• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skeptics and Supporters (the concern thread)

Are you worried about DmC's fate?

• Total voters

swordofsparda2000

i hope it will be good the only problem was that dantes hair is black (i don't have that problem anymore) and that he smoked i mean what the hell i shouted in rage in the middle of class and got in trouble but the game does look funky and fresh but please all i want is a good story ( no plot holes) cool fight scenes and dante not smoking anyone else agree

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
i hope it will be good the only problem was that dantes hair is black (i don't have that problem anymore) and that he smoked i mean what the hell i shouted in rage in the middle of class and got in trouble but the game does look funky and fresh but please all i want is a good story ( no plot holes) cool fight scenes and dante not smoking anyone else agree

I don't think Dante smokes anymore. From recent trailers atleast.
I never have a problem with skeptics. It's haters I don't like. They only have one reason to like it, "THE HAIR."

Nelo_Vergil

Exactly. Though I did try out DMC4 on Human and the first boss you can just whack at and it dies. But again, we won't know until we get the game hands on and play it ourselves.

But then again, I've noticed a lot of attacks knock enemies right out on the ground, making them incapable of movement.
Also, I feel the Demon weapons/combos shouldn't have as much range. I think that Angel moves should have large range and be quick but not be very powerful. But the Demon moves should be slow and not have much attack distance.

Didn't I say you can't challenge someone's opinion?

want to make clear that was not a challenge :/ i was trying to give a better image of what the fight could be like

Azurel

As I've said, the supporters can hate as well. They'll gang up on someone who even who has the smallest concern. Its happened on these very forums and we all know it.

Could you give me an example, please? I honestly don't remember that happening. Either way, it seems that while the supporter are willing to accept a few flaws in DmC, the detractors are willing to accept nothing but flaws.

Example: We're not allowed to tell the detractors to just "not buy the game" if they don't like it. But then they tell us that if "we don't like their posts, then don't read them."

You see what I'm getting at here? It's an unfair double standard.

You can't tell us that "we're not allowed to tell you to avoid what you don't like" when you go and do the exact same thing.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
Ok first I want to remind you that everything that follows is merely my opinion.

Many people discuss very specific details in DmC, the color of his hair, the music, all details. I can't focus on those details because I don't like the general atmosphere conveyed by this game... so the details don't mater, which explains why I don't think I should make a deep analysis of it. If the basis is bad, details won't save it.
What I call the basis is Dante, in my opinion he's the essential part, not the gameplay, the music, ... old Dante was an icon, what about new Dante?
He smokes, he's a sexual deviant, in the last e3 trailer he writes "f**k you" on a sheet of paper, he rises his middle finger, we can almost read "f*** you" written on his forehead. Is this really the way you guys think a cool guy should behave?
Is this an icon to be followed, is this the way you want to behave? It's the most laughed at part of a little teenager's behavior, it's the "rebellious teenager" cliché, a guy who feels the need to force himself to behave in what he calls a stylish behavior to sound stylish but looks even more ridiculous because of that in the end xD.
There are many conflicts with which we deal the best we can on this forum because we just don't say "f**** you" to each other, old Dante was a friendly and funny hero(can you imagine such a think in a video game?? I call it a miracle!) and it endowed him with a special kind of strength which made him stylish. New Dante is serious and unfriendly but he is a kid...if he was an adult and had really good reasons to be serious like real responsibilities involving other people depending on him, his children or whatever it would be OK but here...It's just because he is afraid of not sounding cool.
And no details will ever change that. The original Dante was a model to follow, new Dante is just the contrary: everything you should not do in you life: disrespect people, not be able to laugh at yourself, smoke, be antisocial, ...
The music won't change it, the gameplay won't change it, no details will ever change it.
I think devil may cry shouldn't go that way, DmC can go on but it just shouldn't be called Devil may cry because it may have many superficial elements in common but it misses Devil May Cry's point, and it has therefore nothing to do with Devil may Cry.

Now tell me, is this a superficial and bad reason to disagree with this game? Does it have anything to do with westernization, culture or fashion? If this is all what we occidentals can do then we suck, but I really, really don't think it is. We are not little emo kids, and our video game culture is not inferior to the japanese one.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
He smokes, he's a sexual deviant, in the last e3 trailer he writes "f**k you" on a sheet of paper, he rises his middle finger, we can almost read "f*** you" written on his forehead. Is this really the way you guys think a cool guy should behave?
Is this an icon to be followed, is this the way you want to behave? It's the most laughed at part of a little teenager's behavior, it's the "rebellious teenager" cliché, a guy who feels the need to force himself to behave in what he calls a stylish behavior to sound stylish but looks even more ridiculous because of that in the end xD.

Everything that is written in this is mostly okay for most westerners.I think.
But i'm sure there will be a huge character development in the game that will change new dante's attitude,personality and life.

ZeroLove

Question! How many sales does DmC: Devil may cry need to continue?

Like chocolateghost said, they are expecting the 2 mill. If they at least get that, then I think they will make more Devil May Cry games, either a sequal to the new one or maybe a follow-up on the original series. If not, then we might never see any Devil May Cry game ever again.

I can't speak for any other skeptic, but I stick around because I WANT to like this game. It's connected, however loosely, to my favorite franchise, so I'm invested in it and I want to consider things about it that I might enjoy even if I still wish it had nothing to do with DMC. Like it or not, this is all we're getting for the next couple of years, and if it tanks completely, that's the end of the series for good. I want to find upsides to it and I want it to do well enough to keep the universe alive. So I keep a really close eye on new information, rumors, interviews, and fan discussions and debates. Being a skeptic doesn't mean giving up before I actually get the game in my hands and see how its reception affects future DMC games. I mean, I guess I could, but I'm not that pessimistic. The environments are really really SICK.

Thank you for answering my question, it was really nice of you and I think your answer is really good. ^^

Danteredgrave

Everything that is written in this is mostly okay for most westerners.I think.
But i'm sure there will be a huge character development in the game that will change new dante's attitude,personality and life.
I would love it... I hope they'll eventually understand what is likable in this kind of hero. But I think they've put white hair and a red jacket on Dante so far (to illustrate is evolution) just to say "ok stop crying! here are your f***ing white hair, you're happy now??", as if all the people upset with it were all just fashion maniacs or something...as if this was what really matters.
So I think they won't understand Dante's original exceptional stylishness...or rather they are not able to like it, and if they can't like devil may cry...how could they go that way?
I hope they'll come to understand that they are other ways to be cool than the stereotypical arrogance/coldness....but I'm rather skeptical about this....(don't listen to me I'm a pessimistic guy it's my nature! xD)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Love and tolerate, that's the average brony code, run and destroy, this is my code

The average brony code means to love and tolerate trolls

My brony code means to track a troll down to their hometown, then run in with a m16 with a m9 grenade launcher attachment( like in Terminator 2) And run around their home town causing GTA style destruction till I finally manage to destroy them.

Aren't I an angel?

Nelo_Vergil

Love and tolerate, that's the average brony code, run and destroy, this is my code

The average brony code means to love and tolerate trolls

My brony code means to track a troll down to their hometown, then run in with a m16 with a m9 grenade launcher attachment( like in Terminator 2) And run around their home town causing GTA style destruction till I finally manage to destroy them.

Aren't I an angel?

View attachment 208

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
I would love it... I hope they'll eventually understand what is likable in this kind of hero. But I think they've put white hair and a red jacket on Dante so far (to illustrate is evolution) just to say "ok stop crying! here are your f***ing white hair, you're happy now??", as if all the people upset with it were all just fashion maniacs or something...as if this was what really matters.
So I think they won't understand Dante's original exceptional stylishness...or rather they are not able to like it, and if they can't like devil may cry...how could they go that way?
I hope they'll come to understand that they are other ways to be cool than the stereotypical arrogance/coldness....but I'm rather skeptical about this....(don't listen to me I'm a pessimistic guy it's my nature! xD)
Most people are quick to jump to the conclusion that NT specifically designed the DT in order to tell the fans to shut the **** up. But, I don't know, could there be any other reason behind them incorporating it into the game? Earlier on, when the game was still being considered a prequel or a game in the same cannon as the previous games, I could've said that these guys might've implemented the super saiyan trigger in order for it to fit in the cannon. Dante, before DMC3, never activated his DT. So they needed something to replace the DT with. And in came the idea of his demonic side taking over his other sides in this super saiyan trigger. But that argument is invalid now. Even then, I'm pretty darn sure they did it for a reason. If not, then NT just lost some respect from a fan. :<

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i dont think the DT was made soley to shut sceptics up. i mean the DT is a pretty big part of the devil maycry story line. why waste it to silence a few haters. no Tameen has said that this is dantes coming of age story. ie its here he learns what it means to grow up. so i think throughout the game dante will become less rash. and we already know his hair is slightly white so i imagine it becomes more white. so eventually it stays that way. i support this using the man in the mask. we can tell his hair is white/platinum. so if it is vergil he has got an eternal DT. so dante may undergo a similai process as the game advances

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
^ note that the 'hair being slightly white thing' had been absent for a long time. They've been completely black.

