• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

Dante47

I made this thread to discuss something Meg brought to my attention.

A lot of the supporters aren't exactly being kind to skeptics. Whether you love or hate the game, we can all agree on this. People need to be tolerant of others opinion.

This thread will also serve as a safe haven for skeptics. It seems as if this forum will not allow people to show why they dislike the game. If you wish to voice your specific or general concern for the game, please do so here. No one will be allowed to condemn your opinion.

Rules:
  • THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO VOICE INDIVIDUAL OPINIONS OR CONCERNS FOR THE LATEST DEVIL MAY CRY.
  • YOU CAN POST A CONCERN FOR THE GAME HERE
  • FANS OR SUPPORTERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BASH OR REJECT SOMEONE'S SPECIFIC CONCERN IN THIS THREAD.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
very nice thread dante47, and if i have offended any of the people who don't like DmC, i am sorry and i do not want to burden those that have a different opinion of mine. i hope i have not done that, but just in case i have i am very sorry, and i know not everyone is gonna like DmC. :)

Reactions: Meg

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm not sure I fit in ether category since my only interest in this game is do to the fact that it bares the DMC name and it's fate might determine the fate of the franchise but other than that I've no interest. I'm not skeptical I'm just not interested enough to be ether. To me it's no more than a high budget fanfic.

Dante47

very nice thread dante47, and if i have offended any of the people who don't like DmC, i am sorry and i do not want to burden those that have a different opinion of mine. i hope i have not done that, but just in case i have i am very sorry, and i know not everyone is gonna like DmC. :)
This situation has occurred vice versa. Some people have rejected me simply because I like DmC. I just want everyone to get along on these forums, as I have noticed that older members post less frequently and when they do, not in the DmC section.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
This situation has occurred vice versa. Some people have rejected me simply because I like DmC. I just want everyone to get along on these forums, as I have noticed that older members post less frequently and when they do, not in the DmC section.
i understand, i wished there could be peace among us as well. where people could discuss instead of argue, chat instead of insulting, and hell maybe get along with one another.

Nelo_Vergil

you have to remember skeptics aren't always nice to supporters, even now that's the case. Skeptics are considered haters for the same reason supporters are considered sheep. Sometimes people just don't like their logic filled reason being denied by others.

Dante47

you have to remember skeptics aren't always nice to supporters, even now that's the case. Skeptics are considered haters for the same reason supporters are considered sheep. Sometimes people just don't like their logic filled reason being denied by others.
As I've said, the supporters can hate as well. They'll gang up on someone who even who has the smallest concern. Its happened on these very forums and we all know it.

Nelo_Vergil

Supporters aren't always nice to skeptics either.

the OP said vice versa that's why i said that lol. I don't mean for it to come out wrong was just reminding both sides aren't innocent. Both are grouped the way they are for a reason. The skeptics for bashing the game so badly when the TGS trailer came out. The supporters for to this day still supporting the game and having people who are ignorant to it's flaws.

again just thought it was fair to remind that both sides aren't innocent.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Sorry to be a downer but this will not help anything.

I have gotten into this many times before about people respecting others opinions and SOME(not all) people whether it be supporters are skeptics REFUSE to do so.

Sketpics (not haters) feel legitimate CONCERN about the game and give reasons as to WHY they do not like it. But some of the supporters feel the need to challenge that opinion simply because they do not share the same views. Sure it would be easier for them to just let it go, but some people are simply stuck in there ways.

Now I can understand how Supporters can become made at "Haters" who simply hate the game and constantly throw insult without reason.

But thats the difference between "Skeptics" and "Haters" that SOME "Supporters" can't understand,

Skeptics are skeptical about this change but willing to give it a chance IF it appeals to their tastes.

Haters are people who have already made up their minds that this game is going to suck and thus express that through constant bashing.

Two clear differences really.

Dante47

I have gotten into this many times before about people respecting others opinions and SOME(not all) people whether it be supporters are skeptics REFUSE to do so.

Sketpics (not haters) feel legitimate CONCERN about the game and give reasons as to WHY they do not like it. But some of the supporters feel the need to challenge that opinion simply because they do not share the same views. Sure it would be easier for them to just let it go, but some people are simply stuck in there ways.

Now I can understand how Supporters can become made at "Haters" who simply hate the game and constantly throw insult without reason.

But thats the difference between "Skeptics" and "Haters" that SOME "Supporters" can't understand,

Skeptics are skeptical about this change but willing to give it a chance IF it appeals to their tastes.

Haters are people who have already made up their minds that this game is going to suck and thus express that through constant bashing.

But this is why I made the thread. So skeptics (not haters) can voice their opinion with out being challenged by supporters.

