• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
That had nothing to do with his philosophical view on humanity though. It was merely a "scientific" way of proving to Dante that it couldn't possibly be meningitis, the reason why he didn't remember anything, because he's physiologically unable to suffer from it.

Actually, it does. Vergil's dialogue subtly makes it clear early on that he sees humans as weak, and that Nephilim are superior.

Also a quote from the tvtropes character page: "When Dante meets him for the first time, he tells him they are fighting for humanity. Dante says he doesn't give a **** about mankind, and rather than try to convince him humans deserve to be free, Vergil smoothly changes his argument to make the stakes more personal. The freedom of humankind doesn't come up again as a worthwhile goal. "

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Actually, it does. Vergil's dialogue subtly makes it clear early on that he sees humans as weak, and that Nephilim are superior

Sounds like a forced implication onto a horse that was simply meant as a way to prove to Dante that he's been lied to in regards to his memory loss and nothing more.

I'd attribute that to his little altercation with Dante about saving Kat, rather.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Sounds like a forced implication onto a horse that was simply meant as a way to prove to Dante that he's been lied to in regards to his memory loss and nothing more.

I'd attribute that to his little altercation with Dante about saving Kat, rather.

I count it as both; scientifically and philoshpoical. Vergil's feelings towards Kat was another clue too, but the one in the beginning of the 2nd chapter subtly let's the you know what is up with him.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
the one in the beginning of the 2nd chapter subtly let's the you know what is up with him.

Tbf I didn't need any clue to know they were gonna pull a DMC3 at the end. The abrupt "Vergil's is the actual final boss" twist was very much expected from me personally. Which opens up a whole other can of worms but I won't talk about it cause after all, it ain't an unpopular opinion.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Game of Thrones Season 8 Spoiler warnings.

You know thinking on it, with the exception of Sansa (I can't help it, I feel like her declaring independence for the North was just so she could be a Queen) I'm pretty happy with how it ended for House Stark

Arya gets to go out and travel the world rather then have to be some Lord's lady like she's never wanted (Though, not gonna lie, I do feel bad for Gendry)

Bran being king? I can actually get behind, and the placing of Elected Monarchy, okay that's cool.

And Jon, we all thought for years that it would end with Jon on the Iron Throne, but honestly we all knew that ending was too obvious. Much as I wanted to end that way, I thought it was very slim. But, maybe Jon was never destined to rule the Seven Kingdoms, just save them. He was the one who railed everyone together to fight the White Walkers, and, much as he broke his heart, he killed Daenerys when he realized she was becoming a monster.

The season felt rushed overall, but honestly it wasn't a bad way to end.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@Foxtrot94

979569-1524801534094-412632_1.jpg

But in all seriousness, you're not the first person to dislike DMC1. At leas you're not acting like an ass about it, unlike some people on YouTube at the time who were copying the AVGN style of reviewing in the mid to late 2000s. I've met some GameStop employee who hated all things DMC or anything related to Clover Studios (God Hand & Viewtiful Joe) and he was a straight up God of War fanboy. He hated those games, because they lacked a block button (it's dude that likes to hold the block button alot). Which stupid and weird, because I mentioned DMC3 & 4 had them, though you had to time your blocks correctly, but he tried to play it off like it was the games fault or a dumb mechanic. I told him it's not DMC's fault you choose not improve yourself. He gave me the look of leave the store, and I gave him the look of not moving till I feel like it. I left after getting a game from a different employee.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
After Dark Souls, we might get another game pretentious enough to claim to be "inventing a new genre" in Death Stranding. Except this time it's not the fans coming up with that bull, but the creator himself.

Well, at the very least I hope for Kojima and his team that, unlike DS, that claim atually holds true in the end.

Meg

*builds trenches and reinforced barricades*

The more I think about it, the more I believe I'm slowly growing to straight up disliking DMC1.
The game was revolutionary for its time, but aged very poorly. There are still things that I like about it, but playing it can get pretty rough. In fact I can’t even remember the last time I bothered playing it because 3,4, and now 5 all exist.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The game was revolutionary for its time, but aged very poorly. There are still things that I like about it, but playing it can get pretty rough. In fact I can’t even remember the last time I bothered playing it because 3,4, and now 5 all exist.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I prefer The Evil Within 1 of The Evil Within 2. It seems to be the other way around for most of the people that played them both.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Boobs>butts
Like @LordOfDarkness, I'm a face guy. A woman's face is what interest me in a woman. But the right boob, and the right butt will also interest me. I've been fortunate to fall in love with a beautiful blonde, that feeling wasn't reciprocated, but I love her still to this day. I've also been fortunate to have lady friends allow me to hug them in a boyfriend-like ways. :)
When did Tameen ever say he disliked the OG series and Bayonetta(Its not hypocritical to take ideas from something you dislike)? Also if you enjoyed Evil within more than RE4 more power to you, I just felt like Evil Within couldn't made up it's mind.
I have a different opinion here. Evil Within did make up their mind, the problem is that people don't understand it. Same will be true with Death Stranding. Evil Within is a zombie game, but also touches upon the "supernatural," the "other side" of death. With the advent and popularity of "Ghost Adventures," and other paranormal TV shows, we're seeing more of this subject come up. You think Death Stranding came out of nowwhere? No. People are interested in the "other side" of death. Those horror films aren't exciting; it trivializes the paranormal. The fact that "Ghost Adventures" was able to capture paranormal activity in real time, and CONSISTENTLY makes me believe in the other side, too. I'm casual about it, but those shows are why Evil Within and Death Stranding exists.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@Carlos YongYea's content got repetive to me, and I did not like how he singled out DMC5's microtransaction. I am not defending it, but he has seen way worse from the industry. Hell, MGSV had worse micro-transactions, yet when he has hyping up the game no mention of the micros or the problem they might cause. Random Black Gamer said best "Where were you when the games you love were doing this?". I know Yong is not the worse thing out their or nowhere near as bad as the trite of "profound intellectuals" on the YouTube page, but his content does not interest me.

Evil Within's main problem was story structure and sciztophenzic difficulty (luckliy the patched remedied most of the latter). They did make up their minds, but it's obvious that Shinji Mikami is a scenario and gameplay person first, story and characters second and third. Shinji made the right choice stepping down and lets someone else take the helm. Evil Within 2 fixed all of the problems I had with the original. I consider the EW2 this generation's RE2....

Well before the Remake was announced anyway, but I make it count.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

DMC1 is what I like to call the Final Fight or Double Dragon of the 6th generation. Despite 1's problems, it still better some of the clones in its wake, or all of the Dynasty Warriors games that released on PS2/XBOX.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
-I never wanna say all cops are bad, but some of these asshats shouldn't still have their jobs with the mess they've made.
-Only MCU fans would look at Endgame making over 2 billion and call that a loss all because it didn't pass Avatar. Pathetic.
-Brightburn has grown on me, despite its obvious flaws. Just something about that mask and cape that gets me.

Boobs>butts
12b600f76befac306183a3f8bfaa54efa1dc7bc1_hq.jpg

*builds trenches and reinforced barricades*

The more I think about it, the more I believe I'm slowly growing to straight up disliking DMC1.
That's fair. DMC1 was a good game for its time. Nowadays with being able to style switch and having weapons on the fly, DMC1 feels very dated to players who want more fast-paced action.

Top Bottom