• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
now i know sonic hasn't had the best track record for most people
(iv never been that disappointed but that's just me)

but JESUS the people who don't like sonic REALLY don't like sonic
they take what ever opportunity possible to just curb stomp the poor guy
good sonic games apparently just don't exist
and if you like any of them your an idiot with no taste

it like everyone is still really really bitter about the Sega vs Nintendo days

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
My laptop has reached such a level of suckiness that I can no longer even use a disk in it because of the whole "trying to pry the screen, keyboard, and bottom of itself away from each other". So no more DVDs on it and no sims for a while, I guess, which is going to suck given the only thing that now plays DVDs is the xbox and mum never wants to watch what I want to watch. I need a new com. >_<

Viper

Premium
Another year, another tourist dead cause they stepped on the edge of the cliff for better picture of waterfalls. People, those marked paths on Plitvice Lakes exist for a reason!
*sigh* At least this year there hasn't yet been news of tourists trying to climb the mountain Velebit in summer clothes and flip-flops... and getting lost, of course.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Elderly women, in particular, really annoy me sometimes.

Look, love, rather than make passive aggressive comments just loud enough to be heard about my atrocious parenting and terrible children, why not talk to me about it like a grown up?

Because then you would find out that rather than being naughtt, my kids are disabled and cannot control their behaviour. Ergo, neither can I.

But hey, if you have the magic formula for curing autism and behavioural disorders, please let me know.

Just because someone isn't in a freaking wheelchair it does not mean they can't possibly be disabled. And no, I'm not sticking a neon sign above their heads just because you are too judgemental and ignorant and plain rude to open dialogue before running down my family.

Took everything in me not to tell your husband to keep you on your leash when out and about...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Elderly women, in particular, really annoy me sometimes.
Old ladies seem to like doing this very much. My mum in-law is one of them, but I doubt she realizes just how loud she is when giving her opinion on something or someone we pass. I've had to tell her a couple of times to keep it down.

Never-mind the old fashioned grannies. They grew up being told what to do, so that's all they know is to tell other people what to do. Terrible rolemodels, honestly. Keep your head up, you're doing a fantastic job! Look at it this way: if your kids were hers back in the day, they probably would have ended up living an asylum or respite care because she wouldn't have known how to deal with them. A lot of people are ignorant and downright stupid when it comes to these things, unless they have sn kids of their own, their input don't count for squat!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It would be nice if we could just have ONE conversation without a friggin' bombshell being dropped. I feel like I should probably ask if things are ok, but what the hell, it's all in a traditional Saturday night's stride I suppose, and I don't have the funds to call SE Asia, mom. . . ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
On top of all the cr*p that's been happening lately, I have been sent a jury duty notice. And, because of the dumb, backwards laws this state has, it is nearly impossible for me to request a dismissal despite the fact that I'm mum's caregiver (so I really can't afford to be away from home that long) and a few other issues. So now I'm going to have to figure out how to get to a city that's an hour away just to tell a judge that no, I cannot, in fact, make any kind of decision that could help resolve any case being tried because I'm mentally incapable of it (which is, in fact, the truth) and yes, this has wasted everyone's time because no one in this state in smart enough to realize that making it so only 1% of the state has any ability to be dismissed is the dumbest thing ever. In meme terms: their rules are bad and they should feel bad.

Just...just screw it. I hate life right now. I just wish I was somewhere where all this bs would just leave me alone.

Nero

*slams head against wall* i.. *slam* hate..*slam* stupid *slam* blitzs! Those things are the bane of my existence! That stupid lightning shield and it's stupid kamehameha lazer things that it can swing like a bat! It's a cheap you know what and when i kick it's butt it feels so darn good -.-.... if i could strangle it i so would but a punch to the face is okay too >.> the stupid thing killed me and made me accidentally waste a gold orb ._. The problem is i'm OCD about having my itms maxed and if i waste or use something i have to quickly replace it or it'll bother me! Then i didn't have enough orbs to replace it and it's driving me crazy! T^T someone put my out of my misery please..DX

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I was playing Tales of Hearts R and it's a great game really, but you can tell they localised it on a budget with a cheap translation. First is the fact that it's the only title in the franchise that's subbed instead of dubbed. Normally I don't mind that, but when you change the main character's name to "Kor", there's a weird dissonance when the characters say "Shing" (the original name) instead. As well as this the translation takes way too many liberties in places and barely corresponds to the original script.

There were other things but I've rambled on enough for today. It's just disappointing to see a franchise I love get such a weak localisation when usually it's pretty good.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
*sigh* I don't even know what to say... My hubby's grandma has gotten chemotherapy and not is feeling well. So, instead of staying home and resting; she goes out and decides to drive. Even thought she is not feeling well. To top if of she drives into a light pole at her church. How did this happens? Because she was "not feeling well' she closes her eyes while driving....and then blames my hubby because he used the car yesterday......yeah, she is never to blame when she does something wrong. AND she says: this is the first accident in her entire life. Yeah, and those time you hit everyone's car when you back out of the drive way was not your fault, either. *sigh*

Top Bottom