• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So I didn't go to university and that's why my son has autism? What, only graduates somehow avoid the condition? And people are wondering why the attitude of some students irks me so much...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So I didn't go to university and that's why my son has autism? What, only graduates somehow avoid the condition? And people are wondering why the attitude of some students irks me so much...

That would be an idiot, not just a student. . . >.> Who is this person, that they would have enough air time to say something like that?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Wow! I'm sorry, you've left 'constructive criticism' and BLOCKED ME so I can't reply? What exactly is the point in that?!
I've stated in my comments that they ARE NOT my models.
If you're going to comment, at least have the balls to let people respond. D*CK!

EDIT: Problem sorted, I'm not having someone getting one over on me.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
not sure if we should mock this person til the end of time or just leave them to rot in their own filth. either way, my faith in humanity has just died. who said this btw?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If that's the case, this person should meet my friends' who graduated with masters degrees and have an autistic son. Then they can try to say that only people who didn't go to university have autistic children. What a stupid thing to say. :facepalm: Scientists don't even really know what causes autism yet. It's a number of factors, and it can happen to any child, regardless of parental educational achievement.
I can assure you, not all students or even some would be dumb enough to say this to a parent with autism, especially if that parent was their friend.

That would be an idiot, not just a student. . . >.> Who is this person, that they would have enough air time to say something like that?
Agreed. This isn't the attitude of a student. This person has no tact, a lack of social skills, and just likes making people feel bad. I really hope this person doesn't go around saying this or smiliar things to other parents of children with autism. Just wow...
I know it would make my friends really angry and upset if someone ever said that to them. They feel guilty enough as it is and balme themselves without some moron adding to it with unfounded comments like that.

not sure if we should mock this person til the end of time or just leave them to rot in their own filth. either way, my faith in humanity has just died. who said this btw?
Sadly you're going to get people like this everywhere in every part of society. It's not just one or two students. I've seen adults actually pull their children away when my friends' son goes to the park. I've seen adults make comments to them about being unable to control him and think he's just badly behaved.
People like this are extremely ignorant. You can try to educated them and explain if they are willing to listen, or just leave them to their ignorance. Sometimes it's better to leave them to it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Some "thinking group" that are researching for a link between neurological/developmental disorders and education levels. Also known as, "I don't know what I'm talking about but want to feel smart".

Don't think they will be invited back to our support group any time soon...

Current rant: either you don't know your little angel is a nasty little bitch or you simply don't care. Rest assured you will care when the police knock on your door with evidence of her cyberbullying tactics. So sort her out or I will.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So they posed individual choice to pursue/complete further education is a definite factor in child developmental disorder? Did they have actual stats to back this up with? Pursuing FE is totally a personal choice (that not everyone who wants to can even take), and an almost completely arbitrary means of 'assessing' anything... I'd love to see their abstract for that study. Especially if they - if I read it right - told you that it IS the reason your child is different.

By all means they should research but never throw 'links' around like facts until there is a definite repeatable link shown in some significant number of people. I hate trash science projects (and there are plenty of them). I checked Google for a published paper on something like this... nothing I can see

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It was like they had a hidden agenda which seemed to lean more towards classism than anything scientific. All of us in the support group I go to are in low income households because we have all given up work to be carers. Some of the people there used to have high-flying careers and others got as far as year 11 of school and we all have disabled kids. These students seemed primarily concerned with how smart we were and how much money we had as their variables.

One of the parents there did kick off though, so that was fun...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I wouldn't be surprised if it was something designed specifically by a certain group, government body, company, whatever... commissioning studies to provide 'confirmation bias' is rife out there now. Any actual scientist would laugh at some the things that get called 'studies' these days... you can see plenty of such just on the BBC website alone appearing all the time, claiming 'links' and 'facts' with subject groups of laughable sizes (like sometimes even just 10 or 20 people), or just stating the obvious. Did you catch their name?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Nah, I was late to the group (as always) and walked in as it was kicking off. We take part in a lot of sociological studies for students doing dissertations or modules for child psychology degrees or whatever so that's probably how this lot got in. Had our group leader known, he would have never agreed to it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Current rant: either you don't know your little angel is a nasty little bitch or you simply don't care. Rest assured you will care when the police knock on your door with evidence of her cyberbullying tactics. So sort her out or I will.
Sadly these days, if you do anything to that kid, you'll be the one in trouble with the law. Kinda like when home owners are jailed for defending their homes from thieves. The law is no longer designed to help victims and instead helps the criminal.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Actually, her online bullying tactics are covered under harassment law so if she persists in her behaviour then I can and will involve the police. Quite looking forward to it, actually.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm so fed up with gardening, I'd be happy to get a concrete slab in UK for a yard. Yes I would. I found a patch of HAIR in my garden. I'm still not sure whether it's cat hair or possum. Really hoping it's not the latter. The last thing I want is to yank a fistful of weeds out and have some rabid half-rat half-racoon monstrosity attack me.
I love gardening, I do, but the person who lived here before really let the place go bad. I even found a bottle with a small amount of beer in it in the garden bed. Who knows how long that thing has been there. We moved in at the end of March this year and the previous tenant stayed here for 13 odd years.
Dis-effin-gusting.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Half-rat, half-raccoon? *thinks about it* That's pretty scary.

