• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon teases DMC5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The censorship thing is all because of Street Fighter 5 and them censoring it for a "younger, wider audience", the words that helped Capcom become one of the most hated game companies ever.
Yeah SF5 still has all the sexed up and revealing ladies as far as the dick can see, but they still censored some parts of the game and while it may be minor at the moment, it still sucks.
I'm skipping Xenoblade Chronicles X because of it's censorship and that was the only other game I was gonna buy for the WiiU after Bayonetta 2. I can't afford a whole new Japan region Wii U just to play the true version of the game.
If not having a bust slider for customization is enough to break Xenoblade Chronicles for you, then that's kinda sad.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
DMC ladies, all they do is kick ass and look good while doing it, which is the prime point of Devil May Cry's gameplay.

I will agree that most of the DMC girls fit that (Trish, Lucia, and Lady for sure. Not counting Gloria or Kyrie cause well, Gloria is just a disguise, and Kyrie aint ugly but she's no action girl) description.
But THE primepoint of the gameplay?

The main character's a guy

Dante.%28Devil.May.Cry%29.full.1575822.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If not having a bust slider for customization is enough to break Xenoblade Chronicles for you, then that's kinda sad.
I don't support any game that has censorship, I don't care how minor it is, a skimpy outfit or removed customization feature today could mean entire games censored in the future.
It's already happened as an entire gameplay segment was removed from Splinter Cell Blacklist.

I'll still play Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'm just gonna buy it preowned.

I will agree that most of the DMC girls fit that (Trish, Lucia, and Lady for sure. Not counting Gloria or Kyrie cause well, Gloria is just a disguise, and Kyrie aint ugly but she's no action girl) description.
But THE primepoint of the gameplay?

The main character's a guy
I'm talking about the primary point of the gameplay as a whole, the whole point of Devil May Cry's gameplay is to kick ass and look cool while doing it, as in killing demons and building up your style meter.
The ladies who are with Dante are just as cool as he is, they fit the point, though yeah apart from Kyrie, but she's not with Dante.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Stop. Stop...
Stop everything....
Ah come on man, Lilith was fugly, but Kat was kinda cute
....um, kinda?
N580sNN.jpg
The only girls from the original DMC series that came close to being as adorable as Kat was Kyrie, and she only wins the Bae Contest because of how much I love her voice actress (who also did the voice for Lady, which only adds to the steam factor).
But in terms of character, attraction aside, neither are my favorite DMC gal in terms of character. I was actually discussing this with @Morgan, and we both agree that Beryl from the DMC novels wins the contest by far. She has more charisma, redeeming qualities, and relevance to Dante as a character than Trish, Lady, and Lucia combined.
tumblr_lyb70rSskK1r9en1io1_500.jpg
In terms of all things from the novels that didn't make it to the main canon, Beryl was arguably the biggest loss.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Stop. Stop...
Stop everything....

....um, kinda?
N580sNN.jpg
The only girls from the original DMC series that came close to being as adorable as Kat was Kyrie, and she only wins the Bae Contest because of how much I love her voice actress (who also did the voice for Lady, which only adds to the steam factor).
I use the word 'kinda' very lightly

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Forget 'bout the chicks for a minute. Just give me Dante in front of a camera, half a pizza sticking outta his mouth, announcing DMC 5 to us.

Alright, then we can add the babes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Stop. Stop...
Stop everything....

....um, kinda?
N580sNN.jpg

Kat looks so effing adorable there. I just wanna cuddle her.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Forget 'bout the chicks for a minute. Just give me Dante in front of a camera, half a pizza sticking outta his mouth, announcing DMC 5 to us.

Alright, then we can add the babes.
I believe that right after he announces it, they should all just materialize behind him, bikini-clad and showering confetti everywhere.

Yeah, that'd be a pretty good announcement trailer. No gameplay required.
@WolfOD64
Okay, edited it to say "Kat was pretty cute"
Good. Things are on a factual basis now.
Kat looks so effing adorable there. I just wanna cuddle her.
You gotta get in line to cuddle with the Kat. I also got dibs on tapping her egg timer.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The censorship thing is all because of Street Fighter 5 and them censoring it for a "younger, wider audience", the words that helped Capcom become one of the most hated game companies ever.
Yeah SF5 still has all the sexed up and revealing ladies as far as the dick can see, but they still censored some parts of the game and while it may be minor at the moment, it still sucks.
I'm skipping Xenoblade Chronicles X because of it's censorship and that was the only other game I was gonna buy for the WiiU after Bayonetta 2. I can't afford a whole new Japan region Wii U just to play the true version of the game.

I want DMC3 & DMC4 style of sexy ladies to return, the common gaming ladies that are always seen in the Japanese gaming culture, not some toned down bores for the western babies.

Really as a whole I want DMC5 to be a Japanese Game that is not made or changed in anyway to appeal to the western audience, other than English voice actors of course.
Lady and Trish were dusty as hell. Only sexy they had was the "y" used for fugly.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@WolfOD64: Hey, it'll do me. I'm easily pleased. And with 7+ years waiting, most of us would take anything at this point. Even if it was some overweight chump version of Dante, having gotten too fat off of pizza and strawberry sundaes.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
guess no thread can go without DmC stuff, but if we talk about Kat she was straight ugly in game with out of proportion face, strabismus and according to her in game model broken legs bent in wrong directions. But guess any kind of junk has its buyer, so maybe to some she was cute >_>

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
@WolfOD64: Hey, it'll do me. I'm easily pleased. And with 7+ years waiting, most of us would take anything at this point. Even if it was some overweight chump version of Dante, having gotten too fat off of pizza and strawberry sundaes.

I think that's pushing it a bit
EDIT: But anyway, I expect Trish and Lady to be gorgeous next game. Like DOA5 gorgeous.

guess no thread can go without DmC stuff, but if we talk about Kat she was straight ugly in game with out of proportion face, strabismus and according to her in game model broken legs bent in wrong directions. But guess any kind of junk has its buyer, so maybe to some she was cute >_>
j75vIc8.png

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I hope not.

The only thing worse than him is DMC4.
Fixed that for you.

DMC5? Oh boy, that's gonna be great.
DMC4 was a subpar half-game with so little plot for the new character they were trying so hard to push, that we need another installment to actually get into his story. Capcom got money thrown at em for it.
DMC4 SE was a subpar "edition" 8 years too late to be relevant, with the exact same graphics from back then, 3 characters with their moves being a rehash of Dante's or Nero's, but otherwise the same old half-game and cutscenes with so little relevance we still need a new installment to tell us WTF was going on with Vergil and Nero because it refused to outright confirm anything (anyone that bought the art book or novel paid extra). Capcom got money thrown at em for it (again, extra with the art books and novel).

Now suddenly people are hoping Capcom pulls out the competence it didn't have and gives people a complete and worthwhile game for DMC5? Lmao. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". They're going to push the same half-done crap and bank on the fandom's thirst because that's worked twice now without a hitch. What reason do they have to think different if they're going to get paid no matter what "as long as it's not DmC2"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom