• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Exejpgwmv

I hate my Dad's car.

Not because the accelerations wired, the wheel only comes up to my knees, the drive side seat-belt doesn't work, or even that the side-view mirror is at an odd angel.

But because when you hit a certain speed, for some reason, the door beside the driver will make a noise that sounds like there is car driving extremely close to you.
And it freaked me out every time while I was driving.

Viper

Premium
A woman, with eastern-European family name btw, spent years pretending to be black (with some Native American roots), tried to pass some unknown black man as her father, pretended her adopted black brothers are her sons, and all this while being chairman of a NAACP branch and reaping benefits intended for actual people of color. After her real parents outed her as a white woman with European roots and a spray tan, her defense is claiming that race can be chosen at will.

I am alternating between laughing and banging my head against the wall. :/

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I don't understand how some people's minds work, I really don't. Like when I say I think DMC1 Dante would be a popular skin in DMC4 SE, but then somebody replies saying 'do you really think Capcom reads forums?'
Why would Capcom need to read forums to know that DMC1 Dante is a popular character? It stands to reason. They are Capcom, they know all about DMC1 Dante and his popularity.

First off, Dante was a large part of the reason why DMC1 became so popular and gave rise to the DMC series. Even today, people still often find DMC1 Dante to be the best incarnation of Dante. You don't even need to read forums to see that. For the anime, they went with his DMC1 incarnation too, and many people have been hoping DMC will be returned to Kamiya (Platinum Games).

Second, DMC1 Dante was a popular skin in DMC3 too... why would it be any different for DMC4 SE? Besides, DMC1 Dante would go well with corrupt Vergil.

Third, people like it when you make references to past games, or include nostalgic extras. DMC1 Dante fits that bill too. I also think it would be a nice nod to fans of the classic games, and those who want DMC5. It could serve to hype things up even more.

Fourth, anything is better than a simple color swap. Do you really think a DmC color swap of all things, would be more popular to fans of the classic series than a DMC1 Dante skin? I realize making a DMC1 skin is harder than just taking an existing DMC4 model and altering it, but geez... if there's so few costumes in the first place, why not make them really nice to make up for that?
And these weren't even all the reasons why it's odd to think DMC1 Dante wouldn't be liked, I think.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I don't understand how some people's minds work, I really don't. Like when I say I think DMC1 Dante would be a popular skin in DMC4 SE, but then somebody replies saying 'do you really think Capcom reads forums?'
Why would Capcom need to read forums to know that DMC1 Dante is a popular character? It stands to reason. They are Capcom, they know all about DMC1 Dante and his popularity.

First off, Dante was a large part of the reason why DMC1 became so popular and gave rise to the DMC series. Even today, people still often find DMC1 Dante to be the best incarnation of Dante. You don't even need to read forums to see that. For the anime, they went with his DMC1 incarnation too, and many people have been hoping DMC will be returned to Kamiya (Platinum Games).

Second, DMC1 Dante was a popular skin in DMC3 too... why would it be any different for DMC4 SE? Besides, DMC1 Dante would go well with corrupt Vergil.

Third, people like it when you make references to past games, or include nostalgic extras. DMC1 Dante fits that bill too. I also think it would be a nice nod to fans of the classic games, and those who want DMC5. It could serve to hype things up even more.

Fourth, anything is better than a simple color swap. Do you really think a DmC color swap of all things, would be more popular to fans of the classic series than a DMC1 Dante skin? I realize making a DMC1 skin is harder than just taking an existing DMC4 model and altering it, but geez... if there's so few costumes in the first place, why not make them really nice to make up for that?
And these weren't even all the reasons why it's odd to think DMC1 Dante wouldn't be liked, I think.
Capcom read forum! When Devils-Lair was active , some of the voice actors were there. Gregaman is here and this is actually the greatest DMC community active.Miracles happen.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Capcom read forum! When Devils-Lair was active , some of the voice actors were there. Gregaman is here and this is actually the greatest DMC community active.Miracles happen.
I know that the forum gets read by Gregaman occasionally (though he's here more for increasing hype and answering questions, not to do market research). Doing market research by trying to read every post on a huge forum (with many buried threads and old important threads) would be very inefficient.

But my point was that they really don't need to read the forum to know that DMC1 Dante is a popular character and would be a popular skin.

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
I know that the forum gets read by Capcom staff occasionally (or at least Gregaman who I think is here more for increasing hype and answering questions, not to do market research). Doing market research by trying to read every post on a huge forum (with many buried threads and old important threads) would be very inefficient.

But my point was that they really don't need to read the forum to know that DMC1 Dante is a popular character and would be a popular skin.
But they know , Daimon, they know! They even did a new DMC1 Dante action figure!

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
But they know , Daimon, they know! They even did a new DMC1 Dante action figure!
You've misunderstood my comment. Again, I know that Capcom knows DMC1 Dante is a popular character. That was part of my argument.

