• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (and survival horror in general), kind of disappoints me now...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
You're a wanker. Seriously.
I take it you are referring to me, and not Lain. Well, if being a "wanker" means being a mature and responsible adult, and not acting like a petulant brat that won't get his way, because people have different opinions, I'll take that as a compliment. I am going to continue enjoying the holiday with my family. You enjoy being miserable and have fun with that.

Gasoline Tank

I'll even quote our posts, for you to read.

I would love to see a remake. But I think I would prefer a new game. All they've ever been doing these days is rehashing old games. Sometimes not so well. Capcom, for example.

Both RE2 and 3 had a disappointing chunk of things removed. So if this occurs with this remake, fans are not going to be happy.
I'm a fan of RE, I played all those games on release in JP (until RE4 then it arrived fast in Europe), RE3 is the game I expected the most in my life, I dreamed of it every nights. RE2/3 remakes are both better than the originals.

The reply...

Well, I do respect your opinion. However, the remake of RE3 in particular was heavily panned by critics and fans.

If Konami are to be smart about this, they'll put much love and care into the project. But, really. The series is nothing special without Team Silent at the helm.

The games that Konami published without their involvement, pretty much sucked. They had good storylines, but were otherwise forgettable efforts.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
However, the remake of RE3 in particular was heavily panned by critics and fans.
So? Last I checked, they don't have the final word on everything, nor my opinions on the matter. They their own valid points, but not enough to change my opinion and thoughts on the matter. I don't base my opinions on parroting everyone else's opinions. It's called thinking for yourself.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Somebody on NeoGAF said to me yesterday that the remakes of RE2 and 3 are better than the originals.

Now, people can have differing opinions, so that's okay. But 97% fans will likely disagree with that user's post. ;)
Ehh, I'd say maybe more in the 47-64% range, at least for RE2. I know quite a few ppl who've played both and like RE2make more than OG RE2 and/or think RE2make is better.

I'd not disagree w/ either choice, as long as the person is reasonable and acknowledges both are good. Which they are.

Gasoline Tank

The RE3 remake has just as much cut content as RE2. Yet Capcom fanboys seem oblivious to this, and act as if RE2 did no wrong. Talk about playing favourites.

The RE3 remake sucked, because....

* It was linear.
* Jill was horrible.
* Missing enemies.
* Locations that were only backdrops.
* Nemesis sucked.
* No Barry cameo.
* No dead factory.
* **** poor puzzles.

Those are just examples.

Also, screw what Lance Reddick thinks of us so-called haters. The Netflix series was ass!

Dr. Cheesesteak

Yeah, I have not played RE3make yet and mostly due to the a lot of negative things I've heard about it. But I've also heard positives. I already have it, got it on deep discount on Steam, and plan to play it either after the RE8 DLC or after RE4make. But at least I'll sort of fully know what to expect going in.

Gasoline Tank

Watch when the RE4 remake comes out. Everybody will be annoyed that it's the horror game it was supposed to be. But what about the action? They're really not going to cut back on it too much.

Well, calm yourselves. I think this will be a lot like the original RE4, and RE8. Hope they don't have the quick time events.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Get good.

3euxk7.jpg

Gasoline Tank

Most of the old survival horror games had tank controls. That's what us real horror gamers grew up on. New games may have better controls (in your opinion), but they have terrible storylines, and are blanketed in darkness. Old games got the balance better.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Most of the old survival horror games had tank controls. That's what us real horror gamers grew up on. New games may have better controls (in your opinion), but they have terrible storylines, and are blanketed in darkness. Old games got the balance better.
Congratulations, you just became another douchebag that likes to put down other gamers, because of nostalgia filter and "having a better survival horror experience". This is why most people on this forum can't take you seriously, and neither can I. We're done here.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Congratulations, just became another douchebag that likes to put down other gamers

"Became"? You're talking to someone who used to take the time to make full rant videos about people who he argued with online. One of them was about Goldsickle, I remember.

Since then he's apparently changed YT name and taken those vids down but that's the level of the person you're conversing with right now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Became"? You're talking to someone who used to take the time to make full rant videos about people who he argued with online. One of them was about Goldsickle, I remember.
I vaguely remember them getting into with each other (with HD usually at fault) , but I didn't know about the videos.

Since then he's apparently changed YT name and taken those vids down but that's the level of the person you're conversing with right now.
I noticed. Like I said before, I am done with him and he is not worth talking to anymore. I tried to play nice and help him out a bit, but he gets nothing for now on and forever. Unless he learns not to be a pathetic and despicable human being, and learns to properly respect others. I have nothing else to say on this matter.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I'm a "real horror gamer" who grew up on tank controls and I F'in hated them.

And I don't know how you define "terrible storylines", but I'd say modern horror games have fine storylines and an INSANELY level of better acting than the first, I dunno 10 RE's (including spinoffs).

Dr. Cheesesteak

Really?

Which ones?
You really don't think the new RE's (7, 2make, 3make, 8) have better VA'ing than the previous RE's? Or simply "fine storylines"? If not, can you explain why old RE's have superior VA'ing and why modern RE's stories are not good? I'd honestly like to hear a sincere take.

Top Bottom