• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why is it that when I have days free to fit some gaming in something ALWAYS comes up and stops me. Been well over a week since I have managed to find some time to get some gaming in and the BF4 double XP is starting today and really want to get into it. Events of today better go smoothly so I can get on my Xbox when I finally get to relax later and not have any more interruptions.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Dear company who I bought my new tv from.
The 'alternative' tv that you've sent me is NOTHING like the one that I ordered (I might be female, but I do know differences between technologies and the way they work... they seem to think because I'm a girl, I'm thicker than two short planks... we all know different, that the majority of females aren't like it).
It works... I'm just miffed that it's not the one I ordered.
And no, I'll put up with it, I've been waiting a month for this tv.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
TA as in a teacher's aid? Shouldn't you be discouraging that behaviour? Screw the parents, if they're not there, you're in charge. If you can make a child realise that what they are doing is neither funny nor acceptable, chances are they'll change their attitude, at least at the educational setting.
And you'd be in your full right to reprimand a parent talking about another child in the facility that way. Use kiddie language with them if you need to, because parents like that sound like they haven't grown up.
Yep, teacher's aid part time when I was in sixth form. Honestly, I couldn't say much to the child because it's a weird working environment where you can't talk to children in a certain way if you're a TA. It's all very controlled. The best thing I could do was take the kid aside, talk to the tutor and explain the situation.
The tutor did bring the child and parents in...pretty brave of her if you ask me. The parents in the school are a bunch of entitled so-and-so's. You upset their kid in any way, they withdraw their money from the school or come in and shout at the tutor with their child watching.
It creates an uneven balance between teacher and pupil where the pupil holds more power in some ways. That's why the staff turnover was so high at the school.
Plus there was the general parental attitude of me only being 16, childless, and so obviously had no right to try and discipline their child, even though they were clearly failing in that department when their child was being a bullying little ****. :bored:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You know, in my "Gritty Persona Reboot", I wrote that the main character is chained to a hospital bed (like Dante was chained up in the DmC 2010 trailer).

And now, the trailer feature chains and chairs in a red background.

Holy ****. I must be psychic.

Last edited:

aoshi

Most working-class women i meet in my life...
cab0d645-9de3-4219-9b88-8026bf147456.gif

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Somehow whenever I record my screen to upload to Youtube as I speedpaint in Photoshop, I suddenly seem to be a beginner on crack with incredibly high and ridiculous artistic ambitions because my paintings strangely never work out...

aoshi

....need to grow up. I was like that when I was a teenager.

I said 'most' and i said 'as far as i have known ' they have indeed been one. No offense intended to 'any' working-class woman.

In my experience, there were woman-colleagues constantly sticking their ego up my face and i was passive in ignoring but it only worsened cuz they got an impression i was a 'coward' and they started adding fuel to the fire.I refuse to develop a thick skin in this case.Seriously, Don't take offense to whatever is being said in these threads. Its quite un-ethical to respond as 'grow-up' when it wasn't even directed at you. Else, shut down this thread for good.

Besides, I'm 5' 6" and 28. I can't grow taller beyond this age.Pun intended.:tongue:

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Don't take offense to whatever is being said in these threads. Its quite un-ethical to respond as 'grow-up' when it wasn't even directed at you. Else, shut down this thread for good.

Besides, I'm 5' 6" and 28. I can't grow taller beyond this age.Pun intended.:tongue:
I think it was more of a sense of those ladies should grow up instead of bitching. The comment was in agreement with you.
I don't think the growing up comment was directed at you. Or, at least, that wasn't what I got from Stalker's comment.

Also, don't let these women boss you around. It's not right and it's not acceptable from either gender.

aoshi

I think it was more of a sense of those ladies should grow up instead of bitching. The comment was in agreement with you.
I don't think the growing up comment was directed at you. Or, at least, that wasn't what I got from Stalker's comment.
tumblr_mr3p6i8Up11qgnsnbo1_500.gif

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
That ****ing moment when playing Killer Instinct with my friend and he won't let me get out of Lock out.
4909786_9810f4ab05ff6f91fd8ff05893765ca5_zps548d29a4.gif

Then switching to Dead Rising 3 to see my friend leave me behind in a horde of zombies.

Last edited:

Maxman

You know, in my "Gritty Persona Reboot", I wrote that the main character is chained to a hospital bed (like Dante was chained up in the DmC 2010 trailer).

And now, the trailer feature chains and chairs in a red background.

Holy ****. I must be psychic.
Please use your Psychic Powers and Make Dead Rising 3 Happen for PC !
Thank You

EllDawn

Two of my brothers are on facebook, as well as both of my sisters. My one married brother posted about how his wife was angry with a friend because she said they should go to a certain restaurant at noon and eat. Her friend didn't show up. Through the whole post my brother was saying how Americans have bad manners for doing that to his wife. Later on they found out she was at the DMV and it was taking longer than she had expected. The only number she had was their home phone.

My other brother commented on it, mentioning how the inclusion of "should" tends to mean that it's more about making plans to do it instead of it being a set appointment. He also mentioned that our brother was generalizing by just saying Americans. This one was brought up by our oldest sister, too.

Now my married brother is saying that it seemed like he was trying to smear him because he got into an argument with one of his friends. One he kept mentioning was German, and seemed like she was defending him against his family.

I feel like leaving a comment and reminding him of what our brother was saying. It really wasn't that hard to understand. Besides, there's also the fact that his wife should have called to see what was going on and not gotten so angry right away. I know she's not from America, but that's one way to get information that she didn't use. I'm sure people from other countries think of that, too.

Sorry if this is confusing without names. I'd rather not share their names online. It's just something that's bothering me a little.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Gods damn you wifi! Why did you have to mess up?! Instead of using my very convenient laptop I using my cell type this up. Which is a pain in the butt! And the odd thing is the internet is working just fine. Anything wired is doing just fine.
And i was planing ondoing some rea for some of my stoires and break this self imposed writers block and try to writing more but can't. Don' t want to use my cell to look up things . Itt's just a tad annoying.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
There's a thing going around facebook that a guy wants a million Likes then a wife will 'let him have a baby'...
Do I even need to rant?!
UTTER STUPIDITY *slams head into desk*.
If the woman is acting like that, then she doesn't want a baby and probably thinks million likes would be impossible. I smell impending breakup.:facepalm:

Now for my rant: I wish people would stop phoning and texting me when I am trying to sleep. It's like some of my friends have reverted back to being freshers .:ninja:

Top Bottom