• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i think he knows about them. but chooses to ignore what happens. possibly too painful for him.. while not actually understanding what happened to them. ie, he knows his mother was an angel and was torn "limb from limb". thats as much as he wants to know.
Eva got ripped apart? didn't know that. I guess i would ask questions later too if that happened to me.

I hope we get to see Eva in this game, she seems really important and i cannot believe that she is what the demons are called her. Its probably just the relationship she had with Sparda and i think it was Sparda who changed sides to be with her.

AngelMode

Eva got ripped apart? didn't know that. I guess i would ask questions later too if that happened to me.

I hope we get to see Eva in this game, she seems really important and i cannot believe that she is what the demons are called her. Its probably just the relationship she had with Sparda and i think it was Sparda who changed sides to be with her.

I think it is the fact of how she was an angel who had a son with a demon that makes them say things like that about her. It's kinda of a disgrace from the demons point of view... but I would imagine from the angels as well, if anything.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

yh, poison says "ill tear you like your mother limb from limb" (as i recall) so yh itd be especially terible if dante saw it (like in original DMC its heavily implied). i think the reason is because sparda was such a respected, worshipped demon. then along came eva the angel and he suddenly shifts in his standing to be against demons causin god knows how much damage to demons. so i imagine they blame her for it. as such call her a..ahem lady of the night.

Nelo_Vergil

yh, poison says "ill tear you like your mother limb from limb" (as i recall) so yh itd be especially terible if dante saw it (like in original DMC its heavily implied). i think the reason is because sparda was such a respected, worshipped demon. then along came eva the angel and he suddenly shifts in his standing to be against demons causin god knows how much damage to demons. so i imagine they blame her for it. as such call her a..ahem lady of the night.

nice theory. In the original DMC eva wasn't all that important in terms of story. As for sparda he was munds' right hand hand if i'm correct. Back then aside from DMC1 and to a lesser degree 2 you didn't really feel the impact that sparda had on all the demons. Here the demons HATE dante they hate his very existence. Eva's story we don't know it but we know she loved sparda and along the line something must've happened that caused her death. I think that's a sub plot DmC could explore

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
nice theory. In the original DMC eva wasn't all that important in terms of story. As for sparda he was munds' right hand hand if i'm correct. Back then aside from DMC1 and to a lesser degree 2 you didn't really feel the impact that sparda had on all the demons. Here the demons HATE dante they hate his very existence. Eva's story we don't know it but we know she loved sparda and along the line something must've happened that caused her death. I think that's a sub plot DmC could explore

yh and id like to find out about spardas relation with mundus. were they rivals, enemies, colleges or friends? also they said that old characters "may be revealed further in the game" AKA YESSSSS!!! :D

Nelo_Vergil

yh and id like to find out about spardas relation with mundus. were they rivals, enemies, colleges or friends? also they said that old characters "may be revealed further in the game" AKA YESSSSS!!! :D

also something they fail to mention in the past DMC games is what exactly led to sparda's downfall? Why is it he fell? I mean if he was much more powerful then mundus how exactly was he killed?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
also something they fail to mention in the past DMC games is what exactly led to sparda's downfall? Why is it he fell? I mean if he was much more powerful then mundus how exactly was he killed?
my theory is that in order to have sealed the hell-gates, he needed to sacrifice himself

in relation to the thread's topic, i support this game wholeheartedly. i can't wait for it to come out. however, i would LOVE to see songs in boss battles different than the other combat themes and i would like to see taunts make a return. other than that, the game is perfect

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i support this game even thought i dont agree with every desicion.

been that way since day one.

i got my butt kicked on ign for this game, i hope its worth it.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ I'm looking at it from the point of view though that if NT's DmC were the first entry in the series, as in the one that started the series to begin with, the DMC of the DMC series so to speak, it would be loved to death, and haters would be treating the old one with the exact same level of contempt if it were to become the reboot instead. It's sudden change that has scared most Veteran fans.

Yeah, sure it was a rough start back in '10 at the TGS. We had for lack of a better word, a scrawny, weak, battered-looking Emo Dante, which bore a striking resemblance to the lead Ninja, Tameem. Then we noticed the Union Jack, and sort of assumed that Tameem was simply projecting himself onto the character out of some spurt of uncontrollable vanity.

But then, things got better. We had a few more interviews, bit more explanation, things we're set out, the game plan was laid out, "Capcom came to us...", We had a good base to rest a certain level of hope on.

Then We seen gameplay, then came the stunning 'Captivate' sporting a revamped, healthier, sleeker Dante, with a pounding bit of waveform from Combichrist.

Now we're just after our latest helping of over an hour's worth of gameplay footage, and brand spanking new trailer that puts Captivate to total shame. Now, I am officially in love with the game, and cannot wait for January 2013.

To be honest though, I never had a massive Hater freak out like many another fan had, I sort of just accepted it initially back in '10, and anything that bears the name of Devil May Cry will automatically have My support.

PS. What in the sweet Christ is up with Your signature?

AngelMode

It's a matter of having a positive or negative attitude about the thing. I'm keeping it positive on this one because I've liked what I have seen so far (well not ALL of it, just the majority of it), if you don't like it then that's simply your own opinion.

