• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Like I said in the other thread, what do you expect? People are very entitled to their opinions, and they're aware of that--aware to the point that they'll protect their opinion as if it was the most valuable object they own. It's the people's job to show some maturity and respect each other. People don't like opinions. I don't, but I have to deal with it. I live in a world with 8 billion other people sitting on it, so what do I do? Suck it up.

Bashing, flaming, namecalling--that's immature, and we're tempted to fall into that. I try to ignore it. A heated conversation/debate/conflict--normal.

Besides, we're on the internet. We aren't afraid to bash in a few virtual heads.

So my opinion on this thread? Well-intentioned, but pointless. I say bravo for trying to help people, but it's just proving that we need to get used to the fact that we're going to butt heads eventually.

On topic with the poll question:
I am concerned with DmC's future because it looks too easy and a few things seem a little sketchy and questionable. We still have half a year left, so maybe I'll be reinstated as a full supporter. For now, I am changing back to a skeptic who likes the game, but doesn't like some things.

Dante47

I don't like it when people wear socks and sandals. But I don't condemn them or call them names. They like it, I personally don't. It's all a matter of opinion. That same person might not like how I dress. Again, they don't hate or condemn that aspect of myself.

I don't mind arguments over something. If you disagree with someones opinion, tell them and share yours. Just don't attack them. Don't call them names, act like a jerk and completely reject their thoughts.

That's what this thread is for, not to stop arguments and heated discussions, but to stop flaming and let everyone feel excepted on these great forums. So we together can discuss the good and bad of things as friends.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Most people are quick to jump to the conclusion that NT specifically designed the DT in order to tell the fans to shut the **** up.
I can tell yoou this much. The most standsard form of game development beggins when you pu into paper all of the elements of the game. Once you beggin on the actual custruction of the game there are no new additions. Everything you see was desided before the first traler was even out. So the DT concept, more than likely, was there from the very beggening.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
I don't like it when people wear socks and sandals. But I don't condemn them or call them names. They like it, I personally don't. It's all a matter of opinion. That same person might not like how I dress. Again, they don't hate or condemn that aspect of myself.

I don't mind arguments over something. If you disagree with someones opinion, tell them and share yours. Just don't attack them. Don't call them names, act like a jerk and completely reject their thoughts.

That's what this thread is for, not to stop arguments and heated discussions, but to stop flaming and let everyone feel excepted on these great forums. So we together can discuss the good and bad of things as friends.
If DmC replaces DMC, I'm afraid those who don't like this game will definitely have to "wear socks and sandals". The whole thing is that we don't know yet whether there is a real competition or not. If both DmC and DMC are closely connected, if one threatens the existence of another, then reactions from one side or another are things to expect and can be, if not accepted, at least understood...
I think the context "compels" people to battle against each other for the sake of their series because it feels like there is no room for DmC and DMC alongside it....
Then again, does it give us the right to bash people? It's a weak attitude, but nobody is perfect...today is DmC's triumph who knows what will happen tomorrow?
But it's so different from DMC... is it really wise to call it devil may cry? Can it really be associated with what has been done before considering the way developers bashed the former DMCs and wanted to change as much things as they could? I think the more independent DmC becomes, the less conflicts there will be.

AngelMode

I can tell yoou this much. The most standsard form of game development beggins when you pu into paper all of the elements of the game. Once you beggin on the actual custruction of the game there are no new additions. Everything you see was desided before the first traler was even out. So the DT concept, more than likely, was there from the very beggening.
The original 2010 trailer had Dante with his hair being partially white. So I'm sure they had the DT idea since then... or evolving the character into having white hair somehow.

I would have rather have his DT look more demonic (with the white hair showing up with it) than just him looking exactly the same except with white hair and a red coat. Though the picture next to his health bar when he goes into DT looks pretty demonic (look at avatar) so... I'm hoping we will be seeing something like this.

AngelMode

If DmC replaces DMC, I'm afraid those who don't like this game will definitely have to "wear socks and sandals". The whole thing is that we don't know yet whether there is a real competition or not. If both DmC and DMC are closely connected, if one threatens the existence of another, then reactions from one side or another are things to expect and can be, if not accepted, at least understood...
I think the context "compels" people to battle against each other for the sake of their series because it feels like there is no room for DmC and DMC alongside it....
Then again, does it give us the right to bash people? It's a weak attitude, but nobody is perfect...today is DmC's triumph who knows what will happen tomorrow?
But it's so different from DMC... is it really wise to call it devil may cry? Can it really be associated with what has been done before considering the way developers bashed the former DMCs and wanted to change as much things as they could? I think the more independent DmC becomes, the less conflicts there will be.

Capcom has a thing for "evolving their games" into other slightly different things. For example, Resident Evil. Even though RE4 and 5 take place in the same universe as the others beforehand... it is still different in nature; more action-based. So, do I think DmC is going to take over DMC? If DmC actually does good... then yes.

Now If DmC doesn't do good, I can see two things happening. Capcom creates a DMC5 or they completely give up on the series, leaving it to die out.

Danteredgrave

Capcom has a thing for "evolving their games" into other slightly different things. For example, Resident Evil. Even though RE4 and 5 take place in the same universe as the others beforehand... it is still different in nature; more action-based. So, do I think DmC is going to take over DMC? If DmC actually does good... then yes.