I was responding to somebody's comment that Capcom doesn't know that DMC1 Dante is a popular character and would be a popular skin, and that Capcom would (according to him) 'need to read forums to know'. It sounded ridiculous to me. Obviously Capcom is well aware of DMC1 Dante's popularity, as well as his possible popularity as a skin for DMC4 SE. Capcom made DMC1 Dante, they know him inside and out... they know he was popular in DMC3 as a skin, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't be popular in DMC4 SE. Certainly no reason to think he would be less popular than a DmC Dante recolor.

Meg

So I pre-ordered Lego Jurassic World for Wii U. When I picked it up, I also grabbed the Wii U pro controller so I wouldn't have to use the clunky gamepad. I set up the controller and start up the game annnnnnnd nothing. No response. I check the box and manual to confirm that the pro controller is compatible, and it is. I then spend two and a half hours trying to figure this out. I tried basically everything. Called WB games and got on the line with someone. They said the pro controller only works in the multiplayer. Apparently you can use the pro controller without the game pad for other games, but not this one. No where on the box, manual, digital manual, anything was this apparent. They sent me an e-mail with a solution that "might" work, but they can't guarantee it. Apparently, it works with other Lego games, but it "may or may not" work with this one. I'm so disgusted and it's getting late in the day and I'm still in my PJs. I'll try to see if their "solution" works later.

But seriously.

Great job WB games. Never pre-ordering again. Never buying new again. From now on, I'm only buying your games used. And I'm reporting you to the FTC. Bye.

EDIT: The solution that "may or may not work" worked. If anyone is having the same problem as me, let me know and I'll post the solution. :happy:

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
I can't take it anymore. I'm tired, hungry, thirsty and generally ****ed off that grandma managed to embarrass us again at the hospital for being a stubborn, whiny jerk unable to wait. She is addicted to some of her medication, so she was probably aching for a fix. We dumped the milady at her home and then my dad went to pick up the results of her checkup back at the hospital. The results she couldn't possibly wait for just a tiny bit longer.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Soooooooooo ticked off right now. I just spent $50 on pizzas for dinner and the delivery driver showed up over an hour after the site stated it was out for delivery and the food is cold. The driver wouldn't offer me an explanation or even look me in the eye. What the f? You know, I don't care who screwed up to make it take so long, but the least you could do is tell me why I have to give you a tip at 20% when you were an hour late and I live two blocks away from your store. I could have walked there, ordered, waited, and walked back in less time than it took for you to drive here.

And this is only the most recent screw up to happen around us today. I think I must be cursed or something. I just want my earlier happiness back.

Viper

Premium
****ty week, pointless life.

I am socially awkward, not the least bit interested in being a pretty girl, have all the wrong hobbies and apparently stupid, useless, lazy and addicted to internet cause I don't feel like listening for 273489594th time the same lectures on my looks and socializing from mother.

Wonderful.

Gel

Premium

I am socially awkward, not the least bit interested in being a pretty girl, have all the wrong hobbies and apparently stupid, useless, lazy and addicted to internet cause I don't feel like listening for 273489594th time the same lectures on my looks and socializing from mother.

Wonderful.
Go get it tigress!

Gel

Premium
Yes, I did it. I accomplished my promise and saw my all hope die.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

Wonderful.

Don't be anything other than who you are, regardless of what you're told. You're certainly not stupid, useless, or lazy.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
So my cousin neglected to tell me a few of ours that we game with online where here in town and also neglected to invite us to hang out. Even though we said to call us when you have something planned. Hubby and I are beyond ****ed by his a-hole actions and won't be putting up with it. He only calls when he needs fillers friends and the sad part is his job is just down the street from where hubby and I live. No excuse for you not calling us. So next time when you want to call us we might be too busy to fuel your ego.

KRSkull

Wonderful.

I will never understand why people give us a F***ing long @$$ speech about us like they are perfect and flawless. And they should also stop thinking about what people would think about how they look or act. because our lives belong to us. and we live it the way we want. People should stop following stupid rules all that Sh**.

I don't know a lot about you. but from what i know i can see that you are very Smart, Talented and Friendly.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

Wonderful.
Trust me, you're not alone. I looked at myself objectively the other day when my best friend came over for a cup of tea. She and my hubby did more chatting than I did. I mean, honestly, the only thing I said the whole visit was 'do you want another cup of tea?' This was for the duration of at least two hours. Socially awkward, yep, nope, I'm with you on that one. It makes me wonder why people are friends with me or how I even have any friends. And this isn't just with friends. This is with my husband, too. We'd go on a date, and I'd be sitting there staring at him across the table, either drinking or stuffing my face with food, and looking around, and doing very, very little talking, if any at all. And then when others initiate the conversation (which is always the case because I'm no conversationalist), I often answer in a way that results in another long, awkward silence falling. Like, I don't keep the conversation going. And I only realise this when everyone goes quiet again and I'm like mentally facepalming myself and wishing I could sink into a hole and disappear.

Also. I'd slap your mother on the backside of her head if she called you stupid. You are NOT stupid. People who drive like idiots on the road when it's raining, THAT'S stupid.

Top Bottom