• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

ZeroLove

Someone (i think Dragonmaster) said The costume DmC Dante is supposed to have for Preorder is better than most costumes he had . and then said *cough* DMc 3* Cough.

DMc 3 Dante had only 1 costume (as far as i am aware). And even if i pointed out that to you, you said "I want to hear it from him".

It's same thing to me: i want to hear Alex's answer.
But looking past my interest in the answer, bringing up the question only to mock it is unprofessional.

Don't bring up the question if your going to laugh at it. And why even at E3 if your not going to answer questions? Not everyone knows everything.

Infact Jane Sweetbee whos a member on these forums taught recently DmC was a prequal. And that's after 2+ years of game being known to be released!

Dante had several costumes in DMC3:
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Costumes#Devil_May_Cry_3

And they did answer the question. It's a reboot. That's the answer.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
What's your issue mate? Redo means "done again". Reboot wouldn't work in that sentence. I never said it was tribute either, I said they were making him better, from their perspective, not mine. And for NT's behalf, the old Dante wasn't exactly flattering either. Capcom destroyed his character through the evolution of the games.

And again, why are you acting like a jerk? I haven't done anything wrong, yet you continue to reply with smart-alec comments that are just plain insulting.
I am not acting like a jerk. I am replying to you in same manner as you are to me :)
But since you have become all sensitive i will stop because honestly your points come off as delusional.

Dante47

I am not acting like a jerk. I am replying to you in same manner as you are to me :)
But since you have become all sensitive i will stop because honestly your points come off as delusional.
Really? You just did it again. Your acting incredibly rude and insensitive. Even when I said we were going off topic you felt the urge to challenge me again. Saying things like I'm "delusional" and "sensitive" and many more.

ZeroLove

Well i didn't state it as a fact that Dante had 1 costume. But i was aware of only 1.

And no they didn't answer the question at that time, they laughed at it. Look at reality.

They also laughed at it. But they also answered it. That's the reality.
We already know the answer to the question, there have been TONS of interviews where the same thing has been repeated over and over again, Alex even states it in the start of this interview. Your sympathy for the one asking this "question" is misplaced and undeserved.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
One of the first things they've mentioned was it was a rebirth and he was young. What more reason do you need? the guy asked the question way too late and it was a no brainer question anyways. Why is this question so important to you even though you know DmC is a reboot and a Origin story?

AngelMode

Did you seriously just insult BRUCE LEE movies,

No, they were awesome. I loved that stuff when I was a kid. But some people now may look back at them and be all like... meh, I have seen better. Trust me, a bunch of my friends that only watch those awesome Hollywood movies like The Matrix look at Bruce Lee movies like crap... their mindset has already become much more into special effects and stuff.

McdD

They also laughed at it. But they also answered it. That's the reality.
We already know the answer to the question, there have been TONS of interviews where the same thing has been repeated over and over again, Alex even states it in the start of this interview. Your sympathy for the one asking this "question" is misplaced and undeserved.
They didn't answer the question. You think they did because you know the answer but your wrong.

You may know, but it's ignorant to think everyone else does.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
No, they were awesome. I loved that stuff when I was a kid. But some people now may look back at them and be all like... meh, I have seen better. Trust me, a bunch of my friends that only watch those awesome Hollywood movies like The Matrix look at Bruce Lee movies like crap... their mindset has already become much more into special effects and stuff.

I don't get people like that.They should at least give a respect for the man who have changed action movies and martial arts forever not bash it or disrespect it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I know how you feel man. I like watching movies but not as much as i used too. Same goes for Video games, but DmC has me really excited because i played it when i was younger and it was cool and had fun combat. The more i played the better i got. And that is what i like about this game. It seemed to keep up with me while i grew up with all the heavy language and possibly provocative themes. I never thought DMC should of been rated M anyways it never really seemed that mature, although the content of it was surely mature, the story didn't really capitalize on it like the way, lets say, GTA did.

Dante47

Second time you've said that to me about what i have said. Is it that hard to figure out what i mean? I haven't made it into a cryptic code or something...
Then I've lost track of how many times you've misunderstood me.
Did you not see what I highlighted?
You think they did because you know the answer but your wrong.
That makes no sense. How can you be wrong if you know the answer? Its like some riddle.

ZeroLove

Second time you've said that to me about what i have said. Is it that hard to figure out what i mean? I haven't made it into a cryptic code or something...

It's ignorant to think he knows what you mean just because you know. Maybe you could answer him properly without making fun of him. Follow your own advice.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Could we please talk about something more productive? like Supporter Skeptics and Haters?

I think ChocolateGhost is a super supporter, i could get him to do anything for a gameplay demo i bet :troll:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
8aad2dbf_Derailment.jpeg

McdD

Then I've lost track of how many times you've misunderstood me.
Did you not see what I highlighted?

That makes no sense. How can you be wrong if you know the answer? Its like some riddle.
Just because Zero knows the answer, does not mean the person who asked the question at the time does. We all have different knowledge of DmC.
I pointed out Jane Sweetbee thought not long ago that DmC is a prequal. And that's long time after DmC was announced.

And in over 10+ interviews DmC team answered same questions even though the first few interviews answered them.

AngelMode

I don't get people like that.They should at least give a respect for the man who have changed action movies and martial arts forever not bash it or disrespect it.

Yeah, well... if they at least were aware of that then maybe it would be different.

I know how you feel man. I like watching movies but not as much as i used too. Same goes for Video games, but DmC has me really excited because i played it when i was younger and it was cool and had fun combat. The more i played the better i got. And that is what i like about this game. It seemed to keep up with me while i grew up with all the heavy language and possibly provocative themes. I never thought DMC should of been rated M anyways it never really seemed that mature, although the content of it was surely mature, the story didn't really capitalize on it like the way, lets say, GTA did.

When you have too much of something you tend to lose sight of their importance. When I was little video games were like this amazing new thing where I could control things on a screen digitally. Now it's just like... "yep... another Call of Duty game coming out... what else is new?" DMC is, in my opinion, the best hack-and-slash game ever. It takes elements from fighting games (lightning speed inputs) and puts it into a game where you can walk around and do whatever, it's a great package. The only reason why I'm looking forward to DmC is because of the story, which is basically what I thought the other games lacked a lot of.

ZeroLove

Just because Zero knows the answer, does not mean the person who asked the question at the time does. We all have different knowledge of DmC.
I pointed out Jane Sweetbee thought not long ago that DmC is a prequal. And that's long time after DmC was announced.

You're right, they don't say it's a reboot. They say Dante is fighting a huge demon and that it's a videogame. So I was wrong in what the answer was, but they still answered the question. But my bad on mistaking what the answer was.

Dante47

Ahem.
CAN WE PLEASE GET THE **** BACK ON TOPIC?!
Have we all gone potty? Is everyone okay? Because last time I checked, this was a concern thread.

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom