• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

ZeroLove

Ahem.
CAN WE PLEASE GET THE **** BACK ON TOPIC?!
Have we all gone potty? Is everyone okay? Because last time I checked, this was a concern thread.

We were on-topic. The treatment of eachother on this forum with examples of the treatment of question-asking fans from the E3 interview.

Did I save it?

Dante47

We were on-topic. The treatment of eachother on this forum with examples of the treatment of question-asking fans from the E3 interview.

Did I save it?
A little.
But we are touching upon an issue that's not really about the game itself, rather the people behind it and the fans themselves.

AngelMode

I have a concern.

Are the only weapons in this game Arbiter, Osiris, and Rebellion!? 'Cus Tameen did say there will be more but I have seen none! I would actually prefer to see new weapons over a boss fight of a boss that we have already seen before. This makes me wonder about how far into the game have they finished by now....

Nelo_Vergil

I have a concern.

Are the only weapons in this game Arbiter, Osiris, and Rebellion!? 'Cus Tameen did say there will be more but I have seen none! I would actually prefer to see new weapons over a boss fight of a boss that we have already seen before. This makes me wonder about how far into the game have they finished by now....

shotgun was confirmed. If you want you can check the TGS reveal trailer for some hints considering alot of things from there were kept and brought to now. Hope that helps

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I have a concern.

I don't want to be rude but STOP!!
U said you wanted to play this DmC for the story and hopefully the weapons found in the game will have some input on the story, like the last two DMC games did.
I guess it would be fine to want to see some concept art of everything they came up with, but why ruin something so delicate like the story? I mean already people are complaining about the dialog for DmC.....like DMC was the be all end of character development.
But i really don't know how many weapons are in the game. Hopefully only two more guns and like 4 more melee. And hopefully you can equip what weapon you want before a mission or just switch using the pause menu like DMC2

And they said they have finished the "game" which is why everything we've seen this year is basically them going through everything with a magnifying glass and hopefully perfecting every aspect of the game. What we get and will probably be the demo is everything we've seen, from walking down the street to the final boss(either killing it or not)

NT has a history with their games having bugs in them, so i believe they have a lot riding on this game, being that it is DMC and Tameem said that Enslave was rushed and they didn't have time to complete it and thats why sales were so bad:shifty:

AngelMode

shotgun was confirmed. If you want you can check the TGS reveal trailer for some hints considering alot of things from there were kept and brought to now. Hope that helps

Cool, thanks.

I don't want to be rude but STOP!!
U said you wanted to play this DmC for the story and hopefully the weapons found in the game will have some input on the story, like the last two DMC games did.
I guess it would be fine to want to see some concept art of everything they came up with, but why ruin something so delicate like the story? I mean already people are complaining about the dialog for DmC.....like DMC was the be all end of character development.
But i really don't know how many weapons are in the game. Hopefully only two more guns and like 4 more melee. And hopefully you can equip what weapon you want before a mission or just switch using the pause menu like DMC2

And they said they have finished the "game" which is why everything we've seen this year is basically them going through everything with a magnifying glass and hopefully perfecting every aspect of the game. What we get and will probably be the demo is everything we've seen, from walking down the street to the final boss(either killing it or not)

NT has a history with their games having bugs in them, so i believe they have a lot riding on this game, being that it is DMC and Tameem said that Enslave was rushed and they didn't have time to complete it and thats why sales were so bad:shifty:

Oh they finished the game? Sorry, I kept seeing the "Game still in development" text whenever I clicked on a video so... you know. But I never said anything about wanting to know about the story. The weapons we have seen so far say nothing about the story... we have no idea what the Osiris or the Arbiter mean or how/where you get them. So as long as they just give a little input on a weapon, it's not going to give away any story elements... unless this weapon is something like Sparda or Yamato then.. well....

In fact, the boss battle gives away more of the story than that.

Nelo_Vergil

Cool, thanks.

Oh they finished the game? Sorry, I kept seeing the "Game still in development" text whenever I clicked on a video so... you know. But I never said anything about wanting to know about the story. The weapons we have seen so far say nothing about the story... we have no idea what the Osiris or the Arbiter mean or how/where you get them. So as long as they just give a little input on a weapon, it's not going to give away any story elements... unless this weapon is something like Sparda or Yamato then.. well....

In fact, the boss battle gives away more of the story than that.

allow me. Arbitir is considered one of the first weapons you get int he game, the captive trailer hints at this with the hunter demon. SO arbiter is the first,you get it after the fight with the hunter demon in the carnival. Like i said the captive trailer hints at this. As for osiris i would say it's sometime before poison just after the pier level and before the city one.

I say that because NT stated that each boss is like a way of testing something new you've learned from the game, or something along the line. When you see the larva fight you see dante have to grapple from platform to platform. Again these are just theories based of what was shown so far. :)

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
sorry to go further on off-topic but:

So Tameem and Alex Jones explains old Dante is not tough/brutal, and is no longer cool, and they then change him and then make him go all "not cool" again?

