• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

AngelMode

Thank you for understanding the point of this thread.

Though I do like the game, I am rather worried about the gameplay. I'm afraid bosses might fall into the normal hack n' slash boss category and not be unique like other games.
Though I haven't played the game hands on, it looks kinda easy.

Oh yeah, you're right. That one boss we saw footage of was just... I mean the guy was just mashing the crap out of regular rebellion combo and doing huge amounts of damage. I'm guessing the game is probably in easy mode since it is the demo but still...

Tameen did say that the bosses will challenge you in a certain ability that you had acquired beforehand. Like, for example, I think the larva boss you have to use the whip to move around.

Nelo_Vergil

Oh yeah, you're right. That one boss we saw footage of was just... I mean the guy was just mashing the crap out of regular rebellion combo and doing huge amounts of damage. I'm guessing the game is probably in easy mode since it is the demo but still...

Tameen did say that the bosses will challenge you in a certain ability that you had acquired beforehand. Like, for example, I think the larva boss you have to use the whip to move around.

so think something along the lines of the savior fight from DMC4. if you didn't get moving he'd kill you.... well not really i don't ever remember falling to my death

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It's actually pretty hard to tell a hater from skeptic time to time.

Not hard at all if you ask me.

Just see which actually gives a REASON as to why they dislike something.

Take this as a example,

*Hater Post*

That trailer sucked, This game is going to freaken fail so hard I guarantee it, NT does not know what the hell they are doing f*&k Capcom.

*Skeptic Post*

Was not impressed with the trailer really. The Devil Trigger isn't impressive really and only looks like a variation of the quicksilver style that slows enemies down and launches them into the air for easier aerial combat. If you ask me NT should try to incorporate more versions of the DT so this one doesn't get stale.
The high emphasis on aerial combat has me worried also, I'm ok with aerial combat just so long as its not the driving force.

See the clear difference?

Dante47

Exactly. Though I did try out DMC4 on Human and the first boss you can just whack at and it dies. But again, we won't know until we get the game hands on and play it ourselves.

But then again, I've noticed a lot of attacks knock enemies right out on the ground, making them incapable of movement.
Also, I feel the Demon weapons/combos shouldn't have as much range. I think that Angel moves should have large range and be quick but not be very powerful. But the Demon moves should be slow and not have much attack distance.
so think something along the lines of the savior fight from DMC4. if you didn't get moving he'd kill you.... well not really i don't ever remember falling to my death
Didn't I say you can't challenge someone's opinion?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I swear.Ninja theory better have a demo for DmC this E3.
Or who wants to wait until gamescom again?
xD

Dante47

Another issue is the misinformation from the TGS 2010 trailer. It was a really confusing time, giving some very bad impressions to long time fans and new comers alike.

AngelMode

Exactly. Though I did try out DMC4 on Human and the first boss you can just whack at and it dies. But again, we won't know until we get the game hands on and play it ourselves.

But then again, I've noticed a lot of attacks knock enemies right out on the ground, making them incapable of movement.
Also, I feel the Demon weapons/combos shouldn't have as much range. I think that Angel moves should have large range and be quick but not be very powerful. But the Demon moves should be slow and not have much attack distance.

I actually saw a new ability that the demon with the chainsaw showed. It glows red and whenever you hit it the demon does not move from the spot and cannot be knocked back. I dunno what that was but it looked interesting... like devil trigger from DMD modes.
xD

They have it. It's on Wednesday.

Unless it is the same one... which I will rage and call NT dumb for showing the same crap over and over.

Another issue is the misinformation from the TGS 2010 trailer. It was a really confusing time, giving some very bad impressions to long time fans and new comers alike.

That left a bitter taste one everyone's mouths.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i also saw the glowing chainsaw puppet, it looked like that was it's version of block where you couldn't just constantly hit it.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Unless it is the same one... which I will rage and call NT dumb for showing the same crap over and over.

looooool
If they really want to impress people, they better show a new stage or show that boss fight or any other mind blowing thing that they have spent doing for 2 years.

DarkSlayer54

I hate, and like things from the recent E3 interview. Dante doesn't have that emo look/attitude anymore from what I've seen. He seems to be more dynamic and far deeper designed.

What I hate, is how they explain demons with limbo... and how they ignore the timelines of previous DMC's. That really bummed me out. I was really hoping that they would be connecting the games, but after the interview... It doesn't really seem like that's the case.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What I hate, is how they explain demons with limbo... and how they ignore the timelines of previous DMC's. That really bummed me out. I was really hoping that they would be connecting the games, but after the interview... It doesn't really seem like that's the case.
This is not a DMC game, it's its own thing and it's laws differ drasticly from the original franchise so there is little to no relation to the other games. Storywise there is no relation, just some names and events, some details here and there.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
looooool
If they really want to impress people, they better show a new stage or show that boss fight or any other mind blowing thing that they have spent doing for 2 years.
I cannot stand spoilers....they make me cringe if i feel i've seen to much. Especially after Uncharted 3 when it spoiled basically every BA thing in the game......and it made for a less satisfying experience.
But for some reason i cannot take my eyes off this game.

