• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So Tameem and Alex Jones explains old Dante is not tough/brutal, and is no longer cool, and they then change him and then make him go all "not cool" again?

Do you realize that does not make sense?

wait are you saying that DMC1 Dante is not cool?

EDIT

nevermind, I see what you meant.

Dante47

So Tameem and Alex Jones explains old Dante is not tough/brutal, and is no longer cool, and they then change him and then make him go all "not cool" again?

Do you realize that does not make sense?
No. What your saying isn't making any sense.

They are explaining the story in a different way, but it will be similar to the last with several external changes. Like Dante's looks and attitude will probably still be brutal and rugged but he will become less cocky (from what I gather).

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
No. What your saying isn't making any sense.

They are explaining the story in a different way, but it will be similar to the last with several external changes. Like Dante's looks and attitude will probably still be brutal and rugged but he will become less cocky (from what I gather).
How am i not making sense? That is what we were told about the changes made to "Dante", and they said Dante was outdated.

AngelMode

I think he was talking about DmC Dante becoming a little bit more mature, personality-wise. The way he put wasn't the best way to express what he was trying to say.

DMC1 Dante is pretty outdated though... those sequences during the credits made me remember a really bad karate movie or something taken from a Bruce Lee movie.

McdD

Well he could say just that. But honestly i fail to see why what i am saying does not make sense. It's not rocket science...

Dante47

How am i not making sense? That is what we were told about the changes made to "Dante", and they said Dante was outdated.
Because what you said wasn't NT's real intention. It was mostly just a play on words.

McdD

Because what you said wasn't NT's real intention. It was mostly just a play on words.
And what are their real intentions since you seem to be more enlightened about the subject than me?

ZeroLove

Chocoghost, you are one of the most respectful people here. I value your membership here a lot.To answer Zero's question, people like Choco and Dante47 keep me around. The forum has gained a lot of new members since DmC was announced and even though not all of them are great and even though I don't like DmC I still like seeing people like Choco and Dante47 posting and sharing their sigs. So that's why I'm still here. Plus, both sides of the argument are needed. Forums need people who both like and dislike whatever it is they are discussing because it makes everything way more interesting. It can also lead to each side discovering something they hadn't thought of before. So that's why I'm still here.

Now, Zero, if you don't mind me asking: why are you here? I understand you want to get it and that's cool. But if it's really all about you buying this game, then why post on a forum? Oh sure, I can understand wanting to soak up all the info you can on the game, but you can go to any number of game sites for that. But why post and engage in discussion then if it's all about you? It doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not sure what you mean with "all about me". If you refer to my earlier post, then I was only talking about who will and will not buy the game. I'm not that worried about sales and if the franchise will survive. I don't really care who else will buy the game, if the franchise is meant to survive, then it will. So it is up to each individual to find out if this game is worth buying, if it is worth supporting the survival of the franchise or not. I think it is, so I will buy it.
Anyways, to respond to your counter-question, I'm here, because I like to talk about the new Devil May Cry, discuss the different aspects of it and share this fandom of mine with other people in the fandom. Being on this forum has also provided me with some more insight on not only this game, but the original series as well. The knowledge I have of this franchise comes primarily from the games, but by being here I have learned more about the world of Devil May Cry. For example, I didn't know there was an alternate version of Vergil called Gilver who had wrappings around his face. This is not just a great source of information and news, but it is also interesting to read about people's take on different things, their theories on some of the unexplained plotholes of the game and their opinions all that is Devil May Cry. There are also some awesome people on here and the environment is alot calmer than other forums I have been on. It's comfortable to post on here, because people here respect eachother, some less than others, but there's still a tranquil and pleasant mood on here. I enjoy being around here, hence why I am here.

The reason I asked that question to start with is because it looked like there were people on here who did not enjoy being here. Like someone with their hand into a jar of scorpions and not wanting to pull it out. However, I'm glad I got such positive response on my question, because I actually thought some would rage against me for just asking, taking it personally. I'm grateful none of you have, as that was never what I meant with it. I am also glad to see there aren't any of you who do so just to troll and hate on the game and those who like it to bring the mood down on purpose, something I have also experienced alot of on other forums. This forum is overall a pleasant place to be. ^^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This situation has occurred vice versa. Some people have rejected me simply because I like DmC. I just want everyone to get along on these forums, as I have noticed that older members post less frequently and when they do, not in the DmC section.

*raises hand, sighing* Guilty as charged.

Dante47

And what are their real intentions since you seem to be more enlightened about the subject than me?
I don't know. I'm just trying to piece together what I have. I think their intentions are too make the previous Dante cooler and a better character while not completely changing him.
*raises hand, sighing* Guilty as charged.
:D Don't worry. I think we are all a little guilty about something similar to this. I'm not excluding myself either. I was just trying to make us all more aware.

McdD

I don't know. I'm just trying to piece together what I have. I think their intentions are too make the previous Dante cooler and a better character while not completely changing him.
They have changed him. And Capcom/Nt even said original Dante was outdated and would be laughed at.

You don't know their intentions. In other words it's just your opinion of what their intention is.

