• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Foxtrot94 @Dante's Stalker Can we at least agree that being more primitive doesn't necessarily make them inferior, either? Just throwing in my two cents. :) Yeah, I agree that they aren't better, but I also don't think humans are all that special, either. Higher brain function is both gift and curse where our species is concerned; there are days I'd love to have the simple life of pretty much any other beastie than the high-speed, high-stress life of a human being.

The long and the short of it? This is how I see things; we're not superior to them. We're not inferior, either. All creatures have their pros and cons, and as the supposedly more intelligent species on the planet (hey, I have reason to think otherwise now and again) our role is one of stewardship. In essence, I'm not one of these self-absorbed people thinking, "They're here for my use". No, they're here to provide an ecological balance, same as we are.

But yeah, anyone who gets killed by a domesticated cat is not long for this world. ._.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Higher brain function is both gift and curse where our species is concerned; there are days I'd love to have the simple life of pretty much any other beastie

I assume that you mean beastie as in, our pets. Cause whatever stressful things your life may be filled with, I can't imagine you actually wanting to trade it with the hellish one of a wild animal, always in a kill or be killed situation. :nailbiting:

In that case, LOL, sometimes I too would like a pet's life. Just sleep, eat, drink and screw. But then I think that there would be no videogames, and *gasp*. :eek:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I assume that you mean beastie as in, our pets. Cause whatever stressful things your life may be filled with, I can't imagine you actually wanting to trade it with the hellish one of a wild animal, always in a kill or be killed situation. :nailbiting:

Lol, of course! :laugh: The "I'm safe, well-fed, and can nap at any time of day" crowd seems a good place to be. :wink: Gods, I'd never want to deal with the constant fear the feral variety go through. O_O This is one of those things where the dude you were arguing against (or watching the video of?) is a complete numpty. We have a lot going for us; shelter from the elements and all of the bigger predators being only a couple. Not having to hunt down our next meal (well, save for the impoverished) being another.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This is one of those things where the dude you were arguing against (or watching the video of?) is a complete numpty. We have a lot going for us; shelter from the elements and all of the bigger predators being only a couple. Not having to hunt down our next meal (well, save for the impoverished) being another.

Well he meant more in the sense of skills and abilities rather than our comfortable lifestyle. Which doesn't change much, since our comfortable lifestyle was reached thanks to our considerable set of skills that no other creature has. So yeah he's still a numpty. LOL

Viper

Premium
In that case, LOL, sometimes I too would like a pet's life. Just sleep, eat, drink and screw. But then I think that there would be no videogames, and *gasp*. :eek:
Hehe... as if, most pets get sterilized, not just to prevent unwanted growth of population, but also to prevent hormones from making the males aggressive. You'd barely be into teenage years and your nuts would already be chopped off.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hehe... as if, most pets get sterilized, not just to prevent unwanted growth of population, but also to prevent hormones from making the males aggressive. You'd barely be into teenage years and your nuts would already be chopped off.

Well it's obvious I meant one of those pets who don't get sterilized, either cause their owner take pity or whatever other reason. XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love my spawn dearly, I really do, but I have this compulsion to just record the sounds in my house right now. So that next time somebody tries to hassle me about my kids (not that anyone ever has, I think the vibe I give is enough to make them STFU and look the other way), or tries to manipulate me into buying/paying for some or the other charity that helps children in need, I can just take out my phone and tell them to listen to the clip.
You have a tone-deaf autistic child that is humming in various levels of volume, nonstop. You also have another child who hums off-tune and randomly bursts into microphone-amplified lyrics at random. AND. Let's not forget the child who actually can sing and carry a tune, also humming and singing in alternate fashion, at the top of his voice because he has no volume control. All together. All. The. Time.
Then tell me how the hell my two dollars will benefit someone else's children when I can't even afford to buy myself a set of mufflers. Sorry, I feel for those kids, but MY kids need me to STAY SANE for their sake. It's not like I'm going to go out and buy them a new toy with those two dollars.

People really have no idea.

