• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My son's taxi company that takes him to school every day sucks. They never answer the phone, the guy who is meant to be ensuring that the kids are safe on board is too busy texting and if he ever cracks a smile I think it might bring about the Apocalypse.

Wouldn't be as bothered if my son wasn't disabled or if his disability didn't affect his speech, understanding and the way he sees his world. He can't tell me if he hates the bus or if something is amiss - he just screams and hits himself instead.

Hate this.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
My inner optimist wants to believe she's telling the truth and genuinely has read and enjoyed them, but my inner pessimist is muttering, "Cut the crap, sweetheart". This out-of-the-blue profession of love for my work and lavishing me with praise rings false. :meh: I'm betting she's hoping to garner more attention to her own works. Why people can't just say it outright is beyond me. Oh sure, there's a chance of the request being met with a resounding no, but there's also a chance of the answer being 'yes'. And either way, honesty would be better in the long run. If you're honest, the people you've petitioned might see fit to spread the word--both about your honesty, and your request.

If you were found to be dishonest, word could get out on that score as well, causing fewer people to feel inclined to even glimpse your works.

Whatever. I'm under no obligation to do her any favours. It's not like I asked her for anything to begin with.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Anyone wanna have a race here? Ok, You try to get an appointment with a licensed mental health professional, and I'll try to get a gun. Ready? I'm done.

If gun control is a lot like Fight Club, being something you can't talk about because belligerent white men said you're not allowed to, then why not getting something done about the go to excuse every time another mass shooting happens at least?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I have never felt more alienated as a bisexual than I have around others of the LGBTQIA community. So many people preaching acceptance and then turning around and spewing hate. I wish they'd understand that just because you were abused or bullied, it does not give you the right to abuse or bully others. If you want to be respected, you need to do something that's deserving of respect. Acting intolerant isn't going to lead people to treat you with acceptance.

TL;DR: Stop acting like a d*ck just because you feel entitled.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Sixteen times since he was first inaugurated, President Obama has chosen to speak against guns following a shooting. Sixteen times he has either directly or indirectly assailed American citizens' right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Sixteen times he has demanded that Congress do something about it.

Sixteen times the American people have bought more guns.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/23422-the-president-speaks-and-gun-sales-soar-again

He spoke of how “easy” it was for the shooter to obtain his weapons:

It appears that he was able to obtain these weapons legally because he did not have a criminal record….

It was not difficult for him to obtain these kinds of weapons….

We are … so lax in how we make very powerful firearms available to people in this country….

We ignore the problems with easy access to firearms….

We have to make sure that it is not easy for somebody … to be able to obtain weapons….

How easy it is for [self-radicalized individuals] to obtain weapons….

We make it very easy for individuals … to get very powerful weapons very quickly. And that’s a problem.

Translation: Government is determined to make it more difficult than it already is for honest law-abiding citizens to purchase a firearm.

Result? Those honest law-abiding citizens head to the gun store.

Target World, a gun store in Cincinnati, is seeing a spike in gun sales, including people who have never bought a gun before. Said Bob Freeland, who brought his girlfriend to the store to buy her first gun, “It’s not at all out of the ordinary for gun sales to spike following mass shootings. Here at Target World people are buying everything from AR-15s, hunting rifles and handguns.”

----

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Gun-sales-soar-in-Florida-after-Orlando-shooting-383429411.html

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement ran 9,854 background checks Sunday, Monday and Tuesday on people hoping to buy firearms, more than double the 4,468 during the same time frame in 2015.

Another 3,956 background checks were conducted Wednesday, according to state numbers. Also, gun ranges and businesses offering concealed-weapons classes said they are seeing a spike in business.

----

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/politics/gun-vote-senate.html

And even Senator Jon Tester of Montana, the chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, voted against it.

----

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/285992-19-house-democrats-hacked-at-close-of-gun-sit-in

According to Stanton, the attackers uploaded what is known as a “web shell” onto one of the member’s websites. Web shells are malicious bits of code that hackers can upload to a public website to gain access to a site’s server. From there, depending on the code, web shells can allow hackers to gain remote control of a server or pivot to a wider network.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
When you try the same exam the 176548097865875th time and still fail.

WP_20160705_009_zps3gozvfim.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well, it didn't take her long to p!ss me off again...:meh:

Welp, the chastisement she's getting--civil as it is--she brought on herself. Don't correct me on something without double-checking the info for yourself, honey. Maybe now she'll get it through her frigging head that she isn't quite as knowledgeable as she likes to think...

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Its something past 4 in the morning. I've just woken up with Jake's dribble all over my side of the pillow.

And they tell me he's not capable of being devious...:mad:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
My pay is over a week late. :/ Getting really fed up here cuz this is not uncommon at all anymore. I did a lot for them last week and they still are complaining about paying me? Then fine, I'll stop helping you. If you want my help, then pay me. But I'm not helping you again until you pay what I'm owed.

Top Bottom