The DT looks pretty pathetic but i've seen Dante land on the ground and keep fighting in DT mode. Apparently its all just based on a timer and all the enemies stay up in the air. So you could pull an enemy out of the air and do whatever you want to them.
But it's still just QuickSilver. If you can keep your DT charged by connecting consecutive hits, that might be pretty fun, but it still seems like even that would get stale after a while.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
xD
NO, DARN IT NO!! XD; But I know that we'll have more demoes. Two more, I think. So I'm not worried. =)

i also saw the glowing chainsaw puppet, it looked like that was it's version of block where you couldn't just constantly hit it.
I think it was their form of DT. Pretty certain.

As for Dante's angel/devil trigger...it needs some tweaks. Rest of the game is really good. Just that DT need to be tweaked a bit and the difficulty needs to be upped. That's it. I'm not really concerned about the game apart from that. Seems to be shaping up nicely.

ZeroLove

I am pretty selfish about this, tbh. I only care about me getting it, I don't really care if other people will. The game releases, I'm buying it and then I will play it. If the sales aren't good enough, well, then it is probably bye bye Devil May Cry forever which will be sad, but it had a good run and I will treasure it forever. However, if it does sell good, then we can expect another game, so yay! Either way, it is up to each individual to decide wether or not they will buy this game for whatever reason.

People can think of it whatever they want. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone can post that opinion on here and everyone on here can comment on it, discuss about it and so on, within the rules of the forum of course. One way or another, we are all Devil May Cry fans here and I think we should all remember that while being on this forum. There is one thing I am wondering though. I wrote a post to Berto, but he never replied to it, either because he ignored it or simply didn't read it, but I think I will repost it here:

Berto, I think you should just sit this one out. You don't seem to like anything about this game, so maybe one of the future games will appeal to you or you can play the old games, but why stick around this part of the forum when you don't like the game? I don't say you aren't entitled to your opinion, of course you are, but there is no reason for you to be here if you don't want to be here. I wouldn't stay around a forum about a game I didn't like either, it's like putting your hand into a jar of scorpions and not wanting to pull it out, but rather keep telling people how much it sucks. Pull the hand out of the jar and spare yourself the misery.
Please don't misunderstand me, it is not because I don't want you around and I am in no way trying to make you leave if you don't want to, I just don't get why you are around when you clearly don't like the game. Maybe you could explain it to me?

Instead of just Berto, I ask this to all the skeptics on here who don't like the direction this new Devil May Cry have taken. Please know that I mean no disrespect, I am not trying to make any of you leave, of course you can all be here and I am glad you guys are here, because you are part of what makes this forum a good place to be and discuss the game with! I am just asking this, because I would personally never stay around a forum about a game I didn't like. If a franchise I loved suddenly took a turn in a direction I didn't like, then I would (and I have) follow up on the news about it, but that's about it.
Like I wrote in the quote above, maybe you guys could explain it to me.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
The game releases, I'm buying it and then I will play it. If the sales aren't good enough, well, then it is probably bye bye Devil May Cry forever which will be sad, but it had a good run and I will treasure it forever. However, if it does sell good, then we can expect another game, so yay!

Question! How many sales does DmC: Devil may cry need to continue?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If it sales 1 million is still hope they would continue it.
maybe if it only sold half their expectations they would go back to original cannon, but that's just an assumption from me. maybe a year or so from DmC's release we will see what capcom plans to do with devil may cry.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I am just asking this, because I would personally never stay around a forum about a game I didn't like. If a franchise I loved suddenly took a turn in a direction I didn't like, then I would (and I have) follow up on the news about it, but that's about it. Like I wrote in the quote above, maybe you guys could explain it to me.

I can't speak for any other skeptic, but I stick around because I WANT to like this game. It's connected, however loosely, to my favorite franchise, so I'm invested in it and I want to consider things about it that I might enjoy even if I still wish it had nothing to do with DMC. Like it or not, this is all we're getting for the next couple of years, and if it tanks completely, that's the end of the series for good. I want to find upsides to it and I want it to do well enough to keep the universe alive. So I keep a really close eye on new information, rumors, interviews, and fan discussions and debates. Being a skeptic doesn't mean giving up before I actually get the game in my hands and see how its reception affects future DMC games. I mean, I guess I could, but I'm not that pessimistic. The environments are really really SICK.

Top Bottom