As you said, we haven't played the thing and nobody has played the game as a whole yet because NT is still doing their final touches on the gameplay. So once it comes out and if it turns out to be a piece of crap, you can bet as hell that I will say that this IS a bad game and will probably complain to Capcom to bring back the original series.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Oh! Some things I do very much hope for in the final game:

• Tighter controls: Yeah, they actually look pretty responsive as of now. But certain attacks looked a bit bothersome. I noticed Gregaman was having trouble pulling off Stinger and Streak in one of the streams. It also seems like trying to do an uppercut on a grounded enemy will automatically put him out of range.
  • Great Script: I liked the dialogue in Enslaved and I liked what I heard from Heavenly Sword. And I think NeoDante is fairly witty. The wit was just overshadowed by his anger. Skeptics will look at him as an angsty 18-year-old and dismiss him, as they have been.
That's all I can think of as of now...

somekidfromthe90's

I have a concern.

Are the only weapons in this game Arbiter, Osiris, and Rebellion!? 'Cus Tameen did say there will be more but I have seen none! I would actually prefer to see new weapons over a boss fight of a boss that we have already seen before. This makes me wonder about how far into the game have they finished by now....
tameem actually tweeted that Capcom pushed back the date to Jan 15th and their more or less done with the game.

AngelMode

@KenKen - I think there is nothing they can do about the second one... mainly because the script and the acting has been already done (probably a long time ago by now) and I don't think they will rewrite and go back to doing the motion capture all over again XD This is more of a "let's hope" than actually a recommendation at this point.

They can definitely change some stuff from the gameplay still though. I want them to add taunts. Lol I think they can still put that much of, fingers crossed.

tameem actually tweeted that Capcom pushed back the date to Jan 15th and their more or less done with the game.

Yeah, I posted that before he announced that though. Tameem did say that all of the missions were already done but the game as a whole isn't. So they were expecting to hear some things that the people didn't like about the game right now to add them in as a final gameplay update and stuff.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
He didn't say they're finished really, but he said that January 15th isn't the developers pushing it back, but Capcom.
So they'll be done well before January, but they're far from done now.

@KenKen - I think there is nothing they can do about the second one... mainly because the script and the acting has been already done (probably a long time ago by now) and I don't think they will rewrite and go back to doing the motion capture all over again XD This is more of a "let's hope" than actually a recommendation at this point.
Of course :]
Every recommendation I make for the game is more of a "lets hope".
Including the thing about taunts ;_;

TyIquan_DmC

It's understandable how longtime DevilMayCry fans would dislike DMC-Reboot, as for the DMC-Reboot fans, i don't understand how they exist when no one has had hands-on with it yet.
Is it because DMC-Reboot is shiny & new that people flock towards it, or because of the hype surrounding it. I think it's better to sit & play it before you say it's awesome or better then the original & you've become a fan of something 1st.

Regardless DMC-Reboot will sell because of hype & if it's bad gamers won't admit their wrong about it.
So let DMC-Reboot run it's course, let so-called DMC-Reboot fans say whatever they want & longtime DevilMayCry fans live with knowing Dante & the DevilMayCry series died at DevilMayCry4 & won't be forgotten.​

Given what we've been shown, we don't have to play it to know that we prefer the art style, graphics, or overall tone. I don't see anyone saying the game as a whole is better than the previous games. Though there has been tons of gaming sites that's praised the gameplay of this game since they've been able to play it.

Also, if the game actually turns out to be good, do you think any of the haters will actually admit it? I don't. I honestly don't see what issues anyone could have with the gameplay at this point. All of the early pessimism seems to have been busted. It hasn't become a mindless button masher. There's advanced tech. 30 frames hasn't hampered this at all, due to the absence of Royal Gaurd and Exceed. Styles haven't been completely lost on this. There's nothing wrong with the enemy AI.

Idk. Whatever. Your loss, I suppose. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this. I haven't been this hyped for a game since DMC3.

Nelo_Vergil

Given what we've been shown, we don't have to play it to know that we prefer the art style, graphics, or overall tone. I don't see anyone saying the game as a whole is better than the previous games. Though there has been tons of gaming sites that's praised the gameplay of this game since they've been able to play it.

Also, if the game actually turns out to be good, do you think any of the haters will actually admit it? I don't. I honestly don't see what issues anyone could have with the gameplay at this point. All of the early pessimism seems to have been busted. It hasn't become a mindless button masher. There's advanced tech. 30 frames hasn't hampered this at all, due to the absence of Royal Gaurd and Exceed. Styles haven't been completely lost on this. There's nothing wrong with the enemy AI.

Idk. Whatever. Your loss, I suppose. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this. I haven't been this hyped for a game since DMC3.

theres still a parry system in place

TyIquan_DmC

theres still a parry system in place

Yes I know, but it's not Royal Guard. Meaning there's no need to Just Guard, which heavily utilized the 60 frames. Maybe there is some kind of equivalent, but I doubt it, seeing how there's seemingly no need for it.

Nelo_Vergil

Yes I know, but it's not Royal Guard. Meaning there's no need to Just Guard, which heavily utilized the 60 frames. Maybe there is some kind of equivalent, but I doubt it, seeing how there's seemingly no need for it.

your not guarding your parrying :troll:

Top Bottom