And seriously, "eternal DT"? Don't you think it would fit to just refer to it as a phenomena where Vergil is in total control of his demonic side? I mean, Dante IS battling his inner demons. The very first descriptions of the game state that Dante battles his inner selves which might refer to the angel/demon blood in him. The part where Dante goes white haired can't really be called "Devil Trigger" since that is not his demon form. More like his demonic side has taken over his angelic side. So, in my opinion, it would be wrong to term the state of Vergil's existence in an "eternal DT".

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
^ note that the 'hair being slightly white thing' had been absent for a long time. They've been completely black.

And seriously, "eternal DT"? Don't you think it would fit to just refer to it as a phenomena where Vergil is in total control of his demonic side? I mean, Dante IS battling his inner demons. The very first descriptions of the game state that Dante battles his inner selves which might refer to the angel/demon blood in him. The part where Dante goes white haired can't really be called "Devil Trigger" since that is not his demon form. More like his demonic side has taken over his angelic side. So, in my opinion, it would be wrong to term the state of Vergil's existence in an "eternal DT".

i know i just wanted to make my intention and ideas perfectly clear. but youre right. its more like Vergil has mastered control of his demon side rather than an eternal DT

Danteredgrave

Anyway, since when does the change in hair color mean a change in personality....?
It doesn't, I hope they didn't think fans have been only esthetically upset and that therefore an aesthetic fix is enough, it is not...

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
Anyway, since when does the change in hair color mean a change in personality....?
It doesn't, I hope they didn't think fans have been only esthetically upset and that therefore an aesthetic fix is enough, it is not...
Like I said, I don't really think they did it to shut the fans up. Might be some other reason behind its incorporation into the game. But yeah, I guess it can be considered a complimentary reason. We don't know anything for sure.

By the way, the hair isn't the only thing that changes, you know. ;o

Danteredgrave

Like I said, I don't really think they did it to shut the fans up. Might be some other reason behind its incorporation into the game. But yeah, I guess it can be considered a complimentary reason. We don't know anything for sure.

By the way, the hair isn't the only thing that changes, you know. ;o
I'm not too sure the hair isn't the only think they are able to change but yes... like you said it may not have been made purposely in order to shut fans up....even if it turned out to shut some fans up xD

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
Well, there's some environmental changes, it almost seems like Dante gets possessed for a split second, and his black coat become red. lol

...yeah, I think you know all that already. Sorry, I can't possibly try to be funny. I suck. :<

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Propably I will rewrite my old post: As I mentioned in some earlier DmC threads I been on neutral side between hater or supporter, yes the first trailer maded me to go in to hate ( Why they changed his ****ing hair etc.) but when I seen next trailers I began to give hope for game only hoping that this will come to PC , screw that hero now have black hair, is Half-angel, Half-demon, just I changed my views from neutral to supporter of game. Sorry if Im hurting you haters but this is my time to tell that Im indeed DmC supporter from now.

Meg

Instead of just Berto, I ask this to all the skeptics on here who don't like the direction this new Devil May Cry have taken. Please know that I mean no disrespect, I am not trying to make any of you leave, of course you can all be here and I am glad you guys are here, because you are part of what makes this forum a good place to be and discuss the game with! I am just asking this, because I would personally never stay around a forum about a game I didn't like. If a franchise I loved suddenly took a turn in a direction I didn't like, then I would (and I have) follow up on the news about it, but that's about it.
Like I wrote in the quote above, maybe you guys could explain it to me.

very nice thread dante47, and if i have offended any of the people who don't like DmC, i am sorry and i do not want to burden those that have a different opinion of mine. i hope i have not done that, but just in case i have i am very sorry, and i know not everyone is gonna like DmC. :)
Chocoghost, you are one of the most respectful people here. I value your membership here a lot.To answer Zero's question, people like Choco and Dante47 keep me around. The forum has gained a lot of new members since DmC was announced and even though not all of them are great and even though I don't like DmC I still like seeing people like Choco and Dante47 posting and sharing their sigs. So that's why I'm still here. Plus, both sides of the argument are needed. Forums need people who both like and dislike whatever it is they are discussing because it makes everything way more interesting. It can also lead to each side discovering something they hadn't thought of before. So that's why I'm still here.

Now, Zero, if you don't mind me asking: why are you here? I understand you want to get it and that's cool. But if it's really all about you buying this game, then why post on a forum? Oh sure, I can understand wanting to soak up all the info you can on the game, but you can go to any number of game sites for that. But why post and engage in discussion then if it's all about you? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Top Bottom