In the meanwhile. Telling the guy at the cashier who is advocating strongly that these children have nothing going for them, that I have my own four kids to care for and no don't worry I don't feel bad or guilty for not putting anything into the charity, will have to suffice. Two people before me put in. It's not like the charity is absolutely depending on my money. FFS. Prick.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I hate this Creators Update Win10 forced on everyone. My com was totally fine, but, after sitting through the update for THREE HOURS against my will, it's crashed twice and I can no longer adjust the screen brightness. As someone who easily gets migraines from bright and/or flashing lights, it really p*sses me the f*** off that my com screen is stuck on the brightest setting with no way to turn it down. I've tried every single supposed "fix" online and nothing is working and I haven't written in a week and I want to utterly destroy someone for this. The only thing I can think to do is revert the OS to a previous version, but then there's no telling just what I'll lose and I'll probably be forced to sit through this Avo-forsaken update again.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Angel It was pretty awful. And lots of raging happened. I ended up reverting to the previous version of Win10 after it made Steam stop working. Everything seems to be working fine now. I don't understand why MS keeps putting out such shoddy updates, but I'd definitely say wait on the Creators Update if you're in anyway apprehensive about it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So nice to know that that Vietnamese site is still lifting stories through a backdoor in Wattpad's security. >.> I just hope they aren't making a buck off of it...

Viper

Premium
A British chain of stores removed "boy" and "girl" label from children's clothes, and switched it for "unisex", mixing all the clothes on the shelves in attempt to remove the idea that you are limited to clothes approved for your gender. Both under the article and the video people just whine how it's going to make parents confused. What, they might accidentally buy their son a dress now? Different sizes can't be the excuse, I have pants labeled with same size, but different way of fitting. I also have men's clothing and can approximately tell if something will fit or not. Besides, kids grow so fast there is no point in remembering one size.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
A British chain of stores removed "boy" and "girl" label from children's clothes, and switched it for "unisex", mixing all the clothes on the shelves in attempt to remove the idea that you are limited to clothes approved for your gender. Both under the article and the video people just whine how it's going to make parents confused. What, they might accidentally buy their son a dress now? Different sizes can't be the excuse, I have pants labeled with same size, but different way of fitting. I also have men's clothing and can approximately tell if something will fit or not. Besides, kids grow so fast there is no point in remembering one size.

@ the stores: nice! :thumbsup:

@ the parents: seriously? It's not that hard to tell clothing apart, anyway. And what's wrong with boys in a dress? If girls can wear trousers, then why can't boys wear dresses? It used to be common for young boys to wear dresses(until Freud convinced everyone little boys wanted to bang their moms and that stopped it) and it's only fabric. Clothes don't change anything about you. 'Sides, most boys look better in dresses than I do, so.... That could be because most fashion designers don't seem to understand how women are shaped, but whatever.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That sounds to me like it will actually confuse people.

Removing the labels will still have parents asking where the boys or girls sections are, I bet. I'm kinda bemused lately with the way all this stuff's going. Removing gender on government forms, Xe and Xir, and now removing labels on clothes. Sounds to me like a few people out there want to do away with the idea of gender entirely.

Guys in dresses isn't all that new yeah... wasn't there one in a skirt in the first episode of TNG way back? It just didn't "catch on" much.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't even know where to start on this one. With 'children's clothes' do they mean only for small kids under 5? Because you know what, my 6 year old son wouldn't fit in a dress made for a 6 year old girl, which is what they mean when they say parents will get confused. A T-shirt for a boy age 5 might be too baggy for a girl age 5. Or if boys were so inclined to go for the pinkest thing in store, it would be far too small or too tight in certain regions even if it is the right age range.

Also, this is a good thing to know so I don't waste my time trying to shop for my kids in Britain. I have a hard enough time finding the right 'age' and 'size' for my kids where I live, as it is, without the added complication of which gender it's implied for. Samoans and Maori kids are giants compared to the pakeha kids.

Viper

Premium
@Dante's Stalker
I can't speak for every store, I obviously don't go into the children's clothes section so often, but clothes here ain't separated by ages, just sizes. If a boy wants to have something pink, but is too large for girls clothes in his age range, why not look into higher category? These days it's usually all the same stuff anyway, it just has less cartoon characters for bigger kids.
I was always a tall kid until others caught up in teenage years, age category wouldn't help my mother in any way.

Forgot to add, until they hit puberty, boys and girls of same height and same weight have literally the same body shape. If two kids of same age can't wear each others clothes, that ain't because of their gender, that's because genetics (and food) either made them taller and/or chubbier, but these differences can exist even between two girls or two boys.
Once they do hit puberty, they will be more engaged into what they are gonna wear, anyway, and probably know how to choose for themselves.

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Dante's Stalker
If two kids of same age can't wear each others clothes, that ain't because of their gender, that's because genetics (and food) either made them taller and/or chubbier, but these differences can exist even between two girls or two boys.
This is my point, though. It's complicated enough finding something that fits in the same gender/age! It gives me a headache just thinking about it, tbh.

+ Watching an ed vid on ADHD and we're on the section of distractibility and following instructions. I get distracted a minute later with checking emails etc. I realise it's gone quiet and I had to replay the section again. Three times. And I still got distracted. At least now I know where my kid gets it from.

Top Bottom