But hypothetically if their intention was what you think it is: to make previous Dante cooler and a better character:

- How come DmC Dante is a smoker
- How come he has black hair
- How come he's no longer half demon and half human but half demon and half angel
- How come Nt/Capcom disrespects original Dante with their comments?

They have completed changed what is known as Dante.

So if i highly doubt their intentions is to pay tribute to original Dante by making his character better.
If anything they have just used original Dante's popularity to boost the one they have made.

Dante47

They have changed him. And Capcom/Nt even said original Dante was outdated and would be laughed at.

You don't know their intentions. In other words it's just your opinion of what their intention is.

But hypothetically if their intention was what you think it is: to make previous Dante cooler and a better character:

- How come DmC Dante is a smoker
- How come he has black hair
- How come he's no longer half demon and half human but half demon and half angel
- How come Nt/Capcom disrespects original Dante with their comments?

They have completed changed what is known as Dante.

So if i highly doubt their intentions is to pay tribute to original Dante by making his character better.
If anything they have just used original Dante's popularity to boost the one they have made.
Smoking - Not sure if it is still a part of DmC.
Black Hair - Since this is a redo of the origin story, it might not stay. He will very likely have white hair again.
Angel/Demon hybrid - Again, its a redo of the origin story. I didn't say he was going to be exactly the same.
NT's comments - Again, they said they would make them cooler but not entirely change him.

How does this fall out of line with what I think? I never said he would be the same, but that he develop into something similar to the previous Dante. Not the same.

You are also way off topic my friend.

McdD

Smoking - Not sure if it is still a part of DmC.
Black Hair - Since this is a redo of the origin story, it might not stay. He will very likely have white hair again.
Angel/Demon hybrid - Again, its a redo of the origin story. I didn't say he was going to be exactly the same.
NT's comments - Again, they said they would make them cooler but not entirely change him.

How does this fall out of line with what I think? I never said he would be the same, but that he develop into something similar to the previous Dante. Not the same.

You are also way off topic my friend.
Redo? What the ***** is that supposed to mean lol?
It's a REOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOT.
It doesn't have to answer to original story or it's character.

And the comments made about original Dante is far from flattering. Your just flushing it down the drain as if they are paying tribute to original Dante by making "a better him"? Seriously? I fail to see the tribute.

Whatever. And your off topic too i guess....my friend.

ZeroLove

You just preached about Alex Jones laughing at someone's "question" on E3. And now you make fun of someone on here for writing "redo" instead of "reboot". Shame on you.

AngelMode

Also, it's reboot not reoboot... or whatever.

I've heard as many negative as well as positive comments done by NT/Capcom concerning Dante. And they have praised the games over and over, saying how well the gameplay was. Saying "Dante isn't as cool anymore" does not necessarily mean that he never was. Ask a kid to play Mario in 2D and then ask him to play it on a 3D, he will like the 3D better, but someone who grew up with the 2D will like the 2D better. Same stuff, we loved the old Dante, so growing out of it and say "he isn't cool anymore" isn't something we appreciate... but it might be true for some newer audiences

Dante47

And the comments made about original Dante is far from flattering. Your just flushing it down the drain as if they are paying tribute to original Dante by making "a better him"? Seriously? I fail to see the tribute.

What's your issue mate? Redo means "done again". Reboot wouldn't work in that sentence. I never said it was tribute either, I said they were making him better, from their perspective, not mine. And for NT's behalf, the old Dante wasn't exactly flattering either. Capcom destroyed his character through the evolution of the games.

And again, why are you acting like a jerk? I haven't done anything wrong, yet you continue to reply with smart-alec comments that are just plain insulting.

Dante47

What's your issue mate? Redo means "done again". Reboot wouldn't work in that sentence. I never said it was tribute either, I said they were making him better, from their perspective, not mine. And for NT's behalf, the old Dante wasn't exactly flattering either. Capcom destroyed his character through the evolution of the games.

And again, why are you acting like a jerk? I haven't done anything wrong, yet you continue to reply with smart-alec comments that are just plain insulting.

McdD

You just preached about Alex Jones laughing at someone's "question" on E3. And now you make fun of someone on here for writing "redo" instead of "reboot". Shame on you.
Someone (i think Dragonmaster) said The costume DmC Dante is supposed to have for Preorder is better than most costumes he had . and then said *cough* DMc 3* Cough.

DMc 3 Dante had only 1 costume (as far as i am aware). And even if i pointed out that to you, you said "I want to hear it from him".

It's same thing to me: i want to hear Alex's answer.
But looking past my interest in the answer, bringing up the question only to mock it is unprofessional.

Don't bring up the question if your going to laugh at it. And why even at E3 if your not going to answer questions? Not everyone knows everything.

Infact Jane Sweetbee whos a member on these forums taught recently DmC was a prequal. And that's after 2+ years of game being known to be released!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I think he was talking about DmC Dante becoming a little bit more mature, personality-wise. The way he put wasn't the best way to express what he was trying to say.

DMC1 Dante is pretty outdated though... those sequences during the credits made me remember a really bad karate movie or something taken from a Bruce Lee movie.
Did you seriously just insult BRUCE LEE movies,

Top Bottom