Now If DmC doesn't do good, I can see two things happening. Capcom creates a DMC5 or they completely give up on the series, leaving it to die out.
We can't tell what's gonna happen yet, but if DmC took over it, then it would be unacceptable for DMC fans which are disappointed by DMC...
both series deserve to live on but it's 2 different series... they shouldn't have put DmC in that situation they shouldn't have connected it to Devil May Cry. This is why weak fans bash DmC fans...they created a situation of war they could have avoided. It created all the arguments among fans. How is it possible to do that?? did resident evil stop when devil may cry appeared?
This situation sucks...I won't bash anyone, I have already refrained from saying very harsh ward about DmC because even in the crappiest situation no one should bash or boycott a community, but if DmC takes over DMC, like all the people in my situation I will have been ****ed up by DmC fans for respecting them...
EDIT: not for respecting but for doing nothing.
I mean you can't be a pro DMC without being an anti DmC....It seems you can't do anything for DMC without doing things against DmC.... :/
But if we can't do anything at all, which is probably the case because we are just poor mortal fans, then bullying DmC fans is even more pointless, it won't help DMC come back xD

AngelMode

It does suck. But I can hardly see DmC and DMC going on at the same time simply because it causes a lot of confusion. Things like... say, Operation Raccoon City can actually go alongside Resident Evil because it isn't about the main characters of the series, it's about the evil people's point of view. But DmC and DMC are both about "Dante."

It does cause a war between the two sides. I'm simply a fan of the old series who doesn't mind the new direction as long as I have as much fun with the game as I did with the last few. I play games to have fun and to enjoy an interesting story. If DmC doesn't deliver me this, then I will complain about bringing the old series back... but sadly, I have to play it first to know this.

Danteredgrave

It does suck. But I can hardly see DmC and DMC going on at the same time simply because it causes a lot of confusion. Things like... say, Operation Raccoon City can actually go alongside Resident Evil because it isn't about the main characters of the series, it's about the evil people's point of view. But DmC and DMC are both about "Dante."

It does cause a war between the two sides. I'm simply a fan of the old series who doesn't mind the new direction as long as I have as much fun with the game as I did with the last few. I play games to have fun and to enjoy an interesting story. If DmC doesn't deliver me this, then I will complain about bringing the old series back... but sadly, I have to play it first to know this.
True, people have to play first.
The fact that they connected DmC with DMC prevents me from liking it because I'm really invested in DMC...
It's hard to believe that an extreme fan can be fed up with his series and not bothered by having no more of it.
Are the people who like both DMC and DmC not all relatively casual fans? I don't put it as a fact I just don't understand how it's possible to love a series and accept it's replacement by something else completely different at the same time...It frustrates me not to understand so if there's a hardcore and deeply invested DMC fan here in this situation I would thank him if he explained to me why :)

Dante47

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I myself am worried that one Devil May Cry will replace the other forever.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Since this was brought up before regarding "why do skeptics stay here" I will say what keeps me here is the hope that NT impresses me with new info that is revealed about the game whether it be through trailers or interviews. So far they really have not been impressing me really which is why I tend to voice my displeasure of it.

Its not that I WANT to dislike this game and just ruin everyone's time here with my so called "negativity".

Its just that I am not liking everything NT and Capcom are doing with this game.

Now there are a few things that I actually DO like about this game.

1.The new design for Ebony & Ivory look pretty awesome, better than the classic guns if you ask me.
2.I like the angel scythe weapon and think its a pretty cool weapon
3.The graphics are looking nice and the enviroments (especially the carnival) look pretty damn good.

So its not like I am completely against this game or anything, its just that so far I am not impressed.

But there may be hope which is why i stay around to attempt to give NT a chance to "wow" me in the same way they have "wowed" so many of you supporters. But thats not going to happen if SOME supporters keep pushing away Skeptics who are actually wiling to give this game a chance.

Danteredgrave

If they keep the DmC series going then fine. But if at some point they announce DMC5, like going back to its roots, I would love Capcom for it.
If they go on with only DmCs it will mean that DmC as killed DMC, and that DMC fans will never be able to enjoy new DmC content and I think it is the nightmare of everyone who isn't entirely satisfied with DmC.........
DmC as no right to stop DMC.
It would be an untimely death for DMC...come on guys this series takes it's root in the 80s it was oldschool from the beginning, people can't say it needs a reboot because it's outdated xD

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I ultimately think NT should stay true to their word and make DmC Dante go into character development into the REAL Dante

AngelMode

I actually don't see much of an appeal from DMC1 Dante. He made like 3-4 one liners throughout the whole game and then at the end he sort of gets this pretty serious attitude, which wasn't enough for me to grasp his personality overall. DMC4 Dante seems a little bit too much of a joker, he has grown up already and needed to be a bit more mature.

And I thought DMC4 Dante and DMC1 Dante were the same... even though their design and face were completely different.

As for DmC Dante, he seems a little too much of a punk to me and swears too much for my liking. At least I learned he can actually write "F*ck you" on a piece of paper or else I would have literally thought that this guy didn't even know how to write.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
But not the DMC4 Dante. I hope he develops into the DMC1 Dante.
Actually, A combination between 3,1 and 4 would be nice

As much as I hated how much of a joker he was in 4, I will never forget how easily nero got trolled by him

(e.g. : Adios Kid!)

Dante47

If DmC is a reboot, why would they turn it's character into REAL Dante?
Because its a mix between a reboot and a origin story.
Eventually, he will grow up into the white haired demon hunter and owner of Devil May Cry we all know and love.

I believe this is also NT's intention. They rebooted the series because the previous had so many holes. Now, they can start fresh and end up with the same tale, just less confusing and convoluted.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Because its a mix between a reboot and a origin story.

Eventually, he will grow up into the white haired demon hunter and owner of Devil May Cry we all know and love.

I believe this is also NT's intention. They rebooted the series because the previous had so many holes. Now, they can start fresh and end up with the same tale, just less confusing and convoluted.
So Tameem and Alex Jones explains old Dante is not tough/brutal, and is no longer cool, and they then change him and then make him go all "not cool" again?

Do you realize that does not make sense?

Top Bottom