• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Beginning to hate the people who owned this house before us. I could be finishing this PM. I could be beta reading. Better yet, I could be resting and recovering from the mother of all migraines that is trying to rip my skull open. Instead, because the previous owners were *ssholes who put all the fire alarms in locations that are near impossible for anyone to get to, I have to sit here in the living room, listening to nonstop beeping as I consider shooting it. I don't. F*cking. Understand. Why they had to make changing a fire alarm's batteries so. F*cking. Difficult. Why couldn't they just put the d*mned alarm where it could be easily reached so we can get on with our lives for f*ck's sake!

*wants to cry* Gods, I'm tired, but the beeping is even louder in my room.... :'(

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't think even I can handle this much troll.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...-zelda-according-unearthed-nintendo-documents

Can you imagine the reaction fans would have had if Link had actually done it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I heard that if you only drink (filtered?) water (but still eat normally) you can lose weight easily.

Just a rumor, though. Try it out and see how it works.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
D*mn it all to hell and back, the fire alarm's doing it's low battery beep again. I just...ugh! I hate this house sometimes. I wish I had gone on that trip around the world when I had the chance. *just wants to have one day where nothing bad happens*

Everybody deserves a break.

Except people with brittle bones disease. Okay that was below the belt you asshat /self rant.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I'm sick of being stuck at home most of the time.

I'm sick of rarely hanging out with my friends anymore.

I'm sick of not experiencing the things most people my age experience.

I'm sick of the anxiety.

I'm sick of the loneliness.

I'm sick of it all.

Everyone thinks I'm happy with being a loser and doing nothing with my life, except my parents who just think I'm bored for the most part. Somehow I was able to cope with this while I was still in school, but now I just can't.

Earlier I was even wondering who would truly care if I took my life.

I don't know how to escape anymore.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I'm sick of being stuck at home most of the time.

I'm sick of rarely hanging out with my friends anymore.

I'm sick of not experiencing the things most people my age experience.

I'm sick of the anxiety.

I'm sick of the loneliness.

I'm sick of it all.

Everyone thinks I'm happy with being a loser and doing nothing with my life, except my parents who just think I'm bored for the most part. Somehow I was able to cope with this while I was still in school, but now I just can't.

Earlier I was even wondering who would truly care if I took my life.

I don't know how to escape anymore.
Hey, don't think like that. We'd care.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The flawed logic of some people is just downright astounding; why do so many people think that, if a writer, movie director/producer, or what-have-you makes a sh*t ton of money, that that makes them "successful"?

Excuse me if I don't buy that b.s. that success is measured by dollar signs.

F*ck. That. Noise.

Perhaps it can be a form of success, but it is not the sole deciding factor, and those billions of dollars sure as hell don't mean that particular person is a better writer, movie director, blah, blah, blah, compared to someone who isn't raking in the cash. I'd provide examples, but I'm sure most people can come to their own conclusions....

God, some people are naïve...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The flawed logic of some people is just downright astounding; why do so many people think that, if a writer, movie director/producer, or what-have-you makes a sh*t ton of money, that that makes them "successful"?

Even worse is when people think that financially successful = quality.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

F*ck. That. Noise.

Perhaps it can be a form of success, but it is not the sole deciding factor, and those billions of dollars sure as hell don't mean that particular person is a better writer, movie director, blah, blah, blah, compared to someone who isn't raking in the cash. I'd provide examples, but I'm sure most people can come to their own conclusions....

God, some people are naïve...

I agree with you. My Gran thinks like that. I remember, for example, when JK Rowling announced her new book after HP was over talking to Gran about it and her being like "why? She's so successful with all that money, she doesn't need any more!" Trying to explain that writers love writing and therefor must write was a nightmare and a lesson that never really got through to her. I think people just project what they wish they had more of or what they value and label it as success. I, personally, view being happy with what you're doing as success. *would rather be happy with her life than miserably rich* Some people would dispute that.... ~_~

---
Rant:
Please stop starting conversations about us doing things with "when you get published and make lots of money". Saying it doesn't make it so. And, statistically, the odds of me "making lots of money" are low after one book. So stop gold digging when there isn't any gold to dig.
Besides, why would I want to go on a cruise if I had lots of money? That sh*t can kill you. I mean, with my luck, it'd end up like Poseidon Adventure and I'd drown and be eaten by sea life. Let's just stay on land, m'kay? *doesn't like boats*

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Even worse is when people think that financially successful = quality.

This! I think this is what I wanted to articulate, but couldn't, because I was so irritated when I ranted. XD

@Shadow Right there with you. I want to succeed, of course, but I don't want my success defined by money--for me, succeeding involves getting published; that's pretty much it. As long as I actually make it that far, I'll be happy. ^^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
What is the point in releasing a 'Definitive Edition' on PS4 and Xbox One when you're just going to release a sequel as an Xbox One exclusive?!
Also, anything to get out of making a Legacy of Kain game, Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix?

I can see Mirror's Edge becoming an X1 exclusive... I don't know why (mind you, I can see that happening to most of the games on my wanted list).

Fudging computer mouse! WORK!

Top Bottom