• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Looking at submission requirements for comics in hopes of going somewhere with U.v. and...what the hell am I thinking trying to get this published? No body wants writers anymore, they just want artists. I'm basically worthless to them since I can't draw for beans. Just...ugh. Screw it. Maybe I should quit. *shoves notebooks away and curls up in a dark corner with Stilts*

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Looking at submission requirements for comics in hopes of going somewhere with U.v. and...what the hell am I thinking trying to get this published? No body wants writers anymore, they just want artists. I'm basically worthless to them since I can't draw for beans. Just...ugh. Screw it. Maybe I should quit. *shoves notebooks away and curls up in a dark corner with Stilts*

*Hugs* :( If there is a writer or artist alive who hasn't felt like this, well, I don't want to know them. Don't give up, Shadow; comics still need writers, too.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
*Hugs* :( If there is a writer or artist alive who hasn't felt like this, well, I don't want to know them. Don't give up, Shadow; comics still need writers, too.

True, but it's like...everytime I start really looking into getting published something happens. And I'm just...getting sick of it. Wondering if it's not a sign. I'm just sick of getting my emotions played with when the only thing I could ever want to do for a living is write. I'm just...I dunno. Maybe I should go into self publishing. Might be less stressful.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
True, but it's like...everytime I start really looking into getting published something happens. And I'm just...getting sick of it. Wondering if it's not a sign. I'm just sick of getting my emotions played with when the only thing I could ever want to do for a living is write. I'm just...I dunno. Maybe I should go into self publishing. Might be less stressful.

I haven't had to deal with any rejections yet (I expect many in my near future, once the books are done) but I can relate to only wanting to write, so I can only imagine how bad you feel. :( Definitely don't give up--I think self-publishing has its merits, especially in situations where it's difficult to find the right publisher. It's not even a mark against you as a writer--I think it just boils down to this: there are so, so many publishers out there, that finding just the right one, the one that will see merit in what you're doing, is difficult. That's because, sadly, a lot of them are probably more interested in making a buck, than in putting out something with actual quality to it. I have no doubt of your quality as a writer; you know, if you ever need a second opinion, I'm always around, and I'll always be honest, since otherwise would be to cheat you, which I could never do.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I haven't had to deal with any rejections yet (I expect many in my near future, once the books are done) but I can relate to only wanting to write, so I can only imagine how bad you feel. :( Definitely don't give up--I think self-publishing has its merits, especially in situations where it's difficult to find the right publisher. It's not even a mark against you as a writer--I think it just boils down to this: there are so, so many publishers out there, that finding just the right one, the one that will see merit in what you're doing, is difficult. That's because, sadly, a lot of them are probably more interested in making a buck, than in putting out something with actual quality to it. I have no doubt of your quality as a writer; you know, if you ever need a second opinion, I'm always around, and I'll always be honest, since otherwise would be to cheat you, which I could never do.

Tbh, I'd rather I was being rejected. I keep getting people who are interested and then, when I contact them when they've asked me to, appear to have forgotten my existence. /== *just sick of feeling confident about her writing only to be treated like writers are insignificant* I think you're right about publishers, though. And I don't exactly aim to write things just because they sell well. If I wanted to do things just because they make a lot of money, I'd be a stripper. Thank you, though. ^^; *hugs**would do the same for you* I hope you don't have to deal with people being like this when you submit your books.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Tbh, I'd rather I was being rejected. I keep getting people who are interested and then, when I contact them when they've asked me to, appear to have forgotten my existence. /== *just sick of feeling confident about her writing only to be treated like writers are insignificant* I think you're right about publishers, though. And I don't exactly aim to write things just because they sell well. If I wanted to do things just because they make a lot of money, I'd be a stripper. Thank you, though. ^^; *hugs**would do the same for you* I hope you don't have to deal with people being like this when you submit your books.

I agree, that's even worse; they're leading you on. :/ What pr*cks. I hope you find people who don't jerk you around, and soon. *Huggles* Thank you. ^^ I hope I don't have to deal with ass-hats like that, either, but I get the feeling I probably will. Fortunately, I've still got a ways to go, before I even have to think about it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Am I the only one who gets irritated by the label, "vanilla"? It just comes off as condescending, and as if anyone who doesn't fit into the "opposite category" are automatically vanilla--and in their world, boring. :/ Meanwhile, it's not a damned divide to begin with....there's a freaking spectrum! All of the ignorance they claim "vanilla" people have about their side of the tracks, and meanwhile, they do the same sh*t....

/rant.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You know, of all the "Big business" and "Unfair employment" complaints I've heard about Wal-Mart, I've never heard anyone actually address the real crime it has committed.
You make a huge ****ing store, full of convenient isles and places, with tons of people.
And then, you decide to troll everyone by putting one bathroom area on a random isle from the selection of the ones farthest from the entrance.
I mean, I have to go around asking every ****ing other customer in the building, wasting their ****ing time, embarrassing myself to find something that should've been conveniently close to the entrance.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I agree, that's even worse; they're leading you on. :/ What pr*cks. I hope you find people who don't jerk you around, and soon. *Huggles* Thank you. ^^ I hope I don't have to deal with ass-hats like that, either, but I get the feeling I probably will. Fortunately, I've still got a ways to go, before I even have to think about it.

Thank you. =) If you should end up having to deal with people like that, then at least we can complain about them together? (Seriously, though, a lot of publishers are mean. x_x)

Happy Rant:
A little boy randomly called me a "pretty lady" in the store today. Aww. X3 This would be one of those times I think kids are cute and awesome to be around. :3 *ego boosted*

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The freaking spy. Out of all the jobs I have as the 2fort RED Pyro, the spy is the most annoying. Everytime he's on the loose, I end up chilling near the machines with Engie, whenever I want to go to battle, I hear someone yell spy and I have to go on a wild goose chase to find him

Top Bottom