• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Nier: Automata, for the most part, has some pretty good character designs.

But Eve's design at the end of Route A looks so friggin' awful!

It looks like a creepypasta character or something!

Why did Platinum look at it and go "yes this deserves to be in anything, let's go with it" and didn't shoot it down?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You know that part in Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged, where Walter says to Yan Valentine, "And everything you say just ****es me off"?

That's precisely how I've been feeling toward a certain someone for the past year. :meh:

And no, it's nobody from the forums.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm...I dunno if this counts as a rant but...

I feel like massive cash cows can ruin franchises. Not naming names, but I used to love a certain company that made Novels and VNs. The anime adaptations of their works were also pretty good because the head writer of the company often got involved. But all that changed in the last ten years when one of their series blew up in popularity and suddenly we were flooded with adaptations of that one work, prequels, video games and an Android iOS game.

And now all of the company's resources are being diverted into milking said cash cow to the point that the company's other projects has been stuck in development for just over 9 years - coincidentally the same time as when said cash cow became popular. :meh:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I went to work today on what's supposed to be my only day off in the week. I said I'd go in because my boss wanted to hold a meeting with us regarding our hours. I was told before that I might be able to start there full time which would mean I could give up my other job (no more 5am starts...Woo). But after waiting about 2 and a half hours for him to turn up I'm then told something completely different. What I'm told is that all of our hours are being cut down (drastically). In turn this not only means no full time, but I'm still going to have to keep my other job. My dilemma is that even if I do keep my other job I still won't be able to start at 6am (which is also when they want us to start now). So either way I'm not going to be able to hold onto what I have now so I'm financially unstable. And I had to go in on my day off to be told all this.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You know what I'm tired of? Every Autumn, as soon as Pumpkin Spice anything comes out, you get the whole bandwagon of passive-aggressive a-holes calling people who like Pumpkin Spice "basic bitches".

Yes, because as we ALL know, your choice of beverage defines you as a person. :rolleyes: It doesn't matter that the chick you're calling a basic bitch also likes hot chocolate, apple cider, and various teas and coffees, too. It doesn't matter that she might also be a super nerd when it comes to geology, astronomy, literature, or science; it doesn't matter that she probably adores horror, watches anime, is a gamer, a gymnast, a hockey player, or is starved for deep, meaningful conversations. As soon as she likes one effing drink, you've got her pegged--because you're just that smart, aren't you?

Gods, people infuriate me.

Goldsickle

I am still coming across idiots who seriously believed that Capcom wanted Resident Evil 6 to attract Call Of Duty fans.

Gaming news is a good source for the latest info but you can't read them blindly.
If the article you are reading comes from a source, ignore the very page you're viewing and go straight for the source instead.
Mirror articles tend to stray out of context or misquote game developers, giving people the wrong idea.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Twitter has decided to lock me out of my account for no reason, and now refuses to send a verification code to my phone.

Update: Twitter has returned my account, and I didn't even have to do the code thing.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
ninjabm-720x1026.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Getting seriously ****ed off by the double standards at work. The manager of the store had a go at someone for giving their work colleague a hug. He told her "You're not here to hug, you're here to work". So the woman practically walked out and quit. Then just the other day one of the duty managers was out on the shop floor giving one of the other women a hug and I just though "Are you ****ing serious?".

Not just that but the lady in charge of health and safety and such in our store was shouting her head off at a young lad in her office for something he'd done wrong. The next minute she's out in the warehouse messing around and not wearing a high-vis jacket.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Your child is horrendous.

Own it.

I know my kids are gits sometimes and I take that and discipline them when need be.

Blaming your kid's bad behaviour on tiredness, emotional issues or hunger is bollards. She's horrible and she spat in my car. Hell yeah I'm going to tell her she'd better not do it again.

Blah...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Why does everyone have to always assume the length I like my hair is because that's how I feel "pretty"? I mean, the f***ing joke's on you, I don't feel pretty no matter how my hair is. Pretty's not even a factor here. If I can't braid my hair or do random things to it whenever I feel like it, I don't like my hair. Me not wanting to lose nearly a foot of length off my hair has less to do with how attractive I find myself and more to do with the fact that I won't be able to do weird up dos at 3am because I felt like it. Stop trying to keep me from figuring out how to make something with 20 braids would work just because you think I'd look better with shorter hair.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
People are ****ing idiots. Okay, so just because she got glammed up to do a photoshoot, she's "not a real gamer"? How do you people function on a day-to-day basis? No seriously, I want to know: I mean, one would think you'd make the connection she was modelling for the picture, showcasing a series of things she likes--including gaming--without assuming she's not a gamer just because she's wearing some stockings, heels, and has long nails.

It's. A ****ing. Picture. I guarantee when she's not modelling for the pic, she looks like anyone else gaming.

People seriously need to get over themselves and shove their jealousy/judgmental BS up their asses. >.>

Oh, and the picture in question, for anyone curious: https://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Gamer-167025410

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I get tired of folks ragging on Sonic games and so I went back and played the first level of every "main" Sonic game. Here is what I as a fan concluded.

Sonic 1: (Original version) Why can't I Spin Dash? God this game has not aged well.

Sonic 2: (Original version) My 1st game so many memories. Oh Man Emerald Hill and Chemical Plant Zones are great... And now I'm bored... Super Sonic is so cool!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: This game is perfect! Hyper Sonic is 16 bit-sex!

Sonic CD: (Original version) That opening animation is awesome. I like saying "future" now.

Sonic Adventure DX DC: Opening Animation is actual good sex. But kind of just there.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: A good game with a great soundtrack.

Sonic Heroes: (GameCube ver.) Underappreciated gem.

Shadow the Hedgehog: A lot happening on screen. Shadow is always cool.

Sonic 06: The running segments aren't as bad as I remembered.

Sonic Unleashed: (360 Ver.) Got damn this game looks and sounds great.

Sonic Colors: Super Sonic kind of kills the game's fun. The game was made for Wisps.

Sonic Generations: (360 ver.) So. Much. Content!

Sonic 4 Ep1: Bass music to the max!

Sonic 4 Ep2 and Ep Metal: I need to play those games.

Sonic Lost World: (3DS ver) Gives me a headache. Stop spinning!

Sonic Boom: I should play that game.

Sonic Mania: Fun. OmG it's that unused enemy bunny!

Sonic Forces: My body is ready for you.

Moral of the story?

"Where is that damn 4th Chaos Emerald?!"

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hey, MS, where the f*** do you get off selling a headset that's meant to be for X-1...but can only be used if I buy a f***ing adapter to use it? I bought this headset cuz I'm broke and it's cheap, not because I wanna spend a bunch more money.

Top Bottom