk down to me like that.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Insomnia and a tum bug have combined to keep me up all night, feeling sick...and I have a dentist appointment in an hour...that I've already rescheduled once, so.... :unsure:

Edit: Well. I've been told that I doesn't matter if I "don't want to go" (because being nauseous and fingers in your mouth don't mix), I have no choice but to go. ...this should be interesting....

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

You know, I can respect the excuse that since some politics are related to business a BUS101 professor can rant about politics a little every class.
I take exception when the professor takes 45mins out of our 75mins of class just ranting about politics only vaguely related to businesses. And then gets angry and offended that someone would be "arrogant" enough to ask a question about the actual subject.

I don't go to Business class to learn about things related to business; I go to learn about how businesses work.
Yet here I am, stuck listening to someone whine and moan about how "terrified" he is for millennials and trying to convince us that we should be terrified too.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Despite ctitics reviews and of the like, I'm still very much excited for Justice League this Saturday. I just hate that Marvel can make as many mediocre films as they want and no one bats an eye. This isn't even me talking as a DC fan, there movies really are subpar save a few, but because of that branding name, its nothing but goddamn perfect scores all around.
Just ****es me off for so long.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people do reaction videos to something they clearly know little to nothing about?

Yes, dude. Gil's an asshole. He's supposed to be: that's what antagonists do best. But that aside, the series revolves around battle to the death--if you're going to be affronted he killed someone, at least be consistently affronted by every other character death spanning the series. Funny how no one seemed to care that Tokiomi was willing to kill him to get the Grail in Zero...but their brand of cherry-picking hypocrisy is none of my business. :rolleyes:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people do reaction videos to something they clearly know little to nothing about?

Yes, dude. Gil's an asshole. He's supposed to be: that's what antagonists do best. But that aside, the series revolves around battle to the death--if you're going to be affronted he killed someone, at least be consistently affronted by every other character death spanning the series. Funny how no one seemed to care that Tokiomi was willing to kill him to get the Grail in Zero...but their brand of cherry-picking hypocrisy is none of my business. :rolleyes:
Aye, I feel that too. People often also complain about Gil's sexist attitude. I'm like dude, he was summoned from 3000 years ago, I don't think he'll be the shining example of progressive thinking. :bored:

Top Bottom