• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't get the clothing thing. I just don't. It feels kind of political in motive?

Baby clothes have had a so-called gender neutral range for a really long time and certain kids clothes like some stuff from Gap have always been for either girls or boys. But do kids need to be gender neutralised? Who is this for, exactly?

I have zero relatability to the gender neutral/fluid subject as it's not something I have personally experienced, nor do I know anyone with it as a part of their life, so maybe that's why I don't understand it?

I mean, are there no longer recognised fundamental differences between boys and girls? Even from a anatomical standpoint?

Tl;dr I'm confused and I can't afford John Lewis anyway so it really doesn't affect me.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I mean, are there no longer recognised fundamental differences between boys and girls? Even from a anatomical standpoint?
This so much. I still remember the day my mother got mine and my sister's trousers mixed up and I didn't notice until I was dying to use the toilet only to find there was no front zipper. What happened next wasn't pleasant... :unsure:

Viper

Premium
@Lain
Your mother and you both being absentminded while dressing you has nothing to do with removing gender categories from the store, she didn't buy you a pair of girl's pants, you said it yourself she gave you one from your sister. And frankly, if neither of you noticed lack of zipper in front, then a tiny label inside wouldn't have done the trick either.
Btw, why didn't you just pull your pants a little down in front? How do you pee when wearing sweatpants?

@Angel
Clothes in many places are still very much divided by gender, girls get certain colors that boys don't and vice versa. Same with cartoon characters, girls get stuff like Frozen, Minnie Mouse, Disney princesses... while boys get Marvel heroes, Bob the Builder, Ninja Turtles, etc. I don't have an example for clothes in specific, but there was a line of stickers for kids to collect through store points, only they were separated by gender, Ninja Turtles for boys and Frozen for girls, with a lot of weird looks from the store clerks if you attempted to get one for the opposite gender, showing just how far did this segregation go, with kids not being allowed to show what they really like in public.
So yeah, I salute freedom of choice, even if in another country, gender category is just commodity, you can still go home with the right stuff if you measure your kid and pay attention to details, like so many mothers did in old days.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Feeling pretty despicable right now. I don't know what's worse:

1) The mixture of disdain and jealousy that 11 months later, she's already got proofs and is talking about a January 2018 release (when I've been working on mine for nearly 4 years, and likely won't release it until after the 4th anniversary).

Or

2) The fact that I've congratulated her when all I can think is, "Yeah, most of your friends will give you five-star reviews, but just wait until someone impartial comes along and reads it."

Petty, I know. Trust me, I know. I don't like myself right now. But I'm having a hard time believing the hot mess I read short months ago has been polished so much that it's actually ready for publication.

I mean, yeah I wanted her to have a wake-up call, but I was kind of hoping it would happen before she put herself out there, y'know?

I hope for her sake it really has improved that much... :unsure:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Do not go into my room without my express permission."

Is that really such a hard rule to follow? And yet because you not only went into my room but started mucking about, my bookshelves and CD racks have fallen over and a bunch of my stuff is now scattered on the floor, making it look like an earthquake had happened. And to make matters worse, you didn't even have the guts to fess up about it until after I discovered my room and confronted you about it.

:meh:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't get the clothing thing. I just don't. It feels kind of political in motive?

I think it absolutely is.

I have zero relatability to the gender neutral/fluid subject as it's not something I have personally experienced, nor do I know anyone with it as a part of their life, so maybe that's why I don't understand it?

There's people with an actual disease that needs treating out there, and there's people who have politicized that and tacked it on the end of the idea of gender neutral expression in clothing and hairstyles and stuff like that. I don't understand "gender fluidity" myself in the slightest but I do know trans folk out there are already roughly 1% or less of all people on the earth, the actual truly "gender fluid" ones that swing between strongly mentally identifying male one day or female another are even rarer, probably 5% - 10% or less of that <1%. For such a tiny proportion of people, there is no justification to mess with the clothing departments of the rest of society just to please them. It's political in my view, having hijacked the "trans cause" to push it, and I don't like that they have. (By they I mean the activists and the people wanting this... which often isn't trans people themselves).

