• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
daredevil-punisher-720x1118.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I'm typing away in the office, when suddenly a preacher with a megaphone starts shouting about Christianity in the street, right outside my window with such lovely phrases as "Abortion is murder!" and "Evolution is a lie!"

After two hours I was really tempted to throw something at him to shut him up.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm just sayin', dropping the nursing for the 'better' meds is probably not a good idea, mainly because nursing is the only reason I'm eating like a super-gluttonous black hole. Once that's gone, what am I going to use as incentive/motivation to eat anything? I've got no appetite. I can happily go two days without eating now, not deliberately as kids keep me busy, but once I actually get the choice?

I guess working out a low-calorie diet is still ok.
Planning to cut them calories in half probably not so ok.
But whatever. Who cares? I think everyone will be pleased to see me skinny for once anyway.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So the fifteen hundred dollar computer that was supposed to be my combination Christmas and birthday present isn't coming. Why? Because the store cancelled it. Because, apparently, they're out of stock. I...don't understand exactly how something that was ordered at the beginning of the month is randomly out of stock while these guys have just been twiddling their thumbs. Yeah, things go out of stock. I get that. But, like I said, I've been waiting two weeks for this computer and it's been in stock this entire time. How do you not know you're out of stock until so long after you've taken a customer's money? How? And now I've got to, once again, try to come up with a way to make my current com survive until I can find a new one. All those months of trying to find a com that fit what I need it for...wasted. And once more slowly losing the will to exist on this planet. I wanna go back on vacation....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
People talk about getting out of toxic relationships, but what about when that toxic relationship is between you and your parental units?

I'd better find the courage to say what needs to be said, because after today, I'm not playing effing therapist to either of them anymore. Why the hell should I listen to them bemoan their relationship, when it was that same relationship that caused me years of suffering to begin with?

6 to 18-year-old me would be disgusted that I let it get this far.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Vergilius
Is there something wrong with the book or did you post in the wrong thread?

Can't say I particularly like Neil Gaiman's writing.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, so I've definitely been overpaid. This means I should try to keep as much as possible for when they deduct a week's worth of pay from me next month. It also means that I now have to resist the urge to overspend, which (believe it or not) actually sucks. I'd much rather be underpaid - as odd as that might sound - because then I'd just complain to the payroll department and expect my money to be funded to me immediately.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Seen one of the most ridiculous TV spots today.

A T-shirt to wear under your regular shirt that compresses your body in order to make you appear less fat. Aaaaaaand that apparently hardens and tones up your pecs, hips and abs. Just by squeezing the **** out of em.

Who the hell would buy this bullshit? And what is the point of this shirt exactly? You who are watching the spot and are too lazy to hit the gym so look for these cheap ways to appear slimmer, I know that you'd want to do that to get laid. But what's gonna happen when the time comes and you gotta take the magical shirt off? Whooops you thought I was slim, baby? Surprise!
Oh but no, I forget, the shirt actually MAKES you slim too, doesn't just make you appear so.

Gimme a freaking break.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Okay, so I've definitely been overpaid. This means I should try to keep as much as possible for when they deduct a week's worth of pay from me next month. It also means that I now have to resist the urge to overspend, which (believe it or not) actually sucks. I'd much rather be underpaid - as odd as that might sound - because then I'd just complain to the payroll department and expect my money to be funded to me immediately.
Hmm, maybe THIS is what you really deserved, but maybe you were underpaid until NOW ?!* conspiration theory*

Top Bottom