Nelo_Vergil

another thing skeptics will always be challenged by supporters but sometimes that mainly to see if they have a legitimate reason for concern. Other times it to bash someone's opinion because they don't agree

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Conflict is the very nature of humanity.We can't really just stop it.
Others tend to argue because they want to prove how right they are or how morally right they are.Then if you have prove someone that he/she is wrong,what would you gain? Pleasure? A sense of superiority?
Respecting an opinion is not really that hard.People are the ones who is making that hard.

Dante47

another thing skeptics will always be challenged by supporters but sometimes that mainly to see if they have a legitimate reason for concern. Other times it to bash someone's opinion because they don't agree
Did you not read what he said? He said that skeptics are bashed, not haters. They are different.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

By who's definition would it be a "legitimate" reason?

The supporters?

Thats the thing really, this all boils down to OPINIONS and not FACTS.

What might be minimal to you may be major to someone else.

That is why you should not write their opinion off as blind hate when it really could be a legitimate concern (TO THEM).

And i rarely ever see "Skeptics" bash supporters for liking the game.

"Haters" is another thing however.

AngelMode

Haters are simply people who say the game is bad. The skeptics are those who have legitimate reasons to say that some aspects aren't looking good. It's pretty obvious but some people can't distinguish between the two.

Well, since we are in the skeptics talk, here are some of the stuff I'm not liking about this game so far:

First of all, gameplay-wise, it would be the DT. If you had like a "Burst" function like in DMC3 and Nero but instead of damaging nearby enemies it launches them in the air for a period of time then that's fine. But keeping them in the air for the duration of the DT is kinda retarded.... I also wonder how this works on bosses... maybe it makes everything go in slow motion... which makes everything too easy. Though I have seen that the DT bar depletes reaaally fast so that's ok.

Another gameplay feature I liked about DMC is the targeting system. If this game does not support that then I don't know how I will feel about it since I might attack enemies I don't want to.

Enemies is the other thing. Except for bosses, all the enemies look like dolls; in other words, they all look the same to me. Make some more organic enemies pop up like the bosses and it would make this better.

And I guess more to come once I see more of the game...

Dante47

First of all, gameplay-wise, it would be the DT. If you had like a "Burst" function like in DMC3 and Nero but instead of damaging nearby enemies it launches them in the air for a period of time then that's fine. But keeping them in the air for the duration of the DT is kinda retarded.... I also wonder how this works on bosses... maybe it makes everything go in slow motion... which makes everything too easy. Though I have seen that the DT bar depletes reaaally fast so that's ok.

Another gameplay feature I liked about DMC is the targeting system. If this game does not support that then I don't know how I will feel about it since I might attack enemies I don't want to.

Enemies is the other thing. Except for bosses, all the enemies look like dolls; in other words, they all look the same to me. Make some more organic enemies pop up like the bosses and it would make this better.

And I guess more to come once I see more of the game...
Thank you for understanding the point of this thread.

Though I do like the game, I am rather worried about the gameplay. I'm afraid bosses might fall into the normal hack n' slash boss category and not be unique like other games.
Though I haven't played the game hands on, it looks kinda easy.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
The only thing i really don't like in the game is the devil trigger.
I find other aspects amazing and the others average.

Nelo_Vergil

By who's definition would it be a "legitimate" reason?

The supporters?

Thats the thing really, this all boils down to OPINIONS and not FACTS.

What might be minimal to you may be major to someone else.

That is why you should not write their opinion off as blind hate when it really could be a legitimate concern (TO THEM).

And i rarely ever see "Skeptics" bash supporters for liking the game.

"Haters" is another thing however.

i meant supporters will challenge skeptics to bash their opinion because it isn't one they agree with. That brings me to what i said before what someone considers to be flawless logic when argued might make them mad.

The only example of the above that i can think of are theories for bleach and it's plot. One thing i think i should mention, and mind you not all people do this, but some supporters will challenge a skeptic, and i do this on rare ocassions >.<, to distinguish the from haters.

It's actually pretty hard to tell a hater from skeptic time to time.

Did you not read what he said? He said that skeptics are bashed, not haters. They are different.

let me double check t make sure what i said didn't come out wrong because i swear that's what i was trying to say.

another thing skeptics will always be challenged by supporters but sometimes that mainly to see if they have a legitimate reason for concern. >Other times it to bash someone's opinion because they don't agree<

i think the >< was clear enough but if it wasn't well now it is ^_^.

Others tend to argue because they want to prove how right they are or how morally right they are.

that i couldn't have put it better myself well said seighart to bad i'm all out of cookies

Nelo_Vergil

The only thing i really don't like in the game is the devil trigger.
I find other aspects amazing and the others average.

hopefully that changes near the end of the game ^_^ or we get vergil with DT considering vergil was learned and accpected his powers before dante

Top Bottom