Sure, there's some people out there who feel men should be able to dress like women and vice versa without any criticism from society, but that's kind of a separate issue from medical gender fluidity in itself. If they want to do that, then by all means they can go sport a skirt along with facial hair for all I care.... people are probably going to look at 'em weird and they may not like that, but you can't force acceptance. I don't like how the medical issue of gender has been conflated in the media and social sphere at large with this idea we should do away with gender altogether. There's a simple test to find out who actually is gender fluid and who's in it for the "social justice" - one will tell you being gender fluid is awful, stressful, confusing and mentally exhausting... and the other will tell you it's great and fun and wonderful and we should all be working toward a gender-free society. Because any sort of social structure that exists already must be dismantled, right comrades?

I don't think society's broke in this respect so I don't think it needs fixing. Your son wants to wear pink? fine, let him.. and teach him to ignore what people say. He'll be mentally healthier and stronger for it than for needing all of society to accept and praise him, or to require validation from everyone he meets. But I suspect the motivation behind it is from SJWs, not non-binary types. After all, what do babies care what they wear? They seem to be wanting to push this on parents.

Places like John Lewis probably just think it's a smart financial choice to follow their lead. I think they're going to be surprised just how many people are ambivalent, but will go elsewhere when you try to shove an agenda down their throats.

They'd like for that to be the case but as far as I'm concerned (after doing that biology degree in 2000) they are full of it. They're trying to make it offensive to state the facts, and the stats that back them up, which is not only ridiculous, but dangerous.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
I had to literally come behind and slam the door on a traveling saleswoman for an alternative power company cause the old geezer I call my father started again one of his never-ending attempts to fervently explain his views on why that company is ****, while not realizing she will never have that enlightenment he is trying to accomplish, cause she already knows this stuff. You don't have to believe in something to sell it, you just have to believe in money. And then I got yelled at for butting in.
Jfc, does the whole building need to know you are an annoying, stubborn idiot?

Viper

Premium
Some guy wrote: "This older game is total **** cause it has terrible gameplay".
What it actually means: "I'm an idiot that failed to put it in the context of the time it came out. I also can't adjust to different styles of playing."

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yeeaaah...dude, that's seriously not the kind of thing you say lightly. At the very least, it makes you look like a melodramatic douche; at the very most, it makes you look like an insensitive prick to everyone who's done something like that out of grief or coping, or knows someone who has lost their lives to it.

Either way, not a good look.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Cat logic:
"My lil sis is being really annoying and won't leave me alone, so, obviously, I must bite her neck until she calms the f down."

Gdi, guys.....

Edit: I just realized this sounds like Stilts is trying to murder Rosie, but he's not hurting her. He just kinda held her there like mama cats do when disciplining their babies. She wasn't hurt (just kinda wet with drool) and he wasn't aggressive, it just gave me a minor heart attack.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Currently laughing my ass off at how full of **** some people are. No, but seriously: I've had the sample chapters--all effing five of them--up since April. In that time, dude has read up to the second half of Chapter One, and hasn't touched it since May. I remove them and explain that I have through a status, and bam! Suddenly he was, "going to read them tonight". Like I was ****ing born yesterday. :rolleyes: If I hadn't said anything, you wouldn't have even noticed, so cut the crap.

I mean, ffs--I wasn't twisting your arm to read it in the first place; don't do me any favours, just because I took the time to read more than half of yours. I need a pity read like I need to step on a roomful of Lego.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So you tell me you have a really important phone call for me about a job prospect today. I sit by the phone all throughout the morning and afternoon waiting, not even going to the toilet... and you don't call me at all!

Dammit, I even cancelled a meeting today so that I could take this call! :mad:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My neighbour's adult son appears to fly into psychotic rages, trashing their whole apartment. I can hear him again from here, smashing glass. Except before I wasn't sure what that regular crashing noise was, and now I know.

Is it too much to ask to rent from actual decent people and live next to regular people? I knew I was going to miss the old guy who lived there before. He was the one in a string of nutcases and party animals who've lived here who was genuinely quiet. Not that he ever helped clean the communal hall at any point (none of them ever have in 8 years)... but you can't have everything I guess.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I see literature professors still like to use that quote from Dead Poets Society to diss science, implying only literary subjects are worth making the purpose of your life.
What, you think a physician's desire to try and discover as much as possible about the universe we live in is worthless? Or a medic's vocation to save lives? Get outta here.

Top Bottom