CT: WTF are they talking about... The only thing that I wanted to know is why Daz Studio was classing all models as 'Genesis'?! What I was sent confuzzled me even more! You haven't even answered my question!

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm sick of people telling me I write a villain, or other character, "really, really differently". Um...no. It's just that I'm not willing to sacrifice my pride and write about some idiot psycho laughing as he pushes a button to destroy the world. Real people are layered and complex. Real people have many different sides to them. So...why shouldn't characters be multi-faceted? Why shouldn't characters be uncliched and realistic? Why do I have to make the main characters complex and then have the villains be...not? Don't the heroes deserve a complex villain? Better yet, don't the readers deserve interesting bad guys? Why do I have to write my characters poorly just for the sake of conforming? >_<

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Actually, her online bullying tactics are covered under harassment law so if she persists in her behaviour then I can and will involve the police. Quite looking forward to it, actually.
Make sure you take a load of screen captures...actually take those to this kid's parents and see what they make of it. Usually parents are pretty ashamed when they find out their child is a bully and do something about it.
Then again, I've come across a few who are proud that their child is doing this. Sometimes I wonder if bullying does run in families. :cautious: I've met parents like that when I was a TA. It's disgusting how parents call other children 'freaks' and actively encourage that behaviour in their own children by either not doing anything or rewarding it.

I hope you get somewhere with this and that the police do take it seriously. It must be terrible to know your child is being bullied even outside of school. Thank goodness this kind of bullying didn't exist when I was a kid. I know a few of my peers probably would have killed themselves if they were bullied outside school hours as well.

I swear most kids these days are really dumb and simple minded. Just because a man owns and play with a barbie doll doesn't mean he is gay.
Exactly. I know women who collect dolls, and they are never called lesbian. I too have a few Final Fantasy figures from when I was a teenager.

I'm sick of people telling me I write a villain, or other character, "really, really differently". Um...no. It's just that I'm not willing to sacrifice my pride and write about some idiot psycho laughing as he pushes a button to destroy the world. Real people are layered and complex. Real people have many different sides to them. So...why shouldn't characters be multi-faceted? Why shouldn't characters be uncliched and realistic? Why do I have to make the main characters complex and then have the villains be...not? Don't the heroes deserve a complex villain? Better yet, don't the readers deserve interesting bad guys? Why do I have to write my characters poorly just for the sake of conforming? >_<
Stick to your guns and write how you want to write. If the villain is badly written, then how is anyone going to cheer on the hero to beat them? A villain must always be on the same level as the hero, otherwise there is no point. You're doing the right thing by making your villains complex. :thumbsup: Keep it up.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've met parents like that when I was a TA. It's disgusting how parents call other children 'freaks' and actively encourage that behaviour in their own children by either not doing anything or rewarding it.
TA as in a teacher's aid? Shouldn't you be discouraging that behaviour? Screw the parents, if they're not there, you're in charge. If you can make a child realise that what they are doing is neither funny nor acceptable, chances are they'll change their attitude, at least at the educational setting.
And you'd be in your full right to reprimand a parent talking about another child in the facility that way. Use kiddie language with them if you need to, because parents like that sound like they haven't grown up.

CT: It's great and all that I'm sleeping through again. What's not so great is that I'm half-zombified in the mornings and have had to catch myself a couple of times at work from teetering off balance. I hope nobody notices and thinks I'm drunk or anything. I don't even think I should be driving.
But they said this pill will 'wake me up'. She specifically said that people who have taken it said they felt very 'awake' the next morning.
So now I've gone from one pill that makes me restless at night and jittery during the day, to two pills that helps me sleep like the dead and keeps me a walking zombie during the day.
GREAT.

Top Bottom