• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
You know when I said I was going to help with the moving it didn't mean I was going to do most of the packing and most of the cleaning. I have asthma too and it can get bad enough that I'll end up in the hospital mother! Stop asking those a -holes for help and be surprised they are not helping. I'm...... sigh. I'm just tried of all this carp. ...need a strawberry sundae.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Of course the one weekend where I absolutely need to stay home and get our house clean, I'm expected to two different work-related things this entire weekend and still get writing done and have the house perfectly clean by Monday. Ugh, if this doesn't kill me, I'll be surprised.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
What are you doing on the forum, then?

Hop to it, Shadow. Chop-chop.

Nuuuu. I do what I want! -pouts-

(Actually, tonight I'm getting what writing I can done, so I can go to sleep early, get up stupidly early tomorrow, and then do what cleaning I can get done. x_x I have a feeling I won't be able to go to work tomorrow, so...yay. :shifty:)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nuuuu. I do what I want! -pouts-

(Actually, tonight I'm getting what writing I can done, so I can go to sleep early, get up stupidly early tomorrow, and then do what cleaning I can get done. x_x I have a feeling I won't be able to go to work tomorrow, so...yay. :shifty:)
You have to clean the house then? No exceptions?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Ugh, i really hate my job sometimes. I got roped into doing overtime as security for a gig. But the person assigned to front desk didn't show up so i had to do that as well. The band was so loud we had to wear earplugs so we didn't damage our hearing and i was constantly getting pushed around by the audience since I'm a pretty short guy (only 172cm). Then when they finished around midnight i was told to clean up the mess they made, including mopping up vomit.
To add insult to injury, i didn't even get paid for all that overtime. :frown:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So there was this artist I was negotiating with about commissions recently. His prices were extremely high, so I wanted to talk everything out with him first and then budget it accordingly (mainly was hoping it would be an early Christmas present to myself by the time it was done). Just last week or so he assured me that he had zero commissions waiting at present and that he was willing to be flexible about payment methods. Apparently his definition of "flexible" is "either pay everything up front or f off", because I asked if he would be okay with me paying in parts (note: I never said I wouldn't pay his full price, nor did I say he had to do more than what I had paid him at that time, all I'd said was "I don't make very much money, so can I pay you in $100 segments until it's paid in full?"...basically, like how layaway works.) and I even told him that, if it wasn't cool with him, I'd work something out to get it all to him as quickly as possible. All traces of niceness and interest in my commission abruptly vanished and he sent me a message saying "You know, I actually do have some commissions on hold." followed by a "Write me again when you're more serious about this.", though his actual words read more like: "Write me again when you're not broke". Because, y'know, being broke means you aren't serious when you want to try and negotiate with a guy for easier payment methods on a picture he originally said would be $150 before bumping the price up to $400 just because there would be two characters in the pic...yeah, totally couldn't be serious at all. :shifty:

As much as the NOCD attitude ticks me off, what really bothers me is that he could have been so much nicer (or, at the very least, politer) about it. He could have easily said "you know, I'd really rather if you had at least half available to pay now and then you can pay the rest when I'm done" or "I'm not really comfortable with you paying in parts, so I'd really appreciate if you had the total amount ready for me. I could put you on a waiting list, if you'd like"; either of those would have sat much better with me and, instead of me sitting here complaining about a guy who was being an ass and essentially lying when he promised a flexible payment plan, a little politeness would have had me talking about this really awesome and really talented artist who was great with clients despite his crazy price range. Honestly, I think all artists have the right to refuse any commission, but why be a d*ck about it? Any artist is, essentially, selling their name as their brand. You cannot get away with alienating people that don't fit within your perfect little bubble when the majority of your potential cliental resides outside the bubble to begin with. You want to attract more clients who fit into your ideal pay grade? Be nice, build up a dedicated group of customers who are willing to spend that much, and don't make potential clients hate you to the point where, if they discover any of their friends are considering commissioning you, they warn them away.

I guess I'm just ticked off about the elitist attitude and the fact that it feels like the guy's running some kind of scam. And, sadly, been seeing that attitude more and more lately. It's almost like people think "hey, I'm really good at -insert activity here- and you people aren't, so bow down and do whatever I say". And, frankly, it doesn't matter how good these people are, they aren't so good that they're above the fallout of their actions. Ugh. Well, I guess it's good that I found out about how this dude really acts before I started paying him...and now I have the option of looking for someone who's more customer friendly to give my money to. Here's to you, jerk off. Don't even think about messaging me again.

--

Side rant:
You...know that stuff you just threw away was my old writing that I'd put aside, right? No? It was just a bunch of old papers? No, it wasn't. One of my old writing stashes is gone and I seriously just saw you throw it in the trash. Hmm, you're ignoring me now? Well, that's nice. Yeah, maybe if you ignore me long enough I'll disappear or something. Nice seeing you, too. :/

Viper

Premium
When they didn't find time to come to our weekend house, I felt great for dodging that bullet. Then they announced their arrival this afternoon, but mom seemed to have gotten over the bullshit my brother's wife pulled off recently, so I thought okay, we can do this. I just got a call from mom, in obviously bad mood... the bitch was flapping with her poisonous tongue again, made some remarks about me still being unemployed that hit my mom where it hurts the most - implying that both her and me are useless losers.
God almighty, please give that snake a diarrhea or something so I don't have to see her ugly face or I'll decorate it with cake or maybe even her own blood.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
If I look ****ed off, it's probably because I am.
Why?
Because it's Wednesday, aka, the day he's supposed to be helping me out with stuff.
Well. Apparently his way of 'helping' is by telling me to make a list and prioritise what I need to do today.
Which I've already done, long before I went to confide in him that I'm cranky and feeling overwhelmed.
Just nod and smile and walk away and nobody gets hurt, C.
Would it kill him to get off his ass and drag himself away from his stupid game to finish the dishes for me?

Silent treatment for him today. Because I'm bound to get nasty with him.

Viper

Premium
A moderator on a picture board deleted my comment cause I pointed out that on the picture of polar bear swimming while it's cub is riding on the back is not dad, it's mom. Well eff yourself and go complain to Mother Nature for bears being loners and fathers not sticking around, then again eff yourself for being too lazy to search, cause there are plenty of other species where dads are great parents. Like penguins, for example.

Top Bottom