Do you realize that does not make sense?
A personality can't be outdated,they just didn't like his personality so they said it's no longer cool. It's not just a matter of presentation, they could have presented the game in a fresher way so that it doesn't look outdated anymore and kept his personality but they haven't, they didn't have to change his personality (DMC1,3,4) to modernize the game! they kind of lied about it...

Then why would they bring back Dante's personality in a way that looks more modern when he evolves? If their only problem was Dante being unfashionable than why did they change his personality as well? A personality has nothing to do with time.
They thought it needed to be changed, they won't bring it back...

Dante47

A personality can't be outdated like Danteredgrave mentioned. But it can lose it's purpose in gaming. The whole "I'm rebellious and crack jokes at society" isn't uncommon anymore. We see that a lot actually.
But a punk kid being labeled a terrorist and a sexual deviant? That's new. Instead of making fun of our world and the demons, he insults it. He hates it and wants to destroy it, since society is run by demons.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
in the game there is no taunting or targeting system...hmm im not complaining :p

Dante47

in the game there is no taunting or targeting system...hmm im not complaining :p
There is targeting. It's just more like it was in the first game, without a big cursor telling you who you are targeting.
Taunting is not confirmed, but it could be there.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
There is targeting. It's just more like it was in the first game, without a big cursor telling you who you are targeting.
Taunting is not confirmed, but it could be there.
Nah, Tameem said in the stream that taunting isn't a mechanic anymore.
Capcom could put it back in if they really wanted to, but I don't think they will.

788Masri

Nah, Tameem said in the stream that taunting isn't a mechanic anymore.
Capcom could put it back in if they really wanted to, but I don't think they will.

i actually kinda agree, i during combat we hear some pretty decent stuff so taunting could mess up the flow of the conversing during a level. tho ill miss it a lil bit :p

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
When old Dante cracked jokes the effect was just the atmosphere being cooled down.
Old Dante sent the message "hey...stop thinking you are so important, you aren't, nothing is...take it easy" (not really expressing that he hated the person)
I don't think he rebelled for the sake of rebellion but rather because he just couldn't accept people behaving in such a serious way and telling the others what to do. Then rebellion was only a side effect.
new Dante sends the message "I really hate you and I'm cooler than you" it seems like rebellion is a value per se for him, I'm not sure it was the case before....
He brings new uncommon elements, which is a good think, but rebellion for it's own sake is something not everyone will value and be impressed at.
criticizing fun and self-derision is way harder....

788Masri

When old Dante cracked jokes the effect was just the atmosphere being cooled down.
Old Dante sent the message "hey...stop thinking you are so important, you aren't, nothing is...take it easy" (not really expressing that he hated the person)
I don't think he rebelled for the sake of rebellion but rather because he just couldn't accept people behaving in such a serious way and telling the others what to do. Then rebellion was only a side effect.
new Dante sends the message "I really hate you and I'm cooler than you" it seems like rebellion is a value per se for him, I'm not sure it was the case before....
He brings new uncommon elements, which is a good think, but rebellion for it's own sake is something not everyone will value and be impressed at.
criticizing fun and self-derision is way harder....

i think dante rebels because hes sick and tired of being targetted and tormented by demons and the public in general. he isnt all insults. when hes talking to poison she says : "son of sparda and Eva"?
Dante: (bows)
poison: THE WHOOOOOOOREEE
Dante:...yup
im using this as a prime example that he isnt some over aggravated punk who likes swearing and being rebelious just for the sake of it. hes used to being mocked and pushed around by demons so he pushes back, without stooping to their level. sure he swears but i cant think of a live person who wouldnt in that situation. he prefers to take a direct route rather than finding a way around a problem.the old dante was someone you aspired to be like. the new one is someone you can relate to. neither is inherently superior. its all perspective.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
So is Dante naive now? Or is he just following the Orders...um, orders because it can bring him closer to some kind of true. I don;t see any concern from Dante regarding his past.

I mean the two bosses we've seen have both addressed his parents and Dante just seems to not care and would rather put them out of their misery other than obtaining some kind of information

788Masri

So is Dante naive now? Or is he just following the Orders...um, orders because it can bring him closer to some kind of true. I don;t see any concern from Dante regarding his past.

I mean the two bosses we've seen have both addressed his parents and Dante just seems to not care and would rather put them out of their misery other than obtaining some kind of information

i think he knows about them. but chooses to ignore what happens. possibly too painful for him.. while not actually understanding what happened to them. ie, he knows his mother was an angel and was torn "limb from limb". thats as much as he wants to know.

AngelMode

Alex said that he is not in The Order in... um, order to help people and stuff like that, he's in it for the demons. Basically, Dante is sick and very ****ed off about how the demons have been treating him/calling his parents names/calling him a terrorist and messing up his identity. You can definitely see that, as Masri said, in the speech he had with Poison.

More so, I remembered Poison mentions something about killing him (or cutting him to shreds) just like how his mother ended up. So I am guessing that the demons killed his mother, and even if he doesn't know her, it is still pretty disturbing to hear.

i think he knows about them. but chooses to ignore what happens. possibly too painful for him.. while not actually understanding what happened to them. ie, he knows his mother was an angel and was torn "limb from limb". thats as much as he wants to know.

Ugh, I got ninja'd.

Top Bottom