• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Funny how strict my parents were with depriving me of a social life (to protect me from outside influences because GOD forbid somebody tells me I'm not stupid and I'm not worthless and I'm not a burden, right?) but then they let me listen to music which was so inappropriate for my age that I squirm at the thought.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
On multiple occasions my mother damned the day I was born

Yeah happened to me too, but always in moments of rage, when of course you say whatever to let it go. After a while I learned not to care anymore. But the way she said it, sounded like her parents use to belittle her being as if it's something normal, which is way worse, cause it implies they actually think that.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The hell? Your parents tell you that?
Pretty much, yeah.
Pshh. Dude, I've been called worse, and in Spanish. On multiple occasions my mother damned the day I was born, but don't worry, it sounds worse in Spanish.
I'm in the same boat, mate.
Who else finds those people that need you to point them to a 'reliable source' for everything, annoying?

"Hey, the sky's blue".

"Source?"...

Oh, I don't know, how about look up?

Or Google it XDDD

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Isn't it just great when you get pressured into reading someone else's stuff? They don't even ask you if you want to read it, or if you have time--and you're supposed to feel flattered because "you're part of the reason they got into it". And of course said person's father (hubby's biological uncle), great as he is, drops that on you. Which makes you feel even more obligated to do it, even though there are a ton of things you'd rather be reading right now, you have more than enough work of your own, and plenty more in real life coming up. :facepalm:

Look, I don't want to discourage you, kid. Really, I don't. But for one, you're basically writing an old videogame out line-for-line, and some of that dialogue is just...painful. Good games don't always come with good dialogue. I know this, I'm replaying one such game, now (it has some good dialogue, but other times it's....ugh. >.>) Moreover, I'm not going to tell you everything you need to work on--that will take far too long.

Know what's a real good teacher for writing? Reading. Pick up novels, all different kinds, and you will learn so much about syntax, grammar, and punctuation without even trying to. And if you are having trouble, make it a priority to take note of how said technical aspects are done.

It's one thing when I offer to read it, or if I know your work so I know it'll be an enjoyable read; it's another when I'm basically being coerced into playing editor, just because I supposedly "inspired" someone. -_-

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So...we have this little "donations" jar for people to drop extra change into which eventually goes into our savings...which has almost nothing in it. Usually we just ask random family members if they're willing to drop in a couple coins if they visit. Usually the answer is "no". Which is fine. Someone brought over some fruit and so, naturally, "hey, have any spare change?" A "no" would have been perfectly fine, but then she starts on this rant about how the fruit should count as a donation and how of course she wouldn't put any coins in and she didn't see why any one would ever put any money in it and how, if we really needed the money, we should just ask for donations on the internet. Cuz, you know, it's totally fair to just be an asshole to your own family and shove everything onto complete strangers. Brilliant, yeah. I mean...ugh. What's wrong with my family? >_<

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Self-rant: Oh, come on! Okay, so it's been awhile since he's had to go on a lengthy field ex. or course. But after six years, shouldn't you be used to it by now? C'mon...compared to his first year in, everything else is small potatoes. Compared to all the exercises and courses he had nearly back-to-back our first four years here, this month-long one shouldn't be hitting you this hard.

Geez, I hate the first ****ing night. Give it 48-72 hours, and I'll be perfectly fine. >.>

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Gonna say it, E3 is ****ing stupid. The industry blowing smoke out of its ass, showing off a ton of things they will never fully deliver upon, and press conferences of a bunch of awkward white dudes pretending to be cool. It shouldn't be a thing anymore.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
My boss at work is far too touchy feely for my liking. I mean he's like that with all the staff and they seem used to it. But I just don't like it when suddenly someone comes from behind and puts their hands on my shoulders and stuff.

For a visual representation, here's how I feel.
kaiji22-01.jpg

Thank god I don't have to work there much longer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Gonna say it, E3 is ****ing stupid. The industry blowing smoke out of its ass, showing off a ton of things they will never fully deliver upon, and press conferences of a bunch of awkward white dudes pretending to be cool. It shouldn't be a thing anymore.

LMAO what did I